You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
The_Tyke

Grinding for the King

Grinding for the King  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be grinding the British line?

• Yes, I will be grinding the British line
    • No, I will use free xp
    • There is another nation being added?
    • I have no plans to even play the British

70 comments in this topic

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles

The much awaited new line is almost upon us, and I suspect that a lot of you have already saved up a ton of free xp and credits.

Which prompts the question "will we see any T1 to T7 Brits on the water tomorrow?" following the reviews.

For myself I will be going straight to T4 (Danae) and if the lure of the smoke and plane proves too much then T5 (Emerald). I cannot play cruisers at all well, so I will be staying low tier.

So, Captains, will you grind for His Majesty, or take the helm of the cream?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,386 battles

Why waste free XP if you only need a handful of battles to get past the T1-3 ships? :)

2 hours of playtime should get you your T4 ship (less if you're using premium account)

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles

Why waste free XP if you only need a handful of battles to get past the T1-3 ships? :)

2 hours of playtime should get you your T4 ship (less if you're using premium account)

Because I have nothing else to spend it on.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,386 battles

Because I have nothing else to spend it on.

I'd spare my free XP for the moments I really need it (e.g. upgrading the stock hull on higher tier BBs).

Unless you're at T10 in every line.. :unsure: Are you at T10 in every line?

[JUNK]
Players
849 posts
9,661 battles

Probably, but not immediately. I was hyped enough for the german BBs to endure the torment of the low tier matchmaking (12 vs 12 Nassaus), but the British CLs just don't interest me too much, and especially with the gimmicky AP-only restriction. Will probably play them later.

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

Since i have "only" 5 ships left to grind from the "old" lines, i will engage grindmode for the upcoming UK cruisers.

No point in wasting free XP to skip lower tiers.

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles

You're at T10 in every line?

Hehe, I wish I was that good. 

No, I stay at the lower levels. 4 to 6 mostly. Why? Because I totally suck, cannot hide the truth.

[IDDQD]
Players
1,754 posts
15,987 battles

I will not be grinding in right meaning. Just same as all other lines, I will try play for bonus XP every day and one day I will have T10. I have around 100k free XP so maybe I will skip few first tiers to T4 or so. I dont have credits anyway to buy higher ships.

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles

The only RN cruiser that I may be interested in is the OP af Belfast. So OP she can use hydro&radar&smoke HE. However I welcome any new food that also makes the battles more fun while I continue grinding German BBs.

Or while playing the real most OP premium cruiser of them all. The Belfast Scharnhorst. :trollface:

Beta Tester
299 posts
3,337 battles

I'll wait until Ranked is over before I start the british.

Maybe the crest of the wave is before me by then. And then, as usual: Free XP for the modules, play for the next ship.

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles

There will be Tier X RN cruisers tomorrow...

Yes. Spamming any broadside they get because it's the only way they'll do damage because even DDs can bounce Minotaurs shells if they angle. Maybe then we'll see fulfilled the dream of 100% of BBs bow on. Can't wait for that.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,402 posts
18,101 battles

First impressions of the Black Swan (courtesy of an account on the NA server). Carries more HP 6450 against 4500 and punches well above her weight. Mind you slow and sluggish but those guns make up for it. One very quick PvE game (3.5 mins) 38 shell hits including 10 citadels. Weymouth under the grind now......

Have to say the limitations of the low tiers without HE really show up when facing BB's, then it is time to run! 

Enjoy it tomorrow....

[PRAVD]
Players
1,106 posts
5,601 battles

I'm in no hurry. I missed the 12-point captain due to a lack of time to game. I have a 9-point captain however that I can use.

I'll see if it's worth it. The first (HE) version was the only one I was looking forward to. I was very sceptical about every version that came after that, including tomorrow's version.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,386 battles

No, I stay at the lower levels. 4 to 6 mostly. Why? Because I totally suck, cannot hide the truth.

Ok, it makes some sense then to use free XP on the T1-3 ships.

I don't use free XP on low tier ships because I spare it for higher tiers.

E.g. it cost me about 57k free XP to upgrade the stock hull of the NC

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,688 posts
5,569 battles

I'll be playing all of them.

Partly because I dislike skipping ships as that kind of defeats the point of playing, and partly because in my experience lots of ships that a large number of people have claimed are "utterly useless" (old furutaka, pre radar Atlanta, pensacola) I've gotten on really well with and had great results.

On the other hand ships that people say are amazing, and OP (tirpitz, gremmy) I really haven't got on with at all

Players
2,381 posts
15,503 battles

I'll have Edinburgh with a 16 point captain tomorrow :great:

Maybe Neptune with a 15 point captain too?? Na, I'll save my last bits of free XP for general upgrades, Fiji and Leander have 12-15 point captains that need retraining too (which one gets lumped with DE? :teethhappy:)

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,088 posts
14,054 battles

I might mess around with the tiers 2 or 3 a little bit, then I'll freeXP my way to the tier 5.

Players
744 posts
7,393 battles

Got not a lot of time to play over the next week or two (still more than in the last month though) but I have a 12pt captain (campbeltown skills unassigned) and a 6pt captain (skills unassigned for taking over any ship I like/want to keep) all ready to go.

I may forego taking the kings shilling for the moment and go back to some kaiser/konig BB action to a) be all "historical"  b) actually play these ships a bit. c) level up their captains. 

but there shall be RN ships in Port Hamster.

Players
284 posts
4,746 battles

oh, well... if you mostly play low tiers i can't really see any point in jumping 3 of them with free xp. more so if you think how fast is the grind below tier 5!

Players
1,008 posts

I dont have a lot of time to play, plus I only have around 18,000 free xp to use. So I will grind. Plus, I like to try and have a go at every ship in a line, see how they develop.

Players
233 posts
4,871 battles

Everyone and his dog will be in the new cruisers tomorrow I expect.

So, great time to go over to the dark side temporarily and take out some BBs :hiding:

• Cool 2

[1DSF]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,981 posts
6,125 battles

Not sure about it. Minotaur looks Interesting.  I have enough Free XP . But i dont like CRUISER at all, or they dont like me:hiding:. But AP only Sounds so Interesting :ohmy::nerv_fish: