Bug Reports

68 comments in this topic

Players
125 posts
98 battles

Please leave any bug reports in this thread using this bug report template:

Bug report template

1. Description
Clear and substantial description containing all necessary details.
Example: the cruiser Aoba: scout is inoperable.

2. Reproduction steps

A sequence of the player's actions which triggered the bug.
Example: 1. Select the cruiser Aoba 2. Enter the battle (Training or Random Battle). 3. Try to launch the scout.

3. Result

In-game experience resulting from the bug.
Example: When you press the scout activation button, you can hear the sound, but nothing actually happens. The aircraft stands still on the catapult.

4. Expected result

In-game experience which should have occurred if no bug is present.
Example: The scout has to be launched by the catapult.

5. Technical details

Example: Bug time: about 19:30 (UTC).Replay (attempt at 01:00), python.log, DxDiag.

If you encounter this error:

565152Sanstitre.png

pack, please, your ~\crashes\ folder and upload it to any online file storage.

[TTT]
Players
1,841 posts
7,390 battles

1. Description
It's impossible to move captains between ships if the reserve is full, even when the ship the captain is being moved to is empty.

2. Reproduction steps

1. Get your reserve full.

2. Have one ship without a captain in it.

3. Try to move a captain from another ship into it.

3. Result

It's impossible to move a captain from one ship into another if the reserve is full.

4. Expected result

It should be possible to move captains that way.

5. Technical details

Don't think there's anything worth mentioning here, but it happened at around 11am.

• Cool 2

Players
356 posts
11,291 battles

In the 0.5.13 patch notes you globale stated (EU, NA and RU) that the New Olreans front gun citadel deck was "decreased from 83mm to 57mm" while it was in fact 57mm to begin with, so was that an error or can we expect to see the New Orleans get 83mm citadel decks ??

Also the 32mm belt armor extension by the front gun citadel is just pointless, should be atleast 50-75mm to make a difference.

And the rear citadel is still not level with the front cit. as it is higher up in the ship making it more exposed to hits.

Beta Tester
1,039 posts
7,436 battles

Okay, first of all I have a question... I don't have the feel that the devs look into this or the PTS bug threads because every single time I post a bug on the PTS it makes it in the game. Now I have to double post it constantly and I really feel pissed off because you get no feedback what so ever if the bug makes it on a lets call it "buglist" for the devs to look into it or if they are just useless. Give us the feeling that our reports matter! It is my time that is bleeding away while I write these posts and I want to help to make the game better!

So lets move on again:

Bug report template

1. Description

The target marker on the minimap doesn't get removed if a ship disappears. So you get multiple targetmarkers if you are unlucky!

2. Reproduction steps

Play a game and select an enemy ship, target marker on the minimap around this ship appear, let it get out of vision, targetmarker remains, select another spotted ship, another marker gets added.

3. Result

Multiple markers on the minimap confuse you.

4. Expected result

The marker should get removed from the ship if you loose sight.

5. Technical details

shot-16.10.20_09.46.31-0873.jpg

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,039 posts
7,436 battles

Bug report template

1. Description

The ribbons collide with the team panels

2. Reproduction steps

Play a game and collect a bunch of ribbons to fill the second line. They go over the team panel.

3. Result

You can't no longer read the first names on the panel.

4. Expected result

The panel should be readable at any time!

5. Technical details

Screen resolution 1920x1080 - 24" monitor

shot-16.08.09_15.41.01-0422.jpg

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,039 posts
7,436 battles

Bug report template

1. Description

The flag of Montana is colliding with the rangefinder

2. Reproduction steps

Go with Montana in a battle, get your guns to the right or left of the ship, watch the rangefinder turning and colliding with the flag

3. Result

It looks really dumb

4. Expected result

The flag should be hung higher so she don't collide with the rangefinders.

5. Technical details

shot-16.09.24_12.41.20-0417.jpg

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,403 posts

1. Nation ordering in carousel is reversed from past versions of the game. Now Britain is last and Germany first.

2. N/A

3. N/A

4. I wouldn't expect this to change on a whim; that's really unhelpful.

5. N/A

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
49 posts
2,730 battles

whenever I try to put camo on the leander rn cruiser the camo changes and applies on the Campbeltown destroyer...tried multiple times and lost 3 premium camos , all were applied on the campbeltown , its like the game is doing whatever it wants on its own...I cant put any kind of camo on the leander. I must add that this happens when the campbeltown is wquiped with its unique premium camo.

take note that I have bought cambeltown from the shop in case that has anything to do with the bug. I can put flags on the leander . Playing without the camo will limit my ability to earn xp and money and also the obvious disadvantage of having more detectability and its easier to hit my ship.

solved...after the first battle with the ship the problem disappeared...kind of weird.

Edited by Aethanos

Beta Tester
872 posts
4,368 battles

1. Description
when getting my Leander commander on the cambeltown, which is a premium ship, the skills remain orange at 50% of efficacity.

2. Reproduction steps

train a commander for credits to the Leander, put him back in the cambeltown

3. Result

well, it is bad for retraining, and the premium ship don't do what he should

4. Expected result

the comander skills should work at 100% whn in retraining on a premium ship

5. Technical details

NA

EDIT: back to normal after 1 match in the cambeltown

Edited by rafparis

[B_S_C]
[B_S_C]
Beta Tester
26 posts
9,188 battles

1. Description

After update start battle zoomed out checkbox doesn't appear to work.

Every battle in every ship starts zoomed in on the main battery gun group and to zoom out it must be done manually even if the checkbox in the settings is checked.

2. Reproduction steps.

It has done this in every battle in every game session (I have quit the game and returned to it later a couple of times) ever since the update.

3. Result.

Battles start with the camera view set to the main gun group.

4.Expected result.

With the box in settings checked the camera view should be at max zoom out at the start of the battle.

5.Technical details.

No errors, every setting is identical to previous game version the only change is the update.  Computer behaves the same, no other UI glitches or graphics errors. No crashes.

Edited by vereybowring

Players
2 posts
5,959 battles

Bug report template

1. Description
On the team screen prior to the battle starting it is no longer possible to compare ships

2. Reproduction steps

Start any battle, and during the start up phase where you can look at the mission and teams there is no compare or context menu, just the player name dipslayed

3. Result

You cannot see how well matched the teams are or who may be your greatest threat.

4. Expected result

I expect to be able to compare the stats for all ships on both my and the opposing team  prior to the "5 second" count out

5. Technical details

This has been in place since the last update

Ok - this is a usability issue.

You have to click/hover over the ship outline itself. not just select the player bar. It works as I need but its not that obvious.

Edited by andygadget

Players
178 posts

As I posted on other thread, Just played my first game after today's update where after I changed from guns to torps on Kamakazi R,  I end up with no guns indicators on screen, no player identification, only the green sectors for torps, this has been occurring off and on for 5 months or more, still hoping for a fix? .................... the game also crashed after the interface disappeared. 

Also this appeared

Overlay.jpg

Players
125 posts
98 battles

Okay, first of all I have a question... I don't have the feel that the devs look into this or the PTS bug threads because every single time I post a bug on the PTS it makes it in the game. Now I have to double post it constantly and I really feel pissed off because you get no feedback what so ever if the bug makes it on a lets call it "buglist" for the devs to look into it or if they are just useless. Give us the feeling that our reports matter! It is my time that is bleeding away while I write these posts and I want to help to make the game better!

So lets move on again:

Bug report template

1. Description

The target marker on the minimap doesn't get removed if a ship disappears. So you get multiple targetmarkers if you are unlucky!

2. Reproduction steps

Play a game and select an enemy ship, target marker on the minimap around this ship appear, let it get out of vision, targetmarker remains, select another spotted ship, another marker gets added.

3. Result

Multiple markers on the minimap confuse you.

4. Expected result

The marker should get removed from the ship if you loose sight.

5. Technical details

shot-16.10.20_09.46.31-0873.jpg

Hey BlackSkull, 

I put all the bugs y'all post here (and sometimes elsewhere, since some people post bugs in the general feedback thread) in the report, so devs should be at the very least aware of everything that's being posted. Fixing the bugs can't always be done within one (or even a few) updates, however.

[EYLIG]
WoWs Wiki Team, WoWs Wiki Team
1,791 posts
13,443 battles

Most of the time filters for the ship carrousel are not applied. The fact that "sort by type" uses the other direction now doesn't help finding ships additionally.

Beta Tester
1,039 posts
7,436 battles

Hey BlackSkull, 

I put all the bugs y'all post here (and sometimes elsewhere, since some people post bugs in the general feedback thread) in the report, so devs should be at the very least aware of everything that's being posted. Fixing the bugs can't always be done within one (or even a few) updates, however.

Thank you for your answer, that means a lot to me! 

So if I encounter a bug on the PTS and wrote it in the PTS bug section is it still needed to put up here as well if I encounter the bug again in the live server? 

Players
5 posts
5,315 battles

Hi,

It seems there is a bug with mogami repair cost. 

I have played 3 battles after the last update 5.13 and received the same repair cost regardless the damage of the ship.

1. Damage received during battle almost 8.000- repair cost 68.502 (servicer and ammo)

2. Damage received full (ship sunked)- again repair cost 68.502

3. Third battle - no damage at all, - once more repair cost 68.502

I dont know if someone else has notice this.

[EYLIG]
WoWs Wiki Team, WoWs Wiki Team
1,791 posts
13,443 battles

Hi,

It seems there is a bug with mogami repair cost. 

I have played 3 battles after the last update 5.13 and received the same repair cost regardless the damage of the ship.

1. Damage received during battle almost 8.000- repair cost 68.502 (servicer and ammo)

2. Damage received full (ship sunked)- again repair cost 68.502

3. Third battle - no damage at all, - once more repair cost 68.502

I dont know if someone else has notice this.

Fry-style: Not sure if obvious troll or honestly uninformed of patch 0.5.12. This is defenitely not a bug, it is - seriously - a feature now!
  • Cool 1

Players
1,071 posts
8,176 battles

1. Description
When i launch the client the game seem to be stuck in a loading loop or whatever. The port remains black, the loading indicator is shown, credits/doubloons/freeXP are shown as 0, because it does not load. This last for 2-3 minutes and then the game client shut down and a windows message appears, that this program is not responding and stopped working - close application. This happen about 50% of the time when i start wows, which happen to be 5-6 times a day.

2. Reproduction steps

Launch the game and wait for the port to load. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes the crash happen. I have no more details to reproduce this bug.

3. Result

Game is not playable, because after a dew minutes the game client is closed by windows with a 'application stopped working' message.

4. Expected result

Port loads, i can play the game

5. Technical details

Happens several times a day since the latest patch. I dunno what technical info you need here, when the client does not always load properly.

Alpha Tester
40 posts
2,896 battles

British Captains that are undergoing retraining to a different ship are not able to use their skills in a premium ship. This has not been the case with other nations.

Players
277 posts
11,510 battles

Bug report template

1. Description
Ship carousel 'specials' filter does not update after returning to port from a victory or after the daily bonus reset.

2. Reproduction steps

1. Filter ships using the 'suitable for the specials' criterion.

2. Select a ship which made it through the filter

3. Win a battle with it

3. Result

Despite the daily bonus being expended and the ship's tile in the carousel being updated, the ship is not excluded by the filter when you return to port. Likewise, if you are in port when the daily bonus reset occurs, the ship's position in the carousel is not updated.

4. Expected result

After the daily bonus is expended, the ship is excluded by the 'suitable for the specials' filter. After the daily bonus reset occurs, the ship is no longer excluded by the 'suitable for the specials' filter.

5. Technical details

Screenshot included. First encountered 2016-10-21T20:15

Edit: documented daily special reset occurence

RJYuTp9.png

[GROM-]
Players
236 posts
10,908 battles

After update ATAGO ruder is beeing disabled on almost every HE shoot with hits the ship.

Before 0.5.13 this never happened..

Players
5 posts
5,315 battles

Fry-style: Not sure if obvious troll or honestly uninformed of patch 0.5.12. This is defenitely not a bug, it is - seriously - a feature now!

Thanks for the replay. I just noticed that Amagi also has the same problem and exactly the same repair cost. so both my tier 8 vessels are loosing credits.

Any solutions becides stop playnig?

[FDUSH]
Players
1,118 posts
6,589 battles

British Captains that are undergoing retraining to a different ship are not able to use their skills in a premium ship. This has not been the case with other nations.

In my case that happens with my Japanese captain:

dn2eye.jpg

[TRRC]
Players
480 posts

Two crashes.

First one while playing at the beginning of the Battle (attached the backtrace), second one just hang the all computer while in the port.

In the first one I was able to re enter in battle after restarting Client, but my CA was dead...

backtrace.txt