Cynd3r

Interface Changes Feedback

13 comments in this topic

Players
125 posts
98 battles

Hello,

Please post all feedback regarding the interface changes here.

[MIRAI]
Players
591 posts
5,664 battles

while i do notice a smoother port experience(tnx for that, btw), i would have noticed that both the nations in the docks and the captains in other ships have been sorted in reverse. i'm not sure if this was intended or not, but i find this change quite annoying after getting used to the previous style. could we please get an option to change the sorting order for the ship carousel and captains from other ships? (as it is now, low tiers are on top, as opposed to high tiers)

edit: providing screenshot as example. I also noticed that russian ships do not have this problem, they are just as all the nations were before, starting with the higher tier ship(it can be seen in the screenshot. this is something that makes me think it was an unintentional change, as there is a lack of consistency across the nations.)

one other bug that was mentioned in the public test feedback is that when the reserve is full, one cannot select a captain from another ship (nothing happens when you click the captain). i noticed it has made it to the live server as well, so i am re-reporting it.

fr5mFmZ.jpg

Edited by _cosmo

[TRRC]
Players
480 posts

As I wrote during PT, the order of the ships in the Port is the opposite of before!

And it doesn't works correctly as the first ship on the left (hidden as soon as you get to Port) is a Carrier, but if I choose as i do By Type, the first one is not the Higher Tier carrier!! Same for the others, so the first BB is the lowest Tier...

So I don't find right that to get to the highest Tier and bigger ships I need to scroll left, instead of before that I did find them right opening the Port.

• Cool 1

[TRRC]
Players
480 posts

Another thing that doesn't work right for me, is the Comparison of the Ships before the battles as it shows the player name popoup instead of Ship's detailed graphics one when you move mouse over the Name of the Ship!

Please take it back to the old result!

N.B.

Indeed in the way it is now, it's also heavier for the interface interaction as it has to detect 3 areas of mouse over instead of classic 2 (name+icon's ships and player).

Amd is noticeable by the glitches and delay that now the Comparison have moving the poointer around.

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Quality Poster
1,666 posts
8,514 battles

I think I am experiencing a slow down in the loading of a battle.

Used to be it was over pretty quickly, almost always the first to get into battle, now it seems to take longer.

I don't understand why the carousel doesn't show the currently selected ship or ships by default.

I have RN and French ships selected, go into the tree, select HMS Warspite, end up looking at the greyed out ships much further into the carousel.

IMHO it should center on the selected ships, always.

If you've selected a ship outside of the filters, then it should, if possible, show both.

I really want the 'full tech tree' mod to be implemented in game ASAP.

I have a lot of ships and keep having to filter, click, do whatever, just to find a specific ship.

Several premiums, such as HMS Belfast, are NOT shown in the tech tree, so I have to hunt them down, especially when the carousel doesn't work as I proposed above..

[MIRAI]
Players
591 posts
5,664 battles

i would also like to add one suggestion: the ability to swap consumable places around. different ships, due to having different consumables, can sometimes use different shortcuts for the same consumable. for example, healing in an Atago requires a different key compared to healing in a battleship. This is only an example, there are others as well. This makes changing classes rather difficult, as after a while, certain reflexes form, and one needs to doublecheck, or finds himself using smoke when he wants to repair(for example). if this is too hard to make, perhaps allowing to bind keys to consumables would work as well? (regardless of consumable placement in slots, pressing X will always trigger smoke or do nothing if the ship doesn't have that ability)

[OFFS]
Players
125 posts
21,134 battles

Well, another rank battles session, and an of my issues that bugged me in the previous ones is back. 

I want to play ranked and I find myself in a random battle, because I did chose to play one random battle while my sunk T8 was not available - still in battle.

It is my bad that I am not paying attention and I rush on pushing the big bad red button after selecting the T8 ship I want to play.

But still with a minimal change it could be made avoidable.

It seems to me a better way would for the red battle button to open the vertical battle type option

Then the battle type button to launch the actual battle queue.

please refer, I value your opinion.

Edited by TataLup

Beta Tester
3,905 posts
13,831 battles

Not sure if this is the right forum part to mention it:

On some maps under certain lighting conditions the firing arc and targetting vector for torpedo launchers can be very hard to be seen.

This happens mostly on maps with sunny weather and sun reflexes on the water.

A possible solution could be to give the option to change the colours of the firing arc marker and vector from yellow / light green / grey to some colours with more contrast by pressing a key in battle.

[PK11]
Beta Tester
618 posts
9,995 battles

Well, another rank battles session, and an of my issues that bugged me in the previous ones is back. 

I want to play ranked and I find myself in a random battle, because I did chose to play one random battle while my sunk T8 was not available - still in battle.

It is my bad that I am not paying attention and I rush on pushing the big bad red button after selecting the T8 ship I want to play.

But still with a minimal change it could be made avoidable.

It seems to me a better way would for the red battle button to open the vertical battle type option

Then the battle type button to launch the actual battle queue.

please refer, I value your opinion.

Your suggestion would mean that all of us have to do 2 mouseclicks for each battle every time, just because you accidentally rushed your click.

Does not seem to be a great deal for the rest of us.

• Cool 1

[STEG]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
164 posts
5,121 battles

My wishlist for the port (coming from WOT and the garage filters there):

*) Hide ships that are not selected. To have them greyed up is just irritating. It takes up valuable desk space. And especially now in the garage as the greyed ships are shown, and not the selected ones. As it is now I have to scroll to the left.

*) Reserve, it should be possible to have ships that you are kind of finished with, but want to keep, although you do not play them a lot. Those reserve ships could be hidden from the port if you do not actively select reserve in the filter.

*) Make a filter for non-elited ships. Those are the ships that players are grinding, so obviously should be easy to select.

*) Make a option for the captain to automatically return to his ship. To transfer the captain from his ship to a premium ship nad then back is tiresome, and it would make things easier to have the captain come back automatically. At least when you have trained you captain in a premium and you want to grind you ship he should be the easy choice, the first on the list. Not having to select from ship, scroll down to find him on the premium ship.

• Cool 1

[FILO]
Beta Tester
333 posts
3,970 battles

I see that the ship carousel is now nationally alphabetical, why don't you change the tech tree order to match, and put the ARP ships in their own bit?

Players
277 posts
11,530 battles

Hovering over players on the scoreboard to show their name is useful (though I hope the scoreboard is redesigned soon to obviate this need), but this functionality should be added to the scoreboard on the results screen too.