Cynd3r

Event Calendar for October

85 comments in this topic

Players
125 posts
98 battles

Captains,

Up until now, monthly event calendars have been posted on the portal. However, due to the low (and dropping!) number of page views, it was decided to tentatively drop it. Unfortunately there was a lack of communication on this decision, hence why we did not inform you about this change and the event calendar page was not updated with the change either. We are belatedly fulfilling the first bit now. We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

For now, we will be posting the monthly event calendars right here in the forum. Posting the event calendars back on the portal may be reconsidered, but I want to stress that a firm decision on this has not been decided. Once we are given an update on the decision we'll let you know.

For now, without any further ado, here goes the rest of October:

• 12 October 07:00 CEST - 19 October 07:00 CEST: Boot Camp - Unleash the Kraken

• No need to introduce the Boot Camp series, right?

• 15 October 07:00 CEST - 18 October 07:00 CEST: Weekend Special:  German Fleet

• Similar to the American fleet special, this event will bring in daily doubles and some discounts and missions.

• 19 October 07:00 CEST - 26 October 07:00 CEST: Boot Camp - Best of its Class
  • 22 October 07:00 CEST - 25 October 07:00 CEST: Weekend Special:  Japanese Fleet

• After the Germans and Americans, this weekend it will be the Imperial Japanese Navy’s turn. If you advance through the tree, look no further!

• 26 October 07:00 CEST - 02 November 06:00 CET: Boot Camp: Hit the enemy Citadel!
  • 29 October 07:00 CEST - 01 November 06:00 CET: Weekend Special: Soviet Fleet

• The name says it all – the month-long series will close with the Soviet navy focus. It will go in the same direction as the other navy-focused specials – so get ready to stock up on the Red steel!

That’s it for October – Once again, sorry for the mixup, now let’s go and sink some ships!

Action Stations!

• Cool 10

Beta Tester
1,276 posts
7,934 battles

Just bought the Gneisenau yesterday and now you are telling me that this weekend I could have saved a shít ton of credits? If I only would have known about this event earlier. Some kind of announcement at the beginning of the month would be a great feature, maybe you at WG EU can work something out for the future.

Dropping views is ofc totally unrelated to the fact that you only manage to release the calender after 1/3 of the month is already over.

• Cool 16

Players
6,008 posts
7,043 battles

This doesn't make much sense.

"Low page view" means people lost interest in "great news" on the www. So you drop even more info and want to make a change in this?

Information is WG weak spot.

I know my vioce doesn't count but please think about it. Think about people that want to know what happen in this game.

And I believe you (WG) are aware that most people do not know what forum is and they just visit your www. This won't increase your playerbase.

Ehhh... I think something big and bad is going on in the background.

• Cool 9

[SCRUB]
Players
2,912 posts
7,800 battles

Id like to see more ARP missions. They are far better than this.

• Cool 5

[SCRUB]
Players
7,717 posts
9,928 battles

[...], due to the low (and dropping!) number of page views, it was decided to tentatively drop it. Unfortunately there was a lack of communication on this decision, hence why we did not inform you about this change and the event calendar page was not updated with the change either. [...]

Even if the changing format of the event calender publification wasn't communicated as intended, doesn't change the fact that the event calender itself was nowhere to be found. Not on the portal and not on the forum. Apologizing for not telling us where the calender is to be found means literally nothing when there was nothing to be found anywhere.

Calling it an unfortunate lack of communication is just droll in that regard. Someone whose task it was to publish the event calender failed to do his/her job and that needs to get rectified!

• Cool 6

[FATAL]
Beta Tester
571 posts
2,595 battles

Dropping views is ofc totally unrelated to the fact that you only manage to release the calender after 1/3 of the month is already over.

Reminds me of a true story from where I work.  The catering team stopped refilling one of the vending machines.  We repeatedly asked for it to be refilled but it never happened.  Eventually, they took the machine away.  When we asked why they took it away they replied "because no one is using it".  :facepalm:

• Cool 4

[AXIS]
Players
698 posts
10,147 battles

Up until now, monthly event calendars have been posted on the portal. However, due to the low (and dropping!) number of page views, it was decided to tentatively drop it. 

i´m sorry, but this may be the dumbest reason/excuse i´ve heard in a long time.

if it´s just a cop out because you forget or whatever, it´s just sad.

if that´s true then i really don´t know what even to say...

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,414 posts
7,856 battles

This is so stupid.

Of course noone was using it (number of clicks) because you friggin neglected it!

If you were more competent and actually update the eventcalender or give additional informations with it instead of just hard to interpret Eventnames THEN IT WOULD HAVE GOTTEN MORE FRIGGIN CLICKS.

Simple logic. Think about it. Most players that are interested in the game will also be interested in News on new events. So the calander bening that unpopular had to have another reason.

And to add salt to the injury: WHY IS EU THE ONLY SERVER WITHOUT AN ARP MISSION FOR OKTOBER?

Do you damn Jobs!

• Cool 3

Players
434 posts
7,743 battles

However, due to the low (and dropping!) number of page views, it was decided to tentatively drop it.

Now, if we were Japanese we would have politely bowed and let you get away with this "face saving" excersize....

.....but we are Europeans! :trollface:

Nice try!

Sincerely guys, you have to become more professional.

I do not mind if you are "different" but if you Chose to do so, you have to be better than the others (RU/US/ASIA).

Right now, you are not!

No Koenig Albert, No ARP missions, No Calenders.

Let me guess: The next step will be No EU Server???

• Cool 8

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,667 posts

Up until now, monthly event calendars have been posted on the portal. However, due to the low (and dropping!) number of page views, it was decided to tentatively drop it. Unfortunately there was a lack of communication on this decision, hence why we did not inform you about this change and the event calendar page was not updated with the change either. We are belatedly fulfilling the first bit now. We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Link it in the launcher and more people will take notice. Removing it, or moving it to an even less visited place, is the wrong approach.
  • Cool 6

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles

Now, if we were Japanese we would have politely bowed and let you get away with this "face saving" excersize....

If we were Japanese...

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania seppuku animated

• Cool 11

Supertester, Sailing Hamster
421 posts
9,468 battles

Just bought the Gneisenau yesterday and now you are telling me that this weekend I could have saved a shít ton of credits? If I only would have known about this event earlier. Some kind of announcement at the beginning of the month would be a great feature, maybe you at WG EU can work something out for the future.

im inn the same boat. just bought Gneisenau too. :(
  • Cool 1

[MIRAI]
Players
591 posts
6,248 battles

YES!

GIVE US MORE FREE STUFF

*stomps foot on the ground*

I think wanting to be treated fairly isn't such an outlandish thing now, is it? Or maybe you don't believe equal opportunity is something worth fighting for? 

[UNNF]
Beta Tester
15 posts
4,532 battles

what a lazy excuse !!!

Alpha Tester
103 posts
715 battles

12 days late and on forum...

It would be epic fail in any other company but in WG Eu its just normal.

And what we was waiting for? For poor generic special, but i guess they put much more effort in some article about premium ship or special package...

• Cool 1

Players
280 posts
8,205 battles

Thanks for nothing! Just bought the Gneisenau last night..............rebate? Unlikely! Total and utter incompetence just about sums it up. On my part , obviously:unsure:

Edited by Monalie
  • Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,432 posts
6,307 battles

Thanks for nothing! Just bought the Gneisenau last night..............rebate? Unlikely! Total and utter incompetence just about sums it up.

The information was posted yesterday morning and you bought it last night.  Who's incompetence are you talking about?
  • Cool 1

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,811 battles

Thanks for nothing! Just bought the Gneisenau last night..............rebate? Unlikely! Total and utter incompetence just about sums it up.

Play a few good battles and you have earned back what you think you have lost. :honoring:
  • Cool 1

Players
46 posts
7,693 battles

To be blunt , if WG don't have the will or the time to keep the EU server on par with others , just drop it and merge with Russia or Asia ; don't matter with who but at least we will have some mission to do in game and some support out the game.

As of now we have nothing in game beside some dull missions and no support from dev.

cheers

• Cool 3

[MIRAI]
Players
591 posts
6,248 battles

The information was posted yesterday morning and you bought it last night.  Who's incompetence are you talking about?

yeah, Monalie, you're supposed to check every topic in the forum in hopes of finding some information. please don't complain over your laziness!

anyway, don't mind me, i'd be playing, but i'm constantly refreshing this page to see if we get an announcement about further missions.

• Cool 2

Players
102 posts
419 battles

I don't think this sort of highly important information should be only put in the forums, as we all know not all players visit it. It should be placed on the Portal, irrespective of the number of views. An alternative would be to mass email all players with the monthly calendar.

• Cool 4