You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Lorenzo_Finotto

Ijn DDs, upcoming split and discounts

18 comments in this topic

Players
390 posts
6,960 battles

Ok, reading to the october event calendar  (founded here: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/64005-event-calendar-for-october/) this weekend will feature some discount on ijn ships, so, i think we should discuss on the upcoming ijn DDs split. Why? Cause, accordling to people here that have seen splits on world of tanks, if you own, for example, a t8 fubuki, after the split you will receive a new t6 fubuki PLUS a new t8 kagero as a compensation, that's mean that we will have some situations:

1-wg won't follow the WoT protocoll

2-wg follow the Wot protocol and the ships earned will have an own port slot

3-wg follow the Wot protocol and the ships earned will have an own port slot, plus you could receive two times the same ships , thats should end with the keeping the credits and the port slot frome one of the two, just like happends today with premiums and arp ships (ex: you have a t8 fubuki and a t6 mutsuki, both situations will cause you to receive a new t6 fubuki, so you earn a t6 fubuki and the port slots+credits of the second fubuki)

4-wg follow the Wot protocol and the ships earned won't have an own port slot, but if you have no place in your port you'll received enough slots to keep them.

5-wg follow the Wot protocol and the ships earned won't have an own port slot, but if you have no place in your port you'll received enough slots to keep them, plus you could receive two times the same ships , thats should end with the keeping the credits and the port slot frome one of the two, just like happends today with premiums and arp ships (ex: you have a t8 fubuki and a t6 mutsuki, both situations will cause you to receive a new t6 fubuki, so you earn a t6 fubuki and the port slots+credits of the second fubuki) 

So, in most in the situation 2 and 4 it could be fun to have some ijn DDs in the port, cause it will end in some free port slot, while in situation 3 and 5 we enjoy the most having the whole t6-t9 line. 
Thats why the discounts are important: if you have to rebuy half line of ships i think that they'll help us a lot.

So, unless we receive some official informations about what wg's intentions and what we will receive for our's ijn dds before the ending of the discounts, i think that is better to discuss about this, expecially, if a WoT or ex-WoT player can give us more informations about what happened there, i will be really happy.

Edited by Lorenzo_Finotto

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,409 posts
14,616 battles

if you own, for example, a t8 fubuki, after the split you will receive a new t6 fubuki PLUS a new t8 kagero as a compensation,

I don´t think this is right. You will most probably receive the new tier 8 instead of the old one. That's all.

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,324 posts
9,090 battles

I think WG have been pretty fair so far with any changes they have made (apart from a few niggles here and there), so let's trust they'll do the right thing?

Players
390 posts
6,960 battles

I don´t think this is right. You will most probably receive the new tier 8 instead of the old one. That's all.

i thought the same thing, but, as i said before, aparently in the same situation in WoT they gave the players both the new-tier-tank and the old tank with the new tier; but i didn't found any information about slots...

I think WG have been pretty fair so far with any changes they have made (apart from a few niggles here and there), so let's trust they'll do the right thing?

I don't think so, look at the arp captains and mission captains that can be used to expand captain reserve but most of people don't/didn't anything know about, plus i think that is not a "trust or not trust wg", but a simple "how get the more profit from this situation. 

Players
6,008 posts
7,043 battles

I haven't seen any detailed info about IJN DDs split.

So don't speculate just wait.

We will have enough time to make a sh1tstorm about it :trollface:

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,415 posts
5,101 battles

Right, and I dont exspect anything else.

Hmm...WG has done some stuff before, just remembering the T34-Thingy when they reworked the US Heavy branch ages ago *petting my free T34 prem*

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,348 posts
14,977 battles

Hmm...WG has done some stuff before, just remembering the T34-Thingy when they reworked the US Heavy branch ages ago *petting my free T34 prem*

But not when they gave use the Action X tier X British Med tank.

any way this is very different as they are not making any of the ships PREM.

Whatever happens i want to try Fubuki at tier 6, Love her at tier 8 and Currently there are no tier 6 DD's i like where as there are DD's I enjoy at ALL other tiers. I hope the new Fubuki will fill this Tier for me

Edited by T0byJug

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

sarcasm?

Beta Tester
1,739 posts
1,771 battles

Lucky me then, that I actually have all IJN DD from T2 to T9 in port... doesn't matter what WG is doing, I will see it. :)

Edited by Nethraniel

[TTT]
Players
1,952 posts
6,062 battles

That is a very old change a more recent one is the KV-1S change. Players who had a KV1s got the new KV85 that replaced it. The KV1S now at tier 5 was fully researched but not given to players.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,243 battles

Worth remembering in such discussions that the ship is only one aspect of the issue.  I have Kagero and fubuki in my port. While I am indeed expecting to get the Yûgumo at tier IX, Kagero at VIII and the Fubuki itself at Tier VI after the shuffle I'm expecting to be shafted over the commanders because WG have form in WoT.

Kagero presently has a fifteen point guy. Fubuki  runs with a ten Point captain.  I don't have a Tier VI DD in my port...  Will the Kagero Commander move with the ship to Tier VIII or take up the Yûgumo?  Is Fubuki 's commander destined for tier VI?

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,914 posts
3,824 battles

Worth remembering in such discussions that the ship is only one aspect of the issue.  I have Kagero and fubuki in my port. While I am indeed expecting to get the Yûgumo at tier IX, Kagero at VIII and the Fubuki itself at Tier VI after the shuffle I'm expecting to be shafted over the commanders because WG have form in WoT.

Kagero presently has a fifteen point guy. Fubuki  runs with a ten Point captain.  I don't have a Tier VI DD in my port...  Will the Kagero Commander move with the ship to Tier VIII or take up the Yûgumo?  Is Fubuki 's commander destined for tier VI?

I'd assume he'd be retrained in the equivalent tier ship that replaces the original.
  • Cool 1

Players
390 posts
6,960 battles

Well, since my 15 point fubuki it's the only ok-ship for ranked, i Hope they will give me a 15 point kagero to complete the end the season...

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,243 battles

I'd assume he'd be retrained in the equivalent tier ship that replaces the original.

Well, since my 15 point fubuki it's the only ok-ship for ranked, i Hope they will give me a 15 point kagero to complete the end the season...

Here's hoping.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,072 posts
9,827 battles

Lucky me then, that I actually have all IJN DD from T2 to T9 in port... doesn't matter what WG is doing, I will see it. :)

it still matters. Fubuki is one of my keepers with perm prem cammo because I consider her fun. I considered the kagaro grind a pain and i certainly dont want prem camo on a ship that suck or a castrated much to high detectionrange for t6 Fubuki.

Beta Tester
1,739 posts
1,771 battles

it still matters. Fubuki is one of my keepers with perm prem cammo because I consider her fun. I considered the kagaro grind a pain and i certainly dont want prem camo on a ship that suck or a castrated much to high detectionrange for t6 Fubuki.

Yeah, ok... perm prem camo is an issue. Here it would be nice to get some information how this will be handled. Refund would be fair in this case, instead of forced application to a new and not yet available replacement.

I do not have perma camo, so it is not an issue for me.

Players
317 posts
4,678 battles

This exactly, why the hell would you expect anything other than a straight swap? :amazed: