MrConway

The World of Warships Modpack!

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

200 posts in this topic

Too bad such simple things as "the compass" showing target bearing, changing Manga skins to "normal" or ship names on the minimap/on screen can't make it into "standard" GUI.

Few separate guys can do it, and a billion dollar software company can't. :facepalm:

Plus, making everything incompatible after each (even minor) version change is (gently speaking) bad programming practice.

WG / Lesta is developing modAPI which should fix the update issue. Smoke counter and damage meter mods which both use modAPI did not need updating for instance due to this.

But for UI mods, this isn't possible yet since they are not supported by WG ( flash files need xml edits which is actually the biggest ' patches '  after an update, even if the base flash file isn't changed ). 

Does this Modpack work with 6.0.1?

Use this thread -> http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/58026-mod0601-wg-modpack-full-version-v60/ as it has up to date links. Even links to RU installer when WG hasn't finished EN translation of the installer :great:

1 person likes this

The modpack has now been updated for version 0.6.1.1.

The modpack has now been updated for version 0.6.1.1.

Well... seems like the description from my counter and that one from W03L0BED. got mixed up a bit...

I tried Aslain mod yesterday and it crashed 4 times and I lost 4 ranked games because of it.... is this mod more stable?

I tried Aslain mod yesterday and it crashed 4 times and I lost 4 ranked games because of it.... is this mod more stable?

Aslain's is usually perfectly stable as well... also, good job trying that out in Ranked of all things four times in a row:trollface:

if it crashes just use the 'safe launch' option to get back into the game asap. 

And, well I had two crashes in the last week, both while loading a battle. But then I also had isp issues so I can't be 100% sure of the cause. And yes, Aslain usually does a good job of removing problematic mods until they are fixed. It might help him if you posted your installed mods in his topic together with the log file. 

Also...

also, good job trying that out in Ranked of all things four times in a row:trollface:

^^^^ :trollface:

The modpack has now been updated for 0.6.2.

Do you mean 0.6.2.1 or is this mod pack already out of date?

Link in first post leads to 6.2.1 modpack :)

The modpack has been updated for 0.6.3.

Advanced chat option cannot be turned off, and kills my chat option and tab option once I'm in a battle, escape button also does not give me a menu. After the battle finishes I do not get the result screen and am unable to leave that screen unless I kill wows through the task manager. Anyone else suffering from this?

I thought advanced chat was discontinued? Aslain isn't including it anymore at least ( advanced chat -> ship names in chat right? ).

I actually downloaded Aislan's mod to get the ones I wanted from the WG modpack (as the express mod seems to be gone from the russian forum), and his indeed does not contain the advanced chat, but the WG modpack has the advanced chat as greyed out but selected, so I can't even unselect it :(

I am using WG Multipack since recently, it's linked in Daki's thread not this one :) Heard about the issue with not being able to unselect mods, but that was 'fixed' with doing a new install or something, can't remember 100% atm. 

But, I think that the settings / preferences are stored in a file called WoWsMod.dat or WoWsModMini.dat. Delete those ( make a backup ) and run the installer again and you should have no preselected mods.  edit: these files are placed in your WoWs root folder.

Edited by mtm78

1 person likes this

Advanced chat option cannot be turned off, and kills my chat option and tab option once I'm in a battle, escape button also does not give me a menu. After the battle finishes I do not get the result screen and am unable to leave that screen unless I kill wows through the task manager. Anyone else suffering from this?

EXACTLY! same here! 

I am using WG Multipack since recently, it's linked in Daki's thread not this one :) Heard about the issue with not being able to unselect mods, but that was 'fixed' with doing a new install or something, can't remember 100% atm. 

But, I think that the settings / preferences are stored in a file called WoWsMod.dat or WoWsModMini.dat. Delete those ( make a backup ) and run the installer again and you should have no preselected mods.  edit: these files are placed in your WoWs root folder.

Going to try that tomorrow evening. Aislan's worked for what I wanted for now.

Gentlemen,

We have just updated the modpack for 0.6.3.1, hopefully this fixes the issues you reported for the previous version.

There is also now a unified installer available (in beta) that allows you to install the modpack for any region: https://share.wargaming.net/f/d68b66e885/?raw=1

1 person likes this

Can confirm, problem with the advanced chat is fixed, it's now unselected.

All the mods I want to use work nicely, and it's good to have Dasha's voice back :).

Hey guys!

We have just updated the modpack with the latest 0.6.4.0 version. I've edited the original post but you can also find it here

1 person likes this

Hey guys!

We have just updated the modpack with the latest 0.6.4.0 version. I've edited the original post but you can also find it here

thx 4 it

... One Note: The Download File in the first thread isn't for the new Version 0.6.4, it's the old Version.

I like the modpack you provide but really what is the point of it?

As as soon as it's updated it's pretty much made redundant by a new client release and then doesn't get updated for at least two more releases and the cycle goes on. This leaves us with only the modders who whilst good do have problems, for example the current Aslain pack seems to disable the hydro, radar and armament ranges on the mini-map.

Will you ever be dedicating someone to keep it up to date with the new client releases? As Aslain and others seem to manage it and they can't have a fraction of your resources.

1 person likes this