Cynd3r

Loot Boxes Feedback

45 comments in this topic

Players
125 posts
98 battles

Hello,

Please post all feedback regarding the loot boxes here.

• Cool 1

Players
43 posts
2,865 battles

The container cost is wrong.

The containers cost 2'000, 12'500 and 37'000 exp, when they should actually be available at 2'000, 10'500 and 24'500.

http://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/update-0-5-13/#containers

It isn't. It just shows the total xp you have to get in order to get that certain box. 2000 for the first one, 12500 for the second and 37000 for the third one.
Edited by Intrepid95
  • Cool 1

Players
329 posts
10,273 battles

Interestingly I played on the US server yesterday and opened my 5 containers, today on the EU server I also opened my 5.................. they were identical.............either a fluke or possibly not a lot of variety?

Still nice gifts though!

[ATRA]
Beta Tester
397 posts
8,267 battles

So, there is a sailor polishing a torpedo....LOOOL good troll WG :trollface:

Edited by aquiles7389

Players
43 posts
2,865 battles

Interestingly I played on the US server yesterday and opened my 5 containers, today on the EU server I also opened my 5.................. they were identical.............either a fluke or possibly not a lot of variety?

Still nice gifts though!

The first 5 crates are the same for everyone.

Players
329 posts
10,273 battles

The first 5 crates are the same for everyone.

Thanks, didn't realize that.

[DUDES]
WoWs Wiki Team, WoWs Wiki Team
1,794 posts
15,255 battles

The containers cost 2'000, 12'500 and 37'000 exp, when they should actually be available at 2'000, 10'500 and 24'500.

Absolutely, I feel seriously p!ssed. They used the relative numbers of the gaps between the containers to make it look easier and less grindy. That is a real middle finger to the whole feedback in the public test section. Nice intuition there WG! The XP level for the third container still is one heck of a grind and feels more like rewarding botting all together.

Players
18 posts
2,019 battles

I don't know why, but it really bothers me that the containers use twistlocks, when these weren't invented until well after the end of WW2 :/

• Cool 1

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,591 posts

Having to wait for an animation and click open for each container in sequence is annoying.

I don't know why, but it really bothers me that the containers use twistlocks, when these weren't invented until well after the end of WW2 :/

COSHH symbols on the side of a barrel are also far too modern.
  • Cool 1

Players
154 posts
2,330 battles

hey WG EU

in my opinion you all should have been fired already

you cant even translate/copy paste a single sentence correctly

Each 24-hour period, you can collect up to three Containers using the XP you earn in battle. Under the current settings, the first Container can be collected for 2,000 XP, the second one for 10,500 more XP, and the third for 24,500 more XP. (You'll need 37,000 XP to earn three Containers.)
Edited by RAZ0RLIGHT

Beta Tester
10 posts
5,867 battles

Dear Lord, please learn to count before firing off!

2000 for your first container, a FURTHER 10,500 for your second container (10.5k + 2k = 12.5k) plus a FURTHER 24.5k for your third container (12.5k+24.5k =37k)

it's not rocket science people!

• Cool 3

[HDMS]
Players
44 posts

Well the exact text in "Introducing Update 0.5.13" says:

"Each 24-hour period, players can collect up to three containers using the XP they earned in battles.

Under the current settings, the first container can be collected for 2,000 XP, the second one for 10,500 XP, and the third for 24,500 XP"

I can only read is this way: for 2000 xp i get the first container, for 10500 xp (total) i get the second container and for 24.500 xp (total) i get the third container, and not 2000, 12500, 37000.

Weather it is one of wg usual scam or bad english, i dont know. !!!!!!!

[-AWF-]
Players
1,196 posts
6,604 battles

I really liked this concept, and I have to give you credit for that at least.

Now back to bashing you for the absurd RN cruisers.

Players
4 posts
4,360 battles

I have a question but i can't seem to find the answer, maybe some of you can help me out...I am wondering if the containers have different values? for example, if i take first container for credits (2000 xp), and get for example 50000 credits, do i get 150000 for the third one or still 50000? Question is, is the third container more valuable than the first 2? 

Players
34 posts
13,594 battles

Pretty much this, 37500 is waay too high for  most players. 24.5/25k would be better.
  • Cool 1

Supertester
330 posts
9,473 battles

So you get a guaranteed 2 containers having a choosable set of credits/consumables/signals with some extra 2 rolls of various stuff, and on top of that, a chance for an epic as well as... where each single container is more then a daily mission, and you complain you cant get the third container every day. Yeah, WG minimally doubles what a daily gave, and makes it much easier so you don't have to adapt to the mission, and people cry about it not getting as much as the ones that put in 12-5 rounds / day. Now, why wouldn't the people putting in a lot of time get a bit extra. Oh yeah, because the people not doing it, just want to be sped along, getting free stuff for little effort

Sing along... don't worry.... be happy...

• Cool 1

Supertester
330 posts
9,473 battles

Now for some legitimate concerns... I would like some info about how big of a difference in chance of getting an epic from a normal container vs the try your luck one is. Because that is the single most relevant piece of the puzzle missing right now.

• Cool 1

Players
55 posts
5,887 battles

I think the containers are a huge improvement over daily mission and a great addition to the game but 37K XP for the 3rd one seems unrealistically steep for a daily target.

I put enough hours into the game that I might reach the target once or twice a week but my initial thought is that I will be aiming for 2 containers a day and I expect many people will feel the same, I can't help but think people might play a few more games each day for that attainable 3rd container....... 

24k sounds reasonable :)

• Cool 2

Players
3 posts
7,526 battles

I really couldn't care less about the loot boxes (although thanks a bundle for arbitrarily wiping progress WHILE i was playing) but why get rid of Daily Missions? I liked Daily Missions, they were short, they were easy, and they had variety - this is just boring additional grinding

• Cool 2

Players
24 posts
1,647 battles

I love the boxes the only thing is I with it would reset the amount of XP requierd every day cos i got the 2k XP on and the 15K XP but didnt grind for the 30+k XP but 24 hours later I somehow already got the 2k XP one and grinding for the 15k XP but I dont remember getting it.

is that a bug or am I dumm

but all in all I like them alot more that missions (better stuff and a chance for a realy REALY cool item.

[DUDES]
WoWs Wiki Team, WoWs Wiki Team
1,794 posts
15,255 battles

Still I feel the 37k XP for the third box is extreme. I played 12 matches yesterday, that was about 3 hours of gaming with a regular account. I end up with 30k XP in the end and I didn't feel I only had bad matches that night (75% win rate, overall "very good" rating or even "unicum" in case of the BBs yesterday). And this was the value I totally expected since I played on the PTS for a usual gaming night.

In general I am not satisfied with the amount of Base-XP I earn for what I do in my matches. And by the way: I think the 0.5.12 economy awards passive play focused on pure survival too much, the goal to reduce this behaviour was not achieved by 0.5.12. Hence, from my point of view, I do not receive enough XP in the first place and don't think a third container is reliably accessible aka. really grindy.