Sign in to follow this  
mtm78

Split Topic: Gameplay > HMS Belfast release date

21 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

You give them free stuff and expect them to be impartial? What kind of clueless thinking is that?!

Are you just stupid or what? The ships CC's review are taken away afterwards, they are not getting anything. 
  • Cool 2

[SIEGE]
Players
67 posts
5,388 battles

Are you just stupid or what? The ships CC's review are taken away afterwards, they are not getting anything. 

Thats not the point numb-nuts, the rest of the playerbase is likely to make judgements on whether or not to buy, based off of these reviews. THEY will have to pay, but the reviewers won't have a critical opinion because they'll have recieved their review material for free.... Do I have to explain slowly and with much smaller words why this might be a slight problem?

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Thats not the point numb-nuts, the rest of the playerbase is likely to make judgements on whether or not to buy, based off of these reviews. THEY will have to pay, but the reviewers won't have a critical opinion because they'll have recieved their review material for free.... Do I have to explain slowly and with much smaller words why this might be a slight problem?

:rolleyes:

You are a special kind of snowflake aint ya?

So reviewers are dishonest and claim bogus things, result -> no one watches their reviews ever again. 

But hey, keep living in your small limited world, maybe someday someone just as special as you might be born to keep you company there.

• Cool 11

[SIEGE]
Players
67 posts
5,388 battles

You are a special kind of snowflake aint ya?

So reviewers are dishonest and claim bogus things, result -> no one watches their reviews ever again. 

But hey, keep living in your small limited world, maybe someday someone just as special as you might be born to keep you company there.

Passive/Agressive ignorance aside, the majority of reviewers already have large subscriber bases already, and even if that wasn't the case, no-one is going to stop watching someone because they made a bad/wrong review.

The comment about the small and limited world is ironic, considering that you title yourself as a martian. It's a shame you had to resort to personal attacks and grandeous overblown fantasy as if being melodramatic was the answer to someone putting forward critisism. It would appear that the special snowflake is you, friend... sorry if I triggered you, or if I disrupted the blinkered and echo-chambered thought-process you like so much.

If you're really this upset by something so trivial, you're more than welcome to come onto SGTA teamspeak, or private message me, but at least keep it classy on either of those, unlike here eh?

Edited by RegularLogic

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

You're the one starting the rhetoric buddy not me. 'Clueless' while making a statement which itself would quite eligible for it, is responded to with asking if you're stupid. 

To which you reply ->

Suffice to say, if you can't stand the heat...

Also, I feel sorry for you if you feel compelled to watch things you actually don't agree on yourself. Me, personally, if I don't like a t.v. channel I change it, I don't keep watching some bad movie just because the channel was on already. The same goes with reviewers, of any kind, if I can't trust them or otherwise find their content informational, why would I watch them.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
7,299 posts
9,543 battles

Passive/Agressive ignorance aside, the majority of reviewers already have large subscriber bases already, and even if that wasn't the case, no-one is going to stop watching someone because they made a bad/wrong review.

The comment about the small and limited world is ironic, considering that you title yourself as a martian. It's a shame you had to resort to personal attacks and grandeous overblown fantasy as if being melodramatic was the answer to someone putting forward critisism. [...]

That's cute coming from a guy who instantly resorting to insulting mtm's intelligence by insinuating he couldn't understand long words and other choice words ...

Here's a neat word for you to learn: hypocrite.

Edited by Aotearas
  • Cool 1

[SIEGE]
Players
67 posts
5,388 battles
[edited]
Edited by BigBadVuk
This post has been moderated by Wg staff member due to inappropriate content

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

[edited]

You're the only one who seems to be saying that you will keep watching biased community contributors, I would look for the fault in your own line of reasoning instead of in others. 

And with this attitude, you wouldn't even fit in SGWA so idk how that's supposed to be something I should 'consider'..

Ow and even AFTER your edits, you're still wrong ->

You give them free stuff and expect them to be impartial? What kind of thinking is that?! "Oh yeah this company gave me something for free, I better shill as hard as possible"

They DO NOT GET ANYTHING FOR FREE, since they don't get anything. Review ships are given temporary, they do the review, the ships are removed from their accounts again. That alone makes your whole point mute.

Edited by BigBadVuk
  • Cool 1

[SIEGE]
Players
67 posts
5,388 battles

You're the only one who seems to be saying that you will keep watching biased community contributors, I would look for the fault in your own line of reasoning instead of in others. 

And with this attitude, you wouldn't even fit in SGWA so idk how that's supposed to be something I should 'consider'..

Clear narcissism again - "you wouldn't fit in SGWA" oh noes, how terrible for me... also SGWA is an open door community, and whilst there is a rule about being respectful, considering where you've got to in that community I'm going to go out on a limb and say strangers actually isn't too fussed.

You're right, clearly if someone is reviewing something they've been given for free, you shouldn't question whether or not to believe them.

The word for this last section is "Sarcasm".

Edited by RegularLogic

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

They DO NOT GET ANYTHING FOR FREE, since they don't get anything. Review ships are given temporary, they do the review, the ships are removed from their accounts again. That alone makes your whole point mute.

/discussion

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,965 battles

So exactly the same way things like game reviews work, except WoWS ships are only given temporarily?

Care to give your position another think-through?

[SIEGE]
Players
67 posts
5,388 battles

View Postmtm78, on 15 October 2016 - 05:52 PM, said:

/discussion

You're really at home with the narcissism aren't you? Clearly only by your own comments can a discussion end...

It's actually really bad that you can't figure out the difference between someone buying something, and someone being given it for free to influence others - even if it is removed afterwards. I'm guessing your dictionary doesn't include certain buzzwords like "integrity" or "honesty".

So exactly the same way things like game reviews work, except WoWS ships are only given temporarily?

Care to give your position another think-through?

My thinking is fine - are you arguing that because a product is free, even if only temporarily that you shouldn't question the fact and the opinions of the reviewer?

[CHATS]
Community Contributor
5,750 posts
9,717 battles

Clear narcissism again - "you wouldn't fit in SGWA" oh noes, how terrible for me... also SGWA is an open door community, and whilst there is a rule about being respectful, considering where you've got to in that community I'm going to go out on a limb and say strangers actually isn't too fussed.

You're right, clearly if someone is reviewing something they've been given for free, you shouldn't question whether or not to believe them.

The word for this last section is "Sarcasm".

Hello,

Sorry I'm not a famous CC, just a regular player who has been "name" CC because I was very dedicated into the french forum.

To explain you that if I want to review a ship, I've to ask to WG Staff members.

If I'm granted as tester, I will have it for a short period of time with a NDA. When the NDA is over I can release my review and the ship is removed from my port.

If I want the ship I've to pay for it just like you.

The only benefit is if the ship fit my gameplay I will know before buying it.

So if I follow your logic only people who actually pay can have a fair opinion on any product ? 

Edited by gobolino
  • Cool 5

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,965 battles

My thinking is fine - are you arguing that because a product is free, even if only temporarily that you shouldn't question the fact and the opinions of the reviewer?

I'm arguing that it's the only way it can work and that if you assume bias, then you can no longer use any reviews of anything other than customer reviews after the product is released. And for people who don't do reviews professionally there are other biases to take into account.

If you have an actual reason for doubting the validity of a review then please take that into consideration, but getting the product for free isn't a legitimate one other than in fringe cases.

There is a reason why most reviews take price into consideration when doing a review, even going so far as to specifically discussing the value and comparing it to other similar offers.

Supertester
2,374 posts
9,479 battles

You're really at home with the narcissism aren't you? Clearly only by your own comments can a discussion end...

It's actually really bad that you can't figure out the difference between someone buying something, and someone being given it for free to influence others - even if it is removed afterwards. I'm guessing your dictionary doesn't include certain buzzwords like "integrity" or "honesty".

Because the reviews of Dunkerque, Yubari, Campbeltown, Krasny Krim, Atlanta and countless others by countless CC's clearly show how they are biased as hell....

Mate, I know it's difficult to acknowledge you've spouted a bit of BS, but in this case, this is the time to do it.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

M8 my last reply to you: SGWA was founded because I nagged him to death about it being good for the community. I am seemingly having a hard timmy carrying it on my own, strangers has been pretty preoccupied indeed. But that's our issue and it has nothing to do with you. The open door community ends somewhere, feel free to walk in I won't ban you from the TS or forum in any case. Just don't expect anything from me, as I will expect nothing from you. What you will never be a part of though, is any activities I will organize personally, but feel free to use things supplied by me freely like the SGWA forums :rolleyes:

As to all your personal insults and insinuations, well done dear sir well done :coin:

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

[edited]

Edited by BigBadVuk
This post has been moderated by Wg staff member due to inappropriate content
  • Cool 3

Beta Tester
320 posts
6,301 battles

[edited]

I dont get the hating. If your hate is the only reason why the eu shouldnt get the belfast first, then they definitely should get it first. 

Using a ship in a computer game to have a political dig at a nation is fairly provocative. Much less so than those of the british playerbase who would like RN ships first.

Edited by BigBadVuk
  • Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,965 battles

I dont get the hating. If your hate is the only reason why the eu shouldnt get the belfast first, then they definitely should get it first. 

Using a ship in a computer game to have a political dig at a nation is fairly provocative. Much less so than those of the british playerbase who would like RN ships first.

You might want to get your irony-detector checked.

Players
2,772 posts
12,699 battles

Trafalgar day 21st October ! Release date for Belfast !

I approve of this date 100%! :)

Jethro has a witty and dry sense of humour. He is just being ironic! :)

AFAIK he doesn't hate anybody (except maybe his missus - but that's natural! :trollface: )

Alpha Tester
2,070 posts
1,108 battles
This argument and those responding to it is not needed in the forum, take it elsewhere (out of the forum). Posts removed