Kevbar

Wasted Skill, Royal Navy

9 comments in this topic

[HOO]
Beta Tester
680 posts
5,743 battles

Like many others, I bought HMS Warspite (which I love to bits btw :honoring: ) and use her for training Captains ready for the release of the rest of the fleet. Since getting her, I've trained 2 Captains, one for BB's, the other for cruisers both of which are at level 4 and progressing steadily to level 5.

For my cruiser captain I trained him in the obligatory 'Demolition Expert' skill only to find out 48 hours before release that the whole RN cruiser line will be AP only. After submitting a ticket to support :sceptic: I get the following (and yes I know its against forum rules to discuss etc, but frankly I'm so pI55ed off right now I don't give a monkey's t055).

FFS.jpg

TLDR:- Basically, if you trained a cruiser captain with level 4 Demo Exp in your Warspite, you've been well and truly shafted by WG :angry:

FFS.jpg

[CATS]
Players
19,880 posts
12,385 battles

Do not train captains if you do not know how the ships work.

And the AP only was known for quite some time (not that I agree with that decision).

• Cool 4

[HOO]
Beta Tester
680 posts
5,743 battles

Do not train captains if you do not know how the ships work.

And the AP only was known for quite some time (not that I agree with that decision).

Well tbf, did anyone guess that the long awaited RN branch would be the first to break the mould? I'd skilled the Cap'n way before this AP kneejerk balance was announced. I'll just use my BB skipper instead :hmm: still bloody annoying though.

Put in reserve and retrain when British DDs arrive. Problem solved. 

... and on that day, Satan will be skating to work. :sleep_fish:

• Cool 1

Players
61 posts
3,391 battles

Exactly the same scenario with me, 2 captains both specced with DE for the upcoming cruisers.

Will cost me about 650 doubloons, which frankly is totally arse. 

With only one ammo type available you'd think DE would still cover it, not that a 3% fire chance would be much more useful than a Tashkent in ranked.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,161 posts
11,384 battles

Exactly the same scenario with me, 2 captains both specced with DE for the upcoming cruisers.

Will cost me about 650 doubloons, which frankly is totally arse. 

With only one ammo type available you'd think DE would still cover it, not that a 3% fire chance would be much more useful than a Tashkent in ranked.

and if you buy Belfast you Need a DE captain anyhow for her ,-))
  • Cool 1

[ROTSS]
Players
6 posts
2,958 battles

If I could fix a problem that I felt as passionately as you do about this, for about £1/$1/€1, I would be very happy ;-)