Cynd3r

Royal Navy Cruisers Feedback

244 comments in this topic

Players
125 posts
98 battles

Hello,

Please leave all feedback regarding Royal Navy Cruisers here!

[-AWF-]
Players
1,196 posts
6,468 battles

What is the point? 

You know full well how crappy they are, it is ridiculous to even discuss it. From the versitile but somewhat boring workhorses they were in real life they have been turned into some gimmickey ships that will not appease the players that have waited for them since WG went with the absurd idea to put the Russian ships into the game first. And speaking of that, shall we compare them to the OP Russian cruisers?

Tsss.

• Cool 14

[ST-EU]
Supertester
82 posts
9,352 battles

Hm....  Who did come up with the superb idea to give 152mm guns with AP only, was in games with BB's and the poor RN cruisers that dared to shoot at me only bounced on the broadside, while i used HE shells and citadelled it,

1. I do mean that not having any HE that removes the chance of getting fires set removes the ship from the battle they have to hide. If they are lucky they might damage a destroyer if they are shooting it in the broadside.

2. How can a AP shell do any module damage.

3. Low AA ratings on most of the ships!!!!

And the only way to get a fairly decent game in them you need a 15 or 18 skill captain.

Getting citadelled from whatever angle your hit is not adding anything else then getting the comunity to rage endlessly 

• Cool 3

[GRKEN]
Supertester
1,041 posts
3,463 battles

Complete dissapointment

Edit: Brandy

Edited by Mister_Greek
  • Cool 6

[HMSF]
Players
1 post
4,402 battles

Best answer by von_boeg, absolutely agree ive waited for the RN line for an age just to discover that they are hideous. i know they werent special in real life but hell its a game its supposed to be fun instead this line is a grind from the start, gimmicky at best. and as for having the only RN ship (belfast) with HE at tier 7 it almost feels like there expecting people to buy their way through the crud or cough up the cash for the belfast. And need i say more about the mm after every single one of these updates, heres an idea and it didnt take much creative thinking why didnt you release the IJN dd's at the same time to eleviate the stress of being in an all RN CA battle over and over again!!! another case of WG getting it hideously wrong.

PPPFFFFFTTTTTT!

• Cool 1

[__]
Beta Tester
734 posts
1,694 battles

Cant fight.- AP whatever the angle just bounces, not enough constistant damage to be competitive

Cant run.- Smoke should be a temporary advantage to give you a slight edge when you need it, players should not be forced to depend on it to keep them alive 10 out of 10 games

Not fun! - whom ever decided this setup was ready to go live should be sacked on the spot, I regret wasting near £20 of dubloons on this substandard and insulting ship line

Von_Boeg easily puts it best.

this "british vehicles are for veteran players only" shite needs to stop wargamming

Edited by Mymeara
  • Cool 4

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,324 posts
9,090 battles

Well, based on feedback from some respectable people here I won't be starting the RN line at all, what's the point. All that excitement to see them done such an injustice. This update feels like such a major let down. This was the line I was most anticipating. Well, at least they tricked everyone into spending all those dubloons in their port for conversion before reaping more profit from the Belfast when it's finally released.

Edited by Shaka_D
  • Cool 4

[DREAD]
Players
5,149 posts
5,081 battles

Expected somehow :-)

Ppl waited so bad for this line I was almost sure that WG can't create anything to please the RN fanboys.

These cruisers were rather shitty/mediocre in real life - WG tried to spice the line up. Tbh. I am not even interested in the line. Maybe later but at the moment - meh

What I can fully second is the strong disagreement with WG's tendency to go more and more gimmicky/cartoonish/fantasy

This just hurts the game and leaves the impression that WG never had a plan beyond IJN and USN.

• Cool 3

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,408 posts
14,616 battles

Why does a British cruiser captain get penalty when retraining in Warspite?

shot-16.10.20_15.19.39-0954.jpg

Didn't have that problem with Campbeltown

EDIT: restarting the game seems to have solved the issue.

Edited by JapLance

Players
18 posts
3,493 battles

Disgusting. Who's idea was it to render them AP only? I'll not be bothering thanks. Yet another gimmick line offering near-pointless smoke screens in lieu of HE shells.

​You can barely kill DD's with this. BB's are almost entirely safe. Going to have a field day with Konigsberg, Nurnberg and Scharnhorst now.

​Basically a cynical ploy to have all the Brits who've waited to play their own country buy the Belfast.

• Cool 2

Players
356 posts
11,325 battles

Please give them an anchor consumable so the british teabags can stop, and they just keep gliding for forever, and you can't dodge torps every other ship could dodged, it is like you made them be Titanic's as that turd couldn't stop either and hit a iceberg and i'm reliving that all the time it is just torpedoes and not an iceberg but all the same, so it is just retarded how bad these teabags are at slowing down considering how fast they get going.

So please for the love of god make them stop faster...!

[ATOM-]
Players
62 posts
5,295 battles

Well I guess they said you had to ask. But we have to say what did you expect as an answer?

Got as far as tier two and thought nope. I have over 100K fre XP for this day and frankly, they are staying banked. I am going to take out my other vessels as they will be hugely OP in comparison. 

Just had a game where I chased down a Leander in my Mutsuki.. Was perfectly able to head straight for him and he could do nothing until his secondaries hit me and caused a fire.. Well nothing except miss or bounce that is..... Still he focused me with everything and did very little damage and I got to within 2K of him.. At which point he went boom.

Not WG's finest hour 

Beta Tester
623 posts
380 battles

Hello,

Please leave all feedback regarding Royal Navy Cruisers here!

Well the new Royal Navy cruisers are a little underwhelming in comparison to the countries they need to compete with.

They have no HE shells, they have absolutely no protection what so ever, well the smoke could use a buff.

I guess making 1 cruiser line different then the rest isn't necessarily a bad move , but creating a weak cruiser line for a nation highly waited for is a smack in the face.

My suggestions are:

1) buff their survivability and armour

2) improve the AA on these ships

3) Or you take the line out and redesign them

Edited by Ambiorix1032
  • Cool 3

[S-O-D]
Players
4 posts

I think just eveything I want to say about it has been said and exactly what we expected Rubbish.

• AP only. useless on big Battleships it bounces on ninety percent of shots and clearly useless on DD as it over penetrates. ridiculous
  • smoke pointless 7 seconds and so small a cloud it is spotted even when behind it
  • and totally outclassed by equivalent tiers especially russian crusiers who destroy you in about four salvos
  • short torp range. If it had armour to be resilent enough to get that close it might be ok

The Emerald excels at nothing, it isnt nimble enough, it doesn't hit hard enough, and to only have AP is dire. Its torps dont have any range so if you do get close enough the thin armour gets you killed when you do. So why would you play a ship so badly equiped and doesn't have any redeeming features in its armoury.

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
45 posts
10,707 battles

not only all what said above  but too top it off  even the arch is higher then it was in testing, so rounds in air so long they lost ant speed they had, and land 5 secs to late. I'm getting 1 or 2 pens out of  8 or 9 hits the trops so slow even that sinking ship moves faster. just need too lower the arch and give better pen

[S-O-D]
Players
4 posts

Why didn't you produce the HMS Ajax or HMS Belfast or the Sheffield all decent ships that actually saw action at least a ship that we knew nationally. You obviously dont really care about this line or the British player base even though it was one of the largest seagoing navies for some years.

• Cool 2

Players
6 posts
4,991 battles

I have never posted on these forums but took the time to check out what was being said and add my opinion which is,

1. you have taken one of the biggest lines of ships in historical terms and made it a JOKE.

2. The AP only has nothing to do with historical accuracy or gameplay , but has everything to do with wanting to protect the Premium tier 7 and 8 battleships and giving them something to shoot at that can`t really damage them back

3. The reason Belfast will be allowed to have HE is simply because its a premium ship and earns money for the company

4. I feel pretty sure the accountants are happy with the new British line of cruisers and the game designers are "crying into their Vodka". After all nobody likes to build something that is deliberately flawed.

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,386 battles

I told you so. 

that RN whine threads would appear just hours after the patch was released? :hiding:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About AP-only:

If RN CLs would have HE, the amount of HE spam from smokescreens would increase a LOT.

I can't imagine the storm of "HE / fire damage is OP" -threads this would create .

But a possible solution could be to give the RN CLs very weak HE shells like the KM CLs, and with very low fire damage (e.g. 1-2 % or so).

Also, I thought the RN AP shells have rather good characteristics (i.e. higher % overpen damage and shorter fuse time).

I think you'll have more chance of getting a penetration on a DD and other CLs (in stead of overpens).

Btw, how is the smoke pointless?

7 seconds to generate the smoke is rather short, but then you shouldn't smoke up if you're sailing full speed but slow down before you do.