Planned Server Restart (Masters) Read more... ×
Ph3lan

Changes to 0.5.12 Public Test

93 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,569 battles

• The fee for the ship repair is now completely replaced by a fixed service charge. This means that the cost will not depend on how much damage a player has received. Moreover, we have reduced the cost of replenishing the ammunition (or air group) for a number of ships. The positive effect of the changes will increase with increasing tiers of the ships. This means that the players may try a more aggressive and risky playing style. The “to play with maximum efficiency at any cost, even being destroyed in battle” tactic will be an alternative to the “to play as carefully as possible so as not to come out of the battle with negative balance because of the repair costs” tactic. 

Very interesting. Could you provide complete list of new service fees? Or at least few examples of various classes?

For example, the change will reduce the spending of tier X ships by an average of 50 000 credits

This also needs some more clarification. 50000 from what state? Fully destroyed plus battle tax? This would not help much tbh.

We want to free the gameplay from the “not-gaming” question of “how much I will lose if dare to attack?”  

That i can only applaud, but as above, how it will influence the normal gaming? Because, for example, non premium player would sometimes manage to get positive income on higher tiers, even if only by playing extremely passive. If right now the income will ALWAYS be negative, this will only drastically reduce the number of players at those tiers.

Oh, and of course thanks for removing the dumb armor changes.

• Cool 4

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
921 posts
4,161 battles

Very interesting. Could you provide complete list of new service fees? Or at least few examples of various classes?

I second that, a complete list would be most welcome (either on patch day itself or earlier, both would work).

[HEROS]
Players
149 posts
26,486 battles

Captains,

Please, be informed that based on the interim results of the public test of the 0.5.12 Update, we revised a number of previously announced changes:

• All changes to the hull plating thickness, including the plating of battleships and destroyers, are cancelled. We analyzed statistics and feedback for this change and saw that it didn’t fully meet the objectives. Adjustments to the balance of the individual classes and tiers will continue to be necessary, but, thanks to the information obtained from the general test, we will be able to find a more accurate and effective solution and show it to you in one of the following versions;

• New modernization for the VIII-X tier cruisers “Steering Gear Modification 3” will remain, and will be added to the game. It brings more diversity to the high-level cruisers gameplay, while providing an alternative to the configuration with maximum stealth. This has a positive effect on the game as a whole. Beyond that, we have decided to give the same modernization to all VIII-X tier destroyers. For them, the choice between accelerated rudder shift and invisibility will be even more interesting. At the same time, we eliminate the illogical situation where the rudder shift speed for cruisers rudders may exceed the rudder shift speed for destroyers;

• Other balance changes and fixes are presently found to be effective, and they remain in force.

Economic changes announced in the development bulletin will be included in full. However, in addition, an experimental system for calculating the costs per battle was implemented. The biggest part of the costs is ship’s repairs. Its influence was growing more and more with the rise of the tier. As a result, at tier X, the economy forced the players to behave with maximum caution, which negatively affected the dynamics of the battle. After all, even with significant combat success, a complete destruction of the ship led to a huge repair bill that could completely neutralize the profits. We decided to change this situation and make the following changes: 

• The fee for the ship repair is now completely replaced by a fixed service charge. This means that the cost will not depend on how much damage a player has received. Moreover, we have reduced the cost of replenishing the ammunition (or air group) for a number of ships. The positive effect of the changes will increase with increasing tiers of the ships. This means that the players may try a more aggressive and risky playing style. The “to play with maximum efficiency at any cost, even being destroyed in battle” tactic will be an alternative to the “to play as carefully as possible so as not to come out of the battle with negative balance because of the repair costs” tactic. For example, the change will reduce the spending of tier X ships by an average of 50 000 credits and reduce the number of situations where you can go into negative with a premium account, having played effectively. We want to free the gameplay from the “not-gaming” question of “how much I will lose if dare to attack?”  

Nice to see that you do actually listen Wargaming.

Now, about the train wreck that is the Uda & even more so, the Khaba. If you are going to nerf range dont nerf firing rate. I'd also prefer to see a less dramatic range nerf so that fighting withdrawals are possible.

[ALEA]
Privateer, In AlfaTesters
74 posts
11,071 battles

I really don't believe you will leave Khaba in a state where the T10 has less range than the T9. Udaloi now feels more like an alternative with less raw firepower but more range. Udaloi is good enough, but Khaba is very clumsy and has poor detections which means it will be under fire all the time and will have little opportunity to escape. Steering gear mod 3 could drastically change its playstyle, but I don't think it would be a good shift from the Udaloi, which can still use stealth to its advantage.

Also, you reverted the buff to Skimakaze's guns?

0 posts

Why would you revert Shimakaze's reload and all changes to hull plating on battleships? Everyone looked forward to it and now you took it away? That's not logical dude.

Edit: DO you as a developer, really think it's fun to watch two high tier battleship players shoot HE (or AP at each other's superstructure for 2k-4k damage every ½ minute) when they're bow on while reversing? It's the most infuriating thing to see and serves no real purpose, you can't be serious.

Edited by Wavecave

Alpha Tester
68 posts
3,307 battles

Nice change to the repair costs which should hopefully eliminate the passive play at high tiers. Not sure what the point of the new 'Steering Gear Modification 3' is though, who the heck is going to pick that over concealment in a Cruiser or Destroyer?

Beta Tester
111 posts
3,820 battles

A bit sad about the reverted BB plating changes. I think a lot of the salt came from players considering it a BB nerf, when in reality it did not affect the balance between the classes, only the interplay between BBs. I liked it a lot since enforced players to use their own armor layout to their advantage, also made angling to get the rear guns firing viable since it's the optimal angle both for firepower and protection.

With 32mm plating, bow on is the prefarable angle vs all battleships, and its boring.

[PRM]
Players
1 post
7,880 battles

oh thank god for reverting the BB nerf , the reduction in repair cost alone should help with the passive " i dun wanna die and go out with minus credit" gameplay . so , thx for that . 

[AMOK]
Players
1,966 posts
8,828 battles

How do i have to understand the fixed service charge? In the future its not important if i received 5k or 50k damage? An example would be very welcome. Or could someone explain it to me? Maybe my head is a bit lazy today :amazed:

[ALONE]
Modder
2,375 posts
14,345 battles

Sounds great! :medal:

Tested it - PVE on PTS. Have met Tuccy. Oneshooted an Edinburgh. Paid 180.000 on Yamato. €: Same on other TX-ships.

shot-16.09.23_16.17.54-0548.jpg

Edited by Smeggo

Players
8,241 posts
12,173 battles

you do realise that making the bow more vulnerable is more likely to increase passive play, rather than solving it?

That's entirely up for debate. As weaker bows will mean the BB campers will be more encouraged to move.

Whilst I was warming to the idea of weaker bows for higher tier BB I think keeping it the same is preferred. Was probably a buff to German BB and maybe the Amagi. Because the Germans have good all around armour and the Amagi never had much anyway and could pen other BB at more angles.

Bow in camping should be fought via DD and CV if you ask me. 

Players
366 posts
10,913 battles

This economy change has the potential to be the best single change for high-tier gameplay since going live; be very interesting to see how it pans out.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,046 posts
8,508 battles

A bit sad about the reverted BB plating changes. I think a lot of the salt came from players considering it a BB nerf, when in reality it did not affect the balance between the classes, only the interplay between BBs. I liked it a lot since enforced players to use their own armor layout to their advantage, also made angling to get the rear guns firing viable since it's the optimal angle both for firepower and protection.

With 32mm plating, bow on is the prefarable angle vs all battleships, and its boring.

Are you kidding me? GroKü was the only one not be able to get penetrated from the front but can pen everything else! This ship was so broken before the patch today! Bismarck was way to week, every BB could pen her through the bow but she can't. Its good that they stepped back from this change because the balance was just thrown other board!

I have to say nice changes indeed! And don't cry to much over the reload nerf of the RU DDs, its just 0.3 seconds. And the nerf was needed at least for Khaba.

Adding the steering mod to destroyers as well was a good idea, because cruisers with a general better rudder shift than destroyers? Makes an interesting buff to Khaba now, just trying it out. Why don't you add a lets say 15% stealth ability to the stealth mod for cruisers only? And increase the penalty for shooting guns on the other hand, so we can better sneak in and go destroyer hunting. I still think the rudder shift mod doesn't solve the problem of large turning circles making cruisers very sluggish. But I'm looking forward! It's really nice to see that you are listening to feedback as well as involving us in making the game better!

Keep it on!

Beta Tester
282 posts
1,216 battles

Captains,

Please, be informed that based on the interim results of the public test of the 0.5.12 Update, we revised a number of previously announced changes:

• All changes to the hull plating thickness, including the plating of battleships and destroyers, are cancelled. We analyzed statistics and feedback for this change and saw that it didn’t fully meet the objectives. Adjustments to the balance of the individual classes and tiers will continue to be necessary, but, thanks to the information obtained from the general test, we will be able to find a more accurate and effective solution and show it to you in one of the following versions;

• The fee for the ship repair is now completely replaced by a fixed service charge. This means that the cost will not depend on how much damage a player has received. Moreover, we have reduced the cost of replenishing the ammunition (or air group) for a number of ships. The positive effect of the changes will increase with increasing tiers of the ships. This means that the players may try a more aggressive and risky playing style. The “to play with maximum efficiency at any cost, even being destroyed in battle” tactic will be an alternative to the “to play as carefully as possible so as not to come out of the battle with negative balance because of the repair costs” tactic. For example, the change will reduce the spending of tier X ships by an average of 50 000 credits and reduce the number of situations where you can go into negative with a premium account, having played effectively. We want to free the gameplay from the “not-gaming” question of “how much I will lose if dare to attack?”  

7uFdGdA.jpg

NOW, That is the Perfect solution!

the Brawling me is very happy!!!

• Cool 1

Players
9 posts

I have to say nice changes indeed! And don't cry to much over the reload nerf of the RU DDs, its just 0.3 seconds. And the nerf was needed at least for Khaba.

Misconception say it was just 0.3s! And 2.1km within the range ???

There could be 1km less in scope and 1km less in hiding ship

Edited by Ageujcs

Beta Tester
1,046 posts
8,508 battles

Misconception say it was just 0.3s! And 2.1km within the range ???

There could be 1km less in scope and 1km less in hiding ship

This speaks for it self:

shot-16.09.23_17.09.06-0079.jpg

And before you say "I bet you got ignored" no, got over 1.2kk potential dmg. So Khaba is still a good ship if you know how to play her!

Beta Tester
9 posts
10,057 battles

I really don't believe you will leave Khaba in a state where the T10 has less range than the T9. Udaloi now feels more like an alternative with less raw firepower but more range. Udaloi is good enough, but Khaba is very clumsy and has poor detections which means it will be under fire all the time and will have little opportunity to escape. Steering gear mod 3 could drastically change its playstyle, but I don't think it would be a good shift from the Udaloi, which can still use stealth to its advantage.

From what little I played, I fully agree with this - the Khaba might have more firepower and hit points, but everything else feels more limiting to a DD/gunboat playstyle than on the Udaloi.

Gun-wise, I can manage both ships in duels against US DDs, without being an exceptional DD player. That nerf doesn't bother me.

Edited by Fat_Rat_csb

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,569 battles

Some examples of fixed costs. Checked for BB's, cruiser are the same it seems:

Tier X - 180k

Tier IX - 120k

Tier VIII - 85k

Tier VII - 45k

Plus ammo, which is a bit cheaper on cruisers.

Idk if premium ship will be cheaper, but i hope so.

Overall, it looks quite good. Would need some tweaks perhaps and that IX-X fee is a little bit too much, but it looks good. If that will make to the live server i could really and truly say WG stopped being [edited]about the economy and finally fixed a good portion of it.

[ALONE]
Modder
2,375 posts
14,345 battles

Yes, thats really great. No more "if I attack now I will loose more than I can gain" 

Beta Tester
872 posts
4,381 battles

OH... MY... GOD.....

best news ever for the economy change!!!!!!!

now people won't have any excuse to scrap their paint, and tier X battles should be brutal!!!!!

YAY!!!!!

giphy.gif