Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
waxx25

Why no Aiming guides on WOWs official site?

9 comments in this topic

Players
1,011 posts
10,311 battles

I was checking out the warships official and didnt see any advice that in my opinion new players need most.....How to lead targets during turns. My biggest problem was learning how to shoot enemy ship that is turning towards you or away from you. I had to learn the hard way over thousands of games. If i wasnt so into this game to begin with I would have quit long ago because of this.

I know there are many youtube vids showing exactly this and I am grateful to those who posted them but why doesn't WG have this on their main website?

I still feel that this game would see a huge surge of playerbase if some of the intricacies of aimining at ships moving at different angles were covered in the main website for the game.

What is your guys opinions about this? 

Edited by waxx25
  • Cool 1

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,072 posts
9,827 battles

The system is dumped down by a fair bit and the overall shipcontrolls are pretty intiutiv. You have really problems hiting turning targets? Normally you have that down in the time you can leave coop at the old progression level and geting a feel for the lead in the few 100 games as part of the learning curve. Thats why you cant start in a BB but have fast firing ships to get the balistics early on. 

Anyone who dont get it by the time they reach T3 wont Profit from a instruction Video anyhow.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,402 posts
18,088 battles

What is your guys opinions about this? 

I wholly agree but like football for instance, you can show someone how to kick a ball but to do it accurately most of the time takes practice. Some may pick it up early, some late or as we witness some not at all! But, back to your suggestion it would be good to see an 'official' video regarding aiming, leading your aim etc, introduced by Dasha of course!

Players
1,011 posts
10,311 battles

I wholly agree but like football for instance, you can show someone how to kick a ball but to do it accurately most of the time takes practice. Some may pick it up early, some late or as we witness some not at all! But, back to your suggestion it would be good to see an 'official' video regarding aiming, leading your aim etc, introduced by Dasha of course!

agreed. Just the simple stuff like where to aim when a cruiser suddenly turns away from your bb at 15km or suddenly turns in. Those two took me for freaking ever to figure out. (once I did my win rate skyrocketed)

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

It's not 'turning' it's geometry and experience. I mean, it should be obvious to most people who done high school ( even if the perspective in game is a bit off... this is where experience comes around the corner ). 

While any and all guides would be good, I don't see how you could 'explain' that ships turning in need less lead and less elevation and ships turning out need less lead but more elevation? Also, due to the perspective, having the basic theory is not worth much without experience?

[TTTX]
Weekend Tester
451 posts
15,389 battles

A guide will be nice.

Also, training room is a must. WG implemented a lot of things from mods, except training room.

Players
744 posts
7,393 battles

A guide will be nice.

Also, training room is a must. WG implemented a lot of things from mods, except training room.

according to quemapueblos (NA WG) we might see a better training room 1st/2nd quarter (ish) of 2017. they have decided they want it in the game even though it eats server resources but want to bring a better offering than they currently have. they dont just want to roll out the current system as a finished article.

this would be the same sort of timeframe for a better replay system.

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester
570 posts
7,086 battles

I had some guides written in my Signature. Not sure if they are updated as of late. It's always great when someone writes comprehensive guides and posts them on the forums.

Noticed all my guides were basically obsolete. And also not on official site. But still! I loved the guides previously written.

Edited by Lepr0n

Sign in to follow this