Sign in to follow this  
_Guy

Royal Navy T8: Edinburgh

11 comments in this topic

[CR33D]
Community Contributor
252 posts
12,698 battles

An interesting ship with good damage potential, but I still struggle to see a good role for this ship in ranked, as it only has 3 torpedoes per side and just like all RN ships, suffers when the enemy angles against them.

Meant to say manual AA affects 85mm+ ofc, not just 100mm! Also interestingly the Fiji has the same guns with the same reload, so that's certainly going to be a strong T7!

• Cool 6

Players
2,559 posts
15,503 battles

You should try a full secondary build for Edinburgh or Neptune. Sit in smoke at 7km and vomit out 6 HE shells every 2 seconds. :great:

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,335 posts
3,697 battles

You should try a full AA build for Neptune. Unless I'm mistaken that ship's gonna benefit a lot from MAAFC, as all her DP armament is 85mm+

[CR33D]
Community Contributor
252 posts
12,698 battles

You should try a full AA build for Neptune. Unless I'm mistaken that ship's gonna benefit a lot from MAAFC, as all her DP armament is 85mm+

I've already been testing that ship running nothing but Manual AA and it's insanely strong. Ruined the day of some poor shokaku.

rFPNRHR.jpg

Players
1,015 posts
4,182 battles

only problem with AAA spec is that after this patch there will be eaven less CVs

There must be some other CV nerf in this patch as well... In every patch!

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,566 posts
15,611 battles

You should try a full secondary build for Edinburgh or Neptune. Sit in smoke at 7km and vomit out 6 HE shells every 2 seconds. :great:

ye try that :trollface:

[-TWA-]
Players
886 posts
12,568 battles

Why would you turn away from the incoming New Orleans instead of rushing straight up to him and torping him to pieces?

[TAMAR]
[TAMAR]
Beta Tester
9 posts
4,657 battles

do the Edinburgh's Ap shells cause fires? I can't see a chance of fires caused by AP's so is it worth allocating Demolition expert to level 4 crew skill?

[THESO]
Alpha Tester
18,658 posts
6,078 battles

ye try that :trollface:

He is talking about the 6x2 102mm secondaries which fire every 2 seconds which CAN set fires ( because... they shoot HE )...

:trollface:

Players
2,559 posts
15,503 battles

I tried it and got a CQE flag in my first game, RIP Mahan :honoring: Unfortunately 4" does nothing to those BBabies, so I wouldn't recommend it.

PPl1Ahu.jpg

Screw AA, gimme those sweet, sweet hit points.

Sign in to follow this