You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mario_NL

Why is matchmaking on destroyers so terrible?

18 comments in this topic

[OGHF]
Players
2 posts
2,027 battles

If you play a tier 5 destroyer and end up in a match with only 1 destroyer and 7 battleships?? That's just unplayable,

Players
6,008 posts
7,043 battles

Yes playing against 5 DDs is nothing pleasant.

Wait! WHAT?!! You're in DD and moan that you got so many yammy slow fat ships that can be torped by you?

The world is ending...

Ok. Checking your stats.

Ah. Ok.

Pls learn more how to play this game. It may looks simple but it is not.

Watch some vids, read a lot.

If you need help then don't be afraid to ask.

• Cool 1

Players
1 post
587 battles

It's not a matchmaking problem. BB have been a little overpopulated lately due to german BB tree release. Things may change this week with the release of UK cruiser line.

Not sure if we, DD will like it. As far as i'm concerned. i love overpopulated BB game :)

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

How about you try against other players instead of WG's bots?

And you should be happy that they're BBs and not nearly as fast as you cruisers.

Though German BBs usually have that nice tight couple shell bundle taking good chunk of your hp when they shoot at you.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,535 battles

If you play a tier 5 destroyer and end up in a match with only 1 destroyer and 7 battleships?? That's just unplayable,

So, only one ship that can effectively hunt you and seven XP pinatas ... this is bad? How?
  • Cool 1

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,414 posts
5,090 battles

1 DD vs 7 BBs and 4 CAs is virtually heaven.

Avoid the CAs and torp the BBs to oblivion.

Yummi.

Wish I had those games.

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,236 battles

Being the only DD in a side means there's only one on the other.   You might play an entire battle and not ever be detected.

Edited by Hedgehog1963

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,684 posts
9,234 battles

Well it really depends on what ship he's playing, and the map.

An Nicholas on Ocean with only 1 DD in the enemy team? Dreadful. 

A Minekaze on the same map with over half the team being BBs = the best DD game anyone has ever had had.

Players
0 posts
115 battles

Many bbs should be your heaven!

Like people mentioned before ,check a lot of guides on youtube and read the destroyer sub-forum about pretty much everything.

If you play ijn dds also try to watch games of US dds.You ll pick some great tricks.

If you are playing russian dds,well i cant help ya,i dropped the line at tier 5 cause i couldnt make it work :D

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,408 posts
14,616 battles

Wow. I wish I had a game like that. My latest session with Kamikaze R were all tier 7 games with 4-5 DDs per side, and the only tier 5 game I got was with 2 carriers and 4 DDs per side in one of those Mickey Mouse maps.

It was just impossible to play the ideal Kamikaze style. It took me like 6 games to make the daily mission that requires 15 torpedo hits, when usually with that ship 2 games would have been more than enough.

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

An Nicholas on Ocean with only 1 DD in the enemy team? Dreadful.

Think positively:

- Still the stealthiest ship around.

- Absolutely free visibility to 100% time see dangerous enemies without danger of getting surprised by them.

So just go to where enemy team is pushing, take position ahead of them pointing stern to them and start kiting/wiggling tail few hundred meters outside you detectability to launch torpedo salvos on their path.

When doing it properly launching torps for hits from target's 1-2 or 10-11 o'clock BB is going to take at least one hit from "interleaved" 6-torp launch when turning into them, two or more if going straight/evading to wrong way.

Four launchers gives excellent flexibility for that.

You can do such launch for two enemies, or fire 12 torps in short time if multiple enemies are in tight group.

Or fire six torps every half minute at one target, he might not expect more torps so soon.

If you are playing russian dds,well i cant help ya,i dropped the line at tier 5 cause i couldnt make it work :D

Not having lots of stealthy enemy DDs around makes it lot less demanding in planning ahead because of less danger of getting into knife fight.

And big ships can be hit from full range.

Possibly with AP for nice alpha damage if some 25mm plated BB shows more than little of its side.

Up to 3300 salvos eat New Mexicos/Colorado/Nagatos nicely.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,378 battles

1 destroyer and 7 battleships .. unplayable

1 destroyer and 7 battleships = unplayable ??? :amazed:  :facepalm:

imo this is DD heaven

and probably the best-case-scenario ever (for any ship) if the enemy has no DD at all

:edit:

after checking your profile, are we talking about a Co-Op or Random Battle?

(as you haven't played in Random Battles yet with T5 DDs)

I also want Co-Op Battles with 1 DD and 7 BBs :( I mostly get a sh!tload of DDs and CLs when playing Co-Op as DD

(iirc I once had a battle with 6 DDs and 2 CLs in Co-Op :P)

Edited by lup3s
  • Cool 2

[GOUF]
Beta Tester
247 posts
5,358 battles

Where should I sign for this?