You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DK63

How to report in game chat abuse?

19 comments in this topic

[SBS]
Players
51 posts
7,245 battles

I've just had a game where the opposing team players that were dead decided to start typing anti-semitic abuse. I took a screen shot, but no idea who to send it to? Can anyone advise please?

Thanks.

Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

with stuff as serious as that, I'd go to support - from all I've heard, they do in fact usually act on this kind of thing, as they damn well should.

Community Contributor, Beta Tester
412 posts
19,145 battles

They act fast on stuff like that. Ive sent in plenti of tickets like that with screenshot and I always get an answer on my ticket :)

[TOXIC]
Beta Tester
208 posts
[edited]
Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation.~RogDodgeUK
  • Cool 2

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,084 battles

even u report , max few days chat ban or ban nothing more

Which is as good as WG can do. If it was seriously over the top, I would go to the police and file a report there. Yes I know people can be laughing now...

if you can't deal with insults don't play online games

Insults sure, call me noob, failler, shitter or whatever, and I will laugh in your face ( well virtual face :trollface: ). But, yesterday I met the 'brightest' off this community again, division of two tier 9 CA's which instead of playing for team went on to damage farm from the back leaving my division with 2 BB's and a CA a bit to light to engage their DD's controling the center cap. So I asked them a few times to come help, but no, farming damage was more important. One of them got a witherer, think the Ibuki, and I told him again that he might have done 13xk damage ( which he claimed ) but that it was in the wrong position.. and he was starting to call me Jew and then [edited]( I don't know many Jewish black people ... but hey :coin: ). Then the concentration camps were brought up. And that I should die from cancer. 

And that just because they couldn't 'win' the normal discussion that even if he DID do quite some damage, he did it in the WRONG place. 

An insult is 'acceptable' to me, even while EULA would state otherwise, someone doing stupid stuff should be called out on it even if it's me. But anything discriminatory I report. And I am tempted to pick one of these idiots sometime and go file a police report just for the fun of hearing how the police in their home town had to make a visit and talk with his/her parents about certain laws. 

Because yes, 'this is the internet baby'... but no, even here there are laws in place ( depending on where the guy/girl lives ). And when these people suddenly get confronted with 'real life consequences', only then it might sink in with them that their behavior isn't really 'acceptable'. 

• Cool 2

Players
157 posts
6,722 battles

If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. This is Warships, do try to be a Gentleman rather than a thug.
  • Cool 2

Players
33 posts

Which is as good as WG can do. If it was seriously over the top, I would go to the police and file a report there. Yes I know people can be laughing now...

Insults sure, call me noob, failler, shitter or whatever, and I will laugh in your face ( well virtual face :trollface: ). But, yesterday I met the 'brightest' off this community again, division of two tier 9 CA's which instead of playing for team went on to damage farm from the back leaving my division with 2 BB's and a CA a bit to light to engage their DD's controling the center cap. So I asked them a few times to come help, but no, farming damage was more important. One of them got a witherer, think the Ibuki, and I told him again that he might have done 13xk damage ( which he claimed ) but that it was in the wrong position.. and he was starting to call me Jew and then [edited]( I don't know many Jewish black people ... but hey :coin: ). Then the concentration camps were brought up. And that I should die from cancer. 

And that just because they couldn't 'win' the normal discussion that even if he DID do quite some damage, he did it in the WRONG place. 

An insult is 'acceptable' to me, even while EULA would state otherwise, someone doing stupid stuff should be called out on it even if it's me. But anything discriminatory I report. And I am tempted to pick one of these idiots sometime and go file a police report just for the fun of hearing how the police in their home town had to make a visit and talk with his/her parents about certain laws. 

Because yes, 'this is the internet baby'... but no, even here there are laws in place ( depending on where the guy/girl lives ). And when these people suddenly get confronted with 'real life consequences', only then it might sink in with them that their behavior isn't really 'acceptable'. 

And if you can't deal with playing as a team don't play online games. The primary goal of a team-based pvp game is to win the match against enemy team, doing things that are the most useful possible for the team in any given moment.

It's not farm insane amount of credits and exp to yourself. If you can combine both of these, then fantastic. If you don't listen and communicate with a team-mate who states his/hers point in a polite and proper manner staying on the facts you might just as well go play a single-player game. I'd rather have a team player with average individual results (usually in this case damage dealt), than a player who just farms damage selfishly whole game disregarding the team. You can play tactically for the team and have high damage game.

You can have high damage game where your selfishness leads you either losing the game and/or your team-mates getting bad results (e.g credits and exp) because they have to either a) avoid fights and run most of the game b) take unnecessary high damage and/lose their ship early in the game c) something else of similar fashion. And the in the higher tiers dying + not getting enough damage = you will lose credits sometimes quite a bit. Yeah, it's nice to look the post-battle screen and all them credits, xp and medals you got, but not if the price is fu**ing your team.  

But then the special breed one of those keyboard warrior "tough guys" who just get their socks off on hiding cowardly behind anonymity to spew the most vile s**t on other people because well, you know there won't be any consequences anyway so why the hell not. And then they have the balls to call others noobs, thinking they are the teams superstars, even though their lack of teamwork and toxicity breaks the teams cohesion, morale and performance 

It also creates a culture of people in general not giving a s**t about any teamwork anymore. Because why bother when you just get fu**ed for nothing to the benefit of some no good person.  

Edited by manarchon
  • Cool 1

Players
1,221 posts
6,354 battles

Perhaps, if people who talked about concentration camps paid a visit to these camps, they wouldn't chat so lightly about it. The same about cancer if they had a relative who died of it.

I also doubt these tough guys are tough enough to say it to someone in person.

Yes, this is online gaming, but that's even more reason for me to stay civilized. It's a game, there are more important issues in life.

Beta Tester
483 posts
3,304 battles

Don't waste your time with support . You should go to the nearest police station or cyberpolice and tell them that some people  said bad things on the interwebs. They will find them by their ip number and there will be consequences. Internet serious biznus.

Actually if you have a few euros sitting around and ur bored you can go to a lawyer in germany or to the police and press charges against the person, if they turn out to be germans or persons living in germany this can end bad for them pretty quick as long as you are willing to spend some money and time. 

If you think you can stay hidden behind a proxy for long you are wrong , very very wrong. 

Edited by Ast3lan
  • Cool 1

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,606 posts
10,370 battles

I've just had a game where the opposing team players that were dead decided to start typing anti-semitic abuse. I took a screen shot, but no idea who to send it to? Can anyone advise please?

Thanks.

If it upsets you they have won. You can report them to try have them punished but at the end of the day is it really going to change they way they are inside? I don't think so. Much of who they are is a result of their upbringing I presume. The best way to win this is to completely ignore them as if they don't exist. I've said some nasty things to people (profanity only - never racism or wishing dreadful diseases on someone though) and I often apologise afterward (no excuse), but the best way people have fought back is to ignore me or simply be nice. When people bait you and you respond accordingly then you start getting upset even more.

Believe me, ignore them and they go away, they have to live with themselves, so let them.

[SBS]
Players
51 posts
7,245 battles

Some interesting responses. Some useful, some not so much. To clarify, the insults were not directed at any specific player, just generalised spamming of something they knew nothing about, because they thought they were funny. However, it's the 'I can say/do anything on the internet, and no one will do anything about it' that needs to be addressed. Yes, I am insulting at times, especially if I've died doing my job (I'm usually a DD) and then realise none of my team are even on my side of the map! I don't, however, racially, sexually, or gender specific, insult. People do it because they don't fear repercussions because we all say "it's a game, so what!"  If your house were broken into, would you say "never mind, I'll buy a new TV/DVD or games console"? So how is online abuse different? I'll send a ticket to WG, they'll either follow it up, or they wont.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,922 battles

Actually if you have a few euros sitting around and ur bored you can go to a lawyer in germany or to the police and press charges against the person, if they turn out to be germans or persons living in germany this can end bad for them pretty quick as long as you are willing to spend some money and time. 

If you think you can stay hidden behind a proxy for long you are wrong , very very wrong. 

Nearly impossible.

In case of cybercrimes (like cyberbullying and some such) you have to be able to conclusively prove that the person you're pointing at was the person on the PC doing these things. Even if you track their IP to a single computer, you'd have to eliminate the possibility that any other person (friend/family member for example) had been using the computer at that time. Only then can a proper lawsuit follow through.

And I'm not even sure if it's possible to get IP adresses of ingame players other than requesting that information from WG and since they afaik don't have a business location in Germany, they ought to have little legal obligation to provide such data let alone personal informations like say credit card or other payment detailsl that could help in pinpointing an adress and person to the account, though even that isn't conclusive evidence that it also was the person behind the PC at that time, the latter of which is personal information that WG actually is legally obliged to NOT give away unless a proper warrant has been issued and that won't happen since you obviously lack the necessary proof to get one ...

What WG however also is obliged to do is enforce their ToS (if only for their own interest) and act against the more serious of misbehaviour. So yes, do send a ticket to support, with screenshots (and preferably a replay) for them to check. Though don't expect much more than a temporary chatban for the culprit.

[TOXIC]
Beta Tester
208 posts

If your house were broken into, would you say "never mind, I'll buy a new TV/DVD or games console"? So how is online abuse different? 

You serious? I'm starting to think it's a bait or you're very special kind of person. Anyhow we're all proud of you and love you and wish you all the best things in life.  You [edited].

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,070 posts
1,148 battles

Thanks.

Please contact customer support >click here< submit a ticket explaining the situation and provide screenshots as evidence and they will be able to assist you further.

This thread will be closed before it gets anymore out of hand.