You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_FTD_

Odem Mortis Community Cup - Discussions

385 comments in this topic

Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

Damn, I have only 60 seconds to send them in. Ah, damn. I failed. Sending now, if that still counts.

Cheers,

~t3h'Pâr4d0x

Disqualified! 

Kidding :hiding:

[WGP2W]
Players
987 posts
10,091 battles

Sadly, it looks like my keyboard got jammed and the Trident screenshot wasn't taken, but no doubt about us losing that one. So, I guess: WGP2W 2 - 1 ASEET.

Concerning the match date vs. OM, tomorrow, we should be wiser, but for now, it looks like Tuesday is probably pretty darn impossible. But should be able to specify that tomorrow evening.

Cheers,

~t3h'Pâr4d0x

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

Concerning the match date vs. OM, tomorrow, we should be wiser, but for now, it looks like Tuesday is probably pretty darn impossible.

gooooood! We're playing on Tuesday ourselves, so I can watch you again. I expect at least as much entertainment from those matches as those today gave, just so you know!!! :izmena:
  • Cool 1

[PNAVY]
Players
42 posts
12,529 battles

i would like to point towards the possibility of teams using DDos attacks in the Cup. it is my suspicion that while i was playing my game in the event yesterday. As soon as my game started my Team Speak starting shattering and my ping went all the way up into the 1000s and 2000s which was unusual because before that i was fine the whole time with no issues on TS and iv never seen it lag in the 1000s . after that as soon as i was infront of the enemy team i dc. and sadly got killed with out scoring. they probably got our IP addresses through TS, since we were playing on their TS, ours probably had some limit to the number of players. Although our team still won that match, This has to be considered to prevent hackers from ruining the cup. again its my suspicion that this happened. 

Players
299 posts
19,093 battles

A BIG SHOUTOUT TO WGP2W FOR ALLOWING THE REMATCH WITHOUT ANY DRAMA!

My comments to this:

There was an obvious bug - for those who dont know, spectators planes(from our spectator) went towards the enemy team, and enemy CV obviously strafed them thinking the planes are mine, after that the surviving planes provided vision in the middle of the map. So there was no question about doing a rematch. However I think it should have been done differently. The match in question should have been stoped by the referees at that moment without going through with it. Because 2 things happened:

1) Enemy saw our tactic - this was our map, that we chose and trained for this week and in the rematch enemy knew what we will do. We lost the element of surprise.

2) You basically gave the enemy a free try on that game. You asked them after the game if they want a rematch...so if they would winn they can say its ok, if they lose they ask a rematch.

Really, for the next time I suggest the decision about rematch to be done immidiately. Either by referees or by a quick question to the team captain (do you want rematch? - yes/no). In this particular case I see it as we saved the organisers [edited]by winning the second time and all sides can be happy.

Another suggestion: Maybe the spectator should launch only the torpedo bomber squadron(s), torp himself, land the squadron back on the CV and wait for the flooding to finish him. No need to launch all of them.

Anyway, lets be glad it ended this way and that nobody had any hard feelings. My respect to the ASEET for such great games.

WGP2W vs ASEET 3:1 :trollface:

• Cool 2

[ASEET]
Alpha Tester
68 posts
7,175 battles

I guess the problem was that referees were watching the stream that had 15 minutes delay so they couldn't react immediately. But yes, otherwise I agree with your points and I am happy that the rematch didn't change the result for that map, you deserved your win there (twice). They were intense games and I am still unbelievably sore on how the first game (despite our mistake not pushing B early enough) slipped through our hands (New Orleans getting sunk by single salvo, DD taking surprise torp with really bad luck, match ending 4 secs before our torps hit that NC). If someone is left cold after watching those games (especially games 1 and 3), I don't understand what would it take for them to see the potential of this game as esports.

GGWP, I enjoyed our matches, thanks for those!

• Cool 7

Beta Tester
110 posts
6,111 battles

My comments to this:

There was an obvious bug - for those who dont know, spectators planes(from our spectator) went towards the enemy team, and enemy CV obviously strafed them thinking the planes are mine, after that the surviving planes provided vision in the middle of the map. So there was no question about doing a rematch. However I think it should have been done differently. The match in question should have been stoped by the referees at that moment without going through with it. Because 2 things happened:

1) Enemy saw our tactic - this was our map, that we chose and trained for this week and in the rematch enemy knew what we will do. We lost the element of surprise.

2) You basically gave the enemy a free try on that game. You asked them after the game if they want a rematch...so if they would winn they can say its ok, if they lose they ask a rematch.

Really, for the next time I suggest the decision about rematch to be done immidiately. Either by referees or by a quick question to the team captain (do you want rematch? - yes/no). In this particular case I see it as we saved the organisers [edited]by winning the second time and all sides can be happy.

Another suggestion: Maybe the spectator should launch only the torpedo bomber squadron(s), torp himself, land the squadron back on the CV and wait for the flooding to finish him. No need to launch all of them.

Anyway, lets be glad it ended this way and that nobody had any hard feelings. My respect to the ASEET for such great games.

okay to answer your post

1) while yes the ideal scenario would have been to immediately call the game but as kantii mentioned all referees were watching on 15 minutes delay as soon as we realised we immediately started sorting the rematch out which if you also watched the stream added a lot of drama to chat and hype and respect for both sides. we will have a think on how to solve issues like this more quickly. 

2) as for only torp bomber squadrons while it is possible the is never a full guarantee of flooding (see UFRvsKLM match 2) 

Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

I guess the problem was that referees were watching the stream that had 15 minutes delay so they couldn't react immediately. But yes, otherwise I agree with your points and I am happy that the rematch didn't change the result for that map, you deserved your win there (twice). They were intense games and I am still unbelievably sore on how the first game (despite our mistake not pushing B early enough) slipped through our hands (New Orleans getting sunk by single salvo, DD taking surprise torp with really bad luck, match ending 4 secs before our torps hit that NC). If someone is left cold after watching those games (especially games 1 and 3), I don't understand what would it take for them to see the potential of this game as esports.

GGWP, I enjoyed our matches, thanks for those!

Yes the 15 minute delay made it impossible, I tried to reach out asap.

My comments to this:

Yes, if it wasn't for the delay and thus us seeing it late, we would have contacted you that very moment but unfortunately we didn't. Now we are smarter though, streamer will get a briefing that in case such a situation happens again they straight up contact an organizer whether it has to be replayed or not. We literally had no chance whatsoever to react there and then because for me this is the very first time seeing this Bug urgh. :read_fish: Still big shoutout for you guys for saving us drama because if there is one thing that we have enough of then it's drama! :child:

Your suggestion was our initial thought as well but apparently the damage is lackluster or something else happened because the streamed decided to go with this method for a reason I suppose.

i would like to point towards the possibility of teams using DDos attacks in the Cup. it is my suspicion that while i was playing my game in the event yesterday. As soon as my game started my Team Speak starting shattering and my ping went all the way up into the 1000s and 2000s which was unusual because before that i was fine the whole time with no issues on TS and iv never seen it lag in the 1000s . after that as soon as i was infront of the enemy team i dc. and sadly got killed with out scoring. they probably got our IP addresses through TS, since we were playing on their TS, ours probably had some limit to the number of players. Although our team still won that match, This has to be considered to prevent hackers from ruining the cup. again its my suspicion that this happened. 

We can offer you the Odem Mortis TeamSpeak which is now safe from DDoS attacks :great:

Edited by _FTD_

Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

Matchday 1 is over and we've had upsetting no shows as well as breath taking performances from teams! Overall we are happy with how it turned out and expect it to be smoother in the upcoming weeks :)

Group A

• Odem Mortis (OM) vs Portugal Sailors (PorS) | 15.09.2016 - 08:30pm CEST | Veto'd: Atlantic, PorS information missing Result: 3:0 default loss
  • Aseveljet (ASEET) vs Wargaming Pay 2 Win (WGP2W) | 15.09.2016 - 08:30pm CEST | Veto'd: Atlantic, Loop Result: 1:2
  • Unité Francophone (UFR) vs Kaiserliche Marine (KLM) | 13.09.2016 - 08:30pm CEST | Veto'd: Islands of Ice, Loop | Result: 1:2

Group B

• Tora Tora Tora (TTT) vs Portugal (Por) | 13.09.2016 - 08:30pm CEST | Veto'd: Tears of the Desert, Trap | Result: 3:0 default loss
  • Kraken (KRAKN) vs Guys Who Dated Your Sister (GWDYS) | 13.09.2016 - 08:30pm CEST | Veto'd: Islands of Ice, KRAKN veto will be edit in | Result: 0:3
  • The Art of Warfare (TAW) vs Kaper Kommando (KKTM) | 14.09.2016 - 08:30pm CEST | Veto'd: Islands of Ice, Tears of the Desert Result: 0:3

Group C

• Odem Mortis International (OMNI) vs Nord Atlantik Blitz (NaB) | 14.09.2016 - 08:30pm CEST | Veto'd: Islands of Ice, Tears of the Desert | Result: 3:0
  • Flying Ducks (FLYD) vs Alliance (ALN) | 15.09.2016 - 08:30pm CEST | Veto'd: Trap, Loop Result: 1:2
  • Suicide Squad (SSquad) vs Wargames Germany (WARGG) | 15.09.2016 - 08:00pm CEST | Veto'd: Atlantic, Atlantic Result: 1:2

Group D

• Night Raid (NiRa) vs Duffy Ducks (DD) | 15.09.2016 - 08:00pm CEST | Veto'd: Atlantic, Islands of Ice 3:0
  • Bloodcats (Bcats) vs Clan eXtreme Fun DK (CFXDK) | 15.09.2016 - 08:30pm CEST | Veto'd: Islands of Ice, Atlantic Result: 2:1
  • Kaper Kommando International (KKtmInt) vs Placeholder | -  | Veto'd: - | Result: -

Team's that didn't show up in time and therefor caused a default loss won't be featured on stream for the next week, this way we avoid having the dilemma being it a no show on stream! Sorry for the teams in these specific series. We will stick to this until the teams have shown up for a series and played them without major hiccups!

Teams that didn't have the chance to play in stream this week will be featured on Matchday 2! :)

Original Post has been updated and Matchday 2 is included!

OMC Cup Week 2 games

• Tuesday 20th Sep - Thursday 22nd Sep
  • 3rd Map is Islands of Ice

The entire tournament layout can be found here

Underlined teams are hosting 3rd map. 

Group A

• Wargaming Pay 2 Win (WGP2W) vs Odem Mortis Germany (OM)
  • Kaiserliche Marine (KLM) vs Portugal Sailors (PorS) 
  • Unité Francophone (UFR) vs Aseveljet (ASEET)

Group B

• Guys Who Dated Your Sister (GWDYS) vs Tora Tora Tora (TTT)
  • Kaper Kommando International (KKTMInt) vs  vs Portugal (Por)
  • Kraken (KRAKN) vs The Art of Warfare (TAW)

Group C

• Alliance (ALN) vs Odem Mortis International (OMNI)
  • Wargames Germany (WARGG) vs Nord Atlantik Blitz (NaB)
  • Suicide Squad (SSquad) vs Flying Ducks (FLYD)

Group D

• Duffy Ducks (DD) vs Kaper Kommando International (KKtmInt)
  • Bloodcats (Bcats) vs Night Raid (NiRa) Clan eXtreme Fun DK (CFXDK)
  • Clan eXtreme Fun DK (CFXDK) vs Placeholder 

The Odem Mortis Community wishes luck to all participants!

OMC Organizers

Edited by _FTD_

[MOWA]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
148 posts
7,533 battles

We didn't cheated and we are not guilty, there was a misunderstanding and we didn't know that as the information was not relayed properly so we said you can see our load out for that game and the next game and still its is logical that they took the free win because they know they cant beat us the hard way and we gave them the next game as a gift in protest atleast they need to man up for that. 

Thats all I wanna say and about discouragement event like that do discourage us and we are humans after all.

The game stream was hosted by Socks you guys can view how we played against WARGG and won first game and the difference is there ppl just need to man up for that.

Thanks 4 clear words.

No one said, that u did something in order to cheat or anything like that. Ur team did a clear mistake by entering the room before we gave it clear and BEFORE u filled up the form. It had been a clear break of a clear rule. We asked the officials what to do and we had 2 options. Cause of ur CV entering the room different times and leaving we decidet to take the win. It was ur decission to give up and stop the fight. We just wanted to go on fighting the last map. We will never see, who had been the better team. Sure, the first match was a clear loss for us, but who will know, how it had to go on?

Sry for that and good luck!

• Cool 2

Players
299 posts
19,093 battles

okay to answer your post

1) while yes the ideal scenario would have been to immediately call the game but as kantii mentioned all referees were watching on 15 minutes delay as soon as we realised we immediately started sorting the rematch out which if you also watched the stream added a lot of drama to chat and hype and respect for both sides. we will have a think on how to solve issues like this more quickly. 

2) as for only torp bomber squadrons while it is possible the is never a full guarantee of flooding (see UFRvsKLM match 2) 

Ok, it did not occur to me that referees are not watching the actual game but the delayed stream. In a way it sounds really silly...Nevertheless, I am glad to hear you will figure out some solution for these situations. My suggestions were just random thoughts, no doubt you come up with something better.

Edited by Kamikazesushi

Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

To be honest, we've seen that yesterday :)

No reason to let this become a flame war, in the end they did stick to the rules and can't be blamed for it.

View PostKamikazesushi, on 16 September 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

Ok, it did not occur to me that referees are not watching the actual game but the delayed stream. In a way it sounds really silly...Nevertheless, I am glad to hear you will figure out some solution for these situations. My suggestions were just random thoughts, no doubt you come up with something better.

The streamer are in seperate TS channel to not be disturbed, I was watching it on stream myself and reacted immediately. It won't happen again though as the streamer get a briefing what to do in these kind of situations.

Edited by _FTD_

Players
105 posts
17,140 battles

Thanks 4 clear words.

No one said, that u did something in order to cheat or anything like that. Ur team did a clear mistake by entering the room before we gave it clear and BEFORE u filled up the form. It had been a clear break of a clear rule. We asked the officials what to do and we had 2 options. Cause of ur CV entering the room different times and leaving we decidet to take the win. It was ur decission to give up and stop the fight. We just wanted to go on fighting the last map. We will never see, who had been the better team. Sure, the first match was a clear loss for us, but who will know, how it had to go on?

ok listen firstly there was a clear misunderstanding from your side too. Purelimit(ur leader) entered our channel and said the team has created the training room in open channel(to all our crew not just me only as he should convey that to me only) and after 4mins  he pokes me that its ready.During that time one of my guys unintentionaly joins the training room(he thinks enemy leader has said to join training room) and leaves and joins again and then leaves again then Purelimit pokes and asks that either u have submitted the form I said am filling it then your cover story starts.. The thing was the our guys had no idea whats going on as Purelimit(ur leader said at loud to all of us that the training room is ready(instead of just saying it to me only) so it caused confusion in our ranks and we still agreed that we breached the rules as there was a mere confusion we offered compensation as we play same setup for that game and next game and you guys choose whatever you like but the rules don't dictate that so in protest we gave you a free win and that's the only thing and it proves that it was a mere understanding the penalty was harsh it was our first game and we didn't know that and you also know that and you agreed we didn't cheated but you took the easy way so that says all. 

No reason to let this become a flame war, in the end they did stick to the rules and can't be blamed for it.

The streamer are in seperate TS channel to not be disturbed, I was watching it on stream myself and reacted immediately. It won't happen again though as the streamer get a briefing what to do in these kind of situations.

The streamer also clipped the last 10mins of the first game( Not to mention one of our guys had a strange DDOS attack doesn't matter but it proves that the streamer noticed that too) and it's not the flame war they created a misunderstanding first which led to these circumstances and caused a panic which lead to rules broker, I say again we are humans after all most of my guys don't want to continue after this and who to blame for that discouragement and you can't answer that because rules are rules (even the enemy team played our vetoed map, they broke rule but who cares). 

https://www.twitch.tv/thes0cks/v/89512990

https://www.twitch.tv/thes0cks/v/89519102

One more thing the score sheet should say SSquad 1-2 WARGG why its saying SSquad 0-3 WARGG??

Edited by dark6799
  • Cool 1

Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

One more thing the score sheet should say SSquad 1-2 WARGG why its saying SSquad 0-3 WARGG??

Changed :)

[TTT]
Players
725 posts
15,575 battles

Thanks 4 clear words.

im seriously not trying to troll or provoke here, but if you didnt say we "cheated or anything like that", why did you take the auto win you were offered?? We all make mistakes, you sir made a mistake yesterday that cost both of our teams of playing 2 competitive matches, so the way i see it only mistake that happened yesterday was our teams playing only 1 game instead of 3 in total, dont know about you but im not here for points, im here to play games since there is no more team battles and CW isnt implemented yet...

Illl answer for you, you took the win becouse you werent sure you can win, and that gave you a chance, since it brought us back to ground zero.

• Cool 1

Players
299 posts
19,093 battles

im seriously not trying to troll or provoke here, but if you didnt say we "cheated or anything like that", why did you take the auto win you were offered?? We all make mistakes, you sir made a mistake yesterday that cost both of our teams of playing 2 competitive matches, so the way i see it only mistake that happened yesterday was our teams playing only 1 game instead of 3 in total, dont know about you but im not here for points, im here to play games since there is no more team battles and CW isnt implemented yet...

Illl answer for you, you took the win becouse you werent sure you can win, and that gave you a chance, since it brought us back to ground zero.

Dont be such a crybaby. You should not have given up the last game. You clearly broke the rules and even though I would be voting to forgive that..the decision was on your enemy. Everyone can see its opportunistic and not gentlemanly from them (if such word exists?) but your crying is even worse...
  • Cool 2

[TTT]
Players
725 posts
15,575 battles

Ok now youre forcing me to be rude... Its not your place to comment, i wasnt talking to you, so dont really see why to bother... If you had half of what we call brain you wouldnt write in that manner or that at all, onky shows your calibre.

Fyi BOTH TEAMS vetoed Atlantic map and yet we played it, now i call organisers to reset the score ( if we gonna screw, well be the ones screwing ) and reschedule the fight with WARGG since the rules were broken in the very start.

• Cool 2

Players
299 posts
19,093 battles

Ok now youre forcing me to be rude... Its not your place to comment, i wasnt talking to you, so dont really see why to bother... If you had half of what we call brain you wouldnt write in that manner or that at all, onky shows your calibre.

Fyi BOTH TEAMS vetoed Atlantic map and yet we played it, now i call organisers to reset the score ( if we gonna screw, well be the ones screwing ) and reschedule the fight with WARGG since the rules were broken in the very start.

You are not talking to me but I can see your post. If you dont want ppl to see you crying (preferable to me) you should have just sent private message to FTD or someone. Since you post publicly this is my place to comment.

Just posted my opinion. Deal with it. Not going to insult you back.

• Cool 1

[TTTX]
Players
1,841 posts
7,432 battles

Please stop the whining, suicide squad. Even though it was accidental and no harm was intended, you broke the rules and now you have to live with the consequences.

And it was your own choice to throw away that third battle. There is no one else you can blame for this. Of course you can make up some noble cause for it like it being out of protest because the other team was being overly strict regarding the rules, but that doesn't change the fact that it was your own fault.

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
725 posts
15,575 battles

Yes, and now since more rules have been broken we call for a rematch, of rules apply to them they apply to us too. Wasnt goinh to mention it but since you kids are trying to be funny i am insisting on a new match

[MOWA]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
148 posts
7,533 battles

Let me do some LAST Statements according to this case:

@sexycroat: Ur posts get more and more arrogant. Dont be a bad looser. And, please, stop attacking others. U are the better team,ok we can deal with it.

But 1 statement is absolutely true: NO ONE FORCED U TO CANCEL THE THIRD FIGHT! IT HAD BEEN UR DECISSION! 

Yesterday u felt like a dog that was hit in the [edited]and screamed: WE QUIT!!!.Now u realize, that it had not been the best choice of yourself! U decided to quit and there is no reason for us to repeat the match.... especially cause of ur arrogant statements against WARGG! You had the chance to show ur skill by winning the third map. Nothing more to say! Use ur chance to beat others and win the cup! We wish good luck.

And just a judicial explanation: First map was selected by SSquad! So U renounced on ur vote. We did the same by accepting the challenge. Where is the problem now? In german we say: you are looking for a hair in the soup, cause u dont want to pay for it.