Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Andylilmo

Detonations

11 comments in this topic

Players
20 posts
2,920 battles

Heya All

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed an increase in detonations recently or am i imagining it, i have had 4 in 2 days including 1 bomb from a CV in a Mutsuki, just had 1 torp on the bow of a Kongo and 2 in CA. I have also seen a perceived increase in general.  I don't tend to use flags on my lower tiers and save them for ranked battles.

Regards

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,677 posts
5,560 battles

When they changed the equipment they removed -20% chance of detonation from the most popular choice (and added a new item that gives -70%)

So if you still use the equipment that makes your turrets less likely to be destroyed then you're more likely to detonate than before that patch. If you instead now use the -70% then you're less likely to.

In addition they added some extra flags that give greater chance of causing fires, and greater chances of flooding. However they come with a greater chance of YOU detonating. If you have those mounted then you'll be more likely to.

• Cool 3

[1378]
Players
460 posts
3,052 battles

<snip>

That is a very nice and clear explanation, and logical to boot! It is more than just a gut-feeling, it is a distinct possibility that detonations are occurring more often because of what Xevious_Red explained.

Thanks!

[NED]
Players
4,181 posts
11,672 battles

No. Haven't noticed in/ decrease in deto's. I'm recieving and dealing them "on par" with the statistical chances. Roughly 1% of the matches. Though I have noticed DD's are most prone to detonations. Never saw a CV detonate (doesn't mean it won't happen).

Beta Tester
1,739 posts
1,771 battles

I am at 2% for getting detonated per game, I do however play a lot of DDs and only sometimes BBs. I do not use anti-det flags in randoms, because I think it is a waste (more useful if I start playing ranked).

Overall, I still despise this game mechanic and I am saying so since closed beta.

• Cool 1

[AXIS]
Players
647 posts
9,676 battles

this whole detonation game mechanic is cancer no matter how you look at it. especially when playing ranked, you run out of flags and have to go play random battles until you blow up some more...

i seriously question if there´s just a bunch of monkeys sitting in the wg-offices, flinging around their shite

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,181 posts
11,672 battles

I don't like it either. I can understand the "reality adding feeling" about it. But it's just a very random event. There's nothing a player can do in order to reduce the risk of taking 1 or increasing the chance of dealing a detonation. The most annoying part is the pure radomness of deto's. I think everybody can uderstand a deto if a hit was a penetrationhit. But now it's a roll of the dice. Had a deto once by a secondary hit from a cruiser in my dd. Laded clearly on the deck, doing 100-ish damage. Boom detonation. In another case I had to take a plane torp with Impregnator. Also a detonation. I mean come on! Yes, torps are ment to do a lot of damage but the damage output is always from the outside. I also heard stories of a DD detonating a Yamato. How on Earth could a pea shooter penetrate straight into the ammo room of a Yamato??

[1378]
Players
460 posts
3,052 battles

I also heard stories of a DD detonating a Yamato. How on Earth could a pea shooter penetrate straight into the ammo room of a Yamato??

Hey, the Rebel forces blew up the Death Star using a single torpedo! Guess who's been watching all those movies? The monkeys at WG, while flinging their feces :P

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

The most annoying part is the pure radomness of deto's.

You're wrong in that.

They aren't random but at least destroyers have insane buff to chance of getting detonated by first hit(s) of the match:

At least 8/10 detonations happen when at full or high HP.

After having survived hits to lose ~25% of HP probability of detonation is only fraction.

Below 50% HP we're talking about single digit percentage of detonations happening.

While if they were actually random they should happen evenly at various hp levels.

Sample of 70 detonations is enough to rule out random chance.

Especially when same applies to destroyers I've detonated.

Out of some two dozen only couple have been from below high hp...

Well, at least full hp Nicholas detonated by single hit yesterday didn't report me unlike previous apparently did.

In receing end last time managed to cripple Minekaze with torp hit while avoiding its torps getting finishing gun salvo fired, while it fired single shell to my 100% hp ship...

In another case I had to take a plane torp with Impregnator. Also a detonation. I mean come on! Yes, torps are ment to do a lot of damage but the damage output is always from the outside.

Actually torpedo hits happen lot closer to magazines than gun shell hits.

And they pack almost ten times as much explosive than most AP shells.

Mine/torpedo was also the usual reason for those rare compared to number of losses magazine detonation of destroyers...

Not gunfire because also destroyer's magazines are below waterline and compared to size of the ship they're small target.

Players
378 posts
3,401 battles

Never saw a CV detonate (doesn't mean it won't happen).

Could be remembering wrong but i'm pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere that CV's can't get detonated, something about the ammo not being stored in a single location or at least something along those lines

[BPP]
Players
8 posts
4,523 battles

Yes also noticed the increased Detonations yesterday out of my 15 battles at least 3 detonations on my teammates/enemies.

Funny thing when I got two on the same day:

Tirpitz got torpedoed in the line of the second turret in a very low angle (it came at 12-1 o'clock and couldn not evade) and booooom it detonated.... got 75% of HP away....

Warspite got torpedoed to the stern from portside.... in reality my rudder and props could be damaged, but no.... detonation.....

For the sake of calm it is okay that they increased the chance for detonation, but make in reasonable to believe it...... (also one torpedo hit me that was on paralel way with me and closed me 0,1 km and boom got me with it - was close counter magnetic detnators built into torps??.... but that is another issue)

Sign in to follow this