You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_FTD_

Odem Mortis Community Cup - Discussions

385 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
110 posts
6,111 battles

random idea I just had - would it be possible/advantageous to post some kind of a weekly summary in text form? As in, short recaps of how (maybe some of) the matches went, from either players' or streamers' perspectives? Might be kinda neat for promo purposes, and for those in the cup that didnt have a chance to follow the coverage closely? You could ask the teams and streamers for quick recaps/summaries of the matches they were involved in if they want, and just publish those that you do get, to minimize extra workload for you organizers?

also the will be a week one recap in the upcoming NA-EU showmatch preshow but yes a good suggestion

Sailing Hamster
1,546 posts
3,274 battles

If you stream the game put streamers on both team so we can see inside both smokes not one side in smoke shooting some other smoke cloud................

Beta Tester
110 posts
6,111 battles

If you stream the game put streamers on both team so we can see inside both smokes not one side in smoke shooting some other smoke cloud................

erm excuseme thats what we did. wwe had 2 streamers per side...
  • Cool 2

Sailing Hamster
1,546 posts
3,274 battles

Well then you uploaded on twitch only one side..........Still I know its way more  work but "uploaded" version should be edited and compiled  from view of both sides, also watching game from free cam when ships are sizes of small groundnut.

Beta Tester
110 posts
6,111 battles

Well then you uploaded on twitch only one side..........Still I know its way more  work but "uploaded" version should be edited and compiled  from view of both sides, also watching game from free cam when ships are sizes of small groundnut.

well the were 2 streams running simultaneously. actually correction 4 streams. and little issues can be tweaked. you pick and choose which you want to see i suppose. i had both streams open and one muted worked fine for me. chat all streams loved it as well 

Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

How comes you start to care now after all the "competitive :teethhappy:" trashtalk. I find it slightly ironic to see exactly you guys here but oh well..

We will talk through this with the streamers tomorrow no one said its set in stone nor that the currently uploaded versions are final

Wait and see what happens, maybe we do this maybe we don't. Recap's of the games as well as the VOD's of the streams will definitely be uploaded though.

2 streams were up and both sides were able to be watched,  on top of that if you own a 1920x1080 (which is standard by now) ships aren't that small while zoomed out. You should always consider what is possible for us to organize and what isn't and I think for now we are doing fine for organizing this completely on our own.

Edited by _FTD_
  • Cool 5

[ASEET]
Alpha Tester
68 posts
7,175 battles

Hi!

In match day 1 info the matches are 20:30, but in streaming schedule they are put on 20:15. Which one is correct start time for the match?

[TTTX]
Tournament Organizer
259 posts
3,419 battles

Hi!

In match day 1 info the matches are 20:30, but in streaming schedule they are put on 20:15. Which one is correct start time for the match?

20:30 for the matches I think. 20:15 is convenient for the streamer if he wants to run a preshow and it let some time for viewers to join.

Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

Hi!

The streaming schedule has no influence on when your game starts. You have scheduled your game for 20:30pm CEST? No problem then you start at 20:30pm CEST! :) The streaming schedule is only relevant for viewer and the streamer to maybe have a little pre talk about the teams and general information, it has no influence on the scheduled time for the games.

[ASEET]
Alpha Tester
68 posts
7,175 battles

Yes, we have scheduled to begin at 20:30. By the way, in the future take the 15 minute delay in calculations to those streaming schedules. Yesterday all pre-shows started only at 20:30 because of that 15 minutes delay. ;)

Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

Yes, we have scheduled to begin at 20:30. By the way, in the future take the 15 minute delay in calculations to those streaming schedules. Yesterday all pre-shows started only at 20:30 because of that 15 minutes delay. ;)

There were major issues due to one team not fully showing up anyways and thats why everything was a bit rough in the beginning, in the end it turned out to be sick though :)

But we have a talk with the streamer tonight to seek feedback and also talk about little things like you've just mentioned.

Beta Tester
110 posts
6,111 battles

How comes you start to care now after all the "competitive :teethhappy:" trashtalk. I find it slightly ironic to see exactly you guys here but oh well..

We will talk through this with the streamers tomorrow no one said its set in stone nor that the currently uploaded versions are final

Wait and see what happens, maybe we do this maybe we don't. Recap's of the games as well as the VOD's of the streams will definitely be uploaded though.

2 streams were up and both sides were able to be watched,  on top of that if you own a 1920x1080 (which is standard by now) ships aren't that small while zoomed out. You should always consider what is possible for us to organize and what isn't and I think for now we are doing fine for organizing this completely on our own.

he commented on the article on the warships portal as well FTD along with other NESI members taking the piss.  we appreciate suggestions of course and will always strive to improve things for the viewers but its your own fault you didnt want to get involved in the cup.

[WGP2W]
Players
987 posts
10,091 battles

Got confused by it as well, but we PM'd each other and it's all good now. Wish us luck and fingers crossed, as our whole squad was completely redone from scratch yesterday, many people rushing in home from work, so I guess it's gonna be the London's traffic determining the outcome of this match. :trollface:

Cheers,

~t3h'Pâr4d0x

• Cool 1

Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

he commented on the article on the warships portal as well FTD along with other NESI members taking the piss.  we appreciate suggestions of course and will always strive to improve things for the viewers but its your own fault you didnt want to get involved in the cup.

Literally 0 care :P

• Cool 1

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

many people rushing in home from work, so I guess it's gonna be the London's traffic determining the outcome of this match. :trollface:

that is precisely the opposite of what anyone who was even remotely involved in yesterday's TTT vs. Por debacle wanted to hear...
Edited by Tyrendian89

Beta Tester
110 posts
6,111 battles

that is precisely the opposite of what anyone who was even remotely involved in yesterday's TTT vs. Por debacle wanted to hear...

no please no.... then again nothing can ruin today after my uni results :D 
  • Cool 2

Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

no please no.... then again nothing can ruin today after my uni results :D 

We should all consider that yesterday was the very first day and hiccups were to be expected (especially with smaller teams/clans). I'm 100% sure that the next matchdays will be way smoother as people get to used to the procedure and what not.

The UFR vs KLM series made up for the problems in the beginning and the streamer as well as the viewer loved it, that's the feedback we got so far! :)

Edited by _FTD_
  • Cool 3

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,041 posts
3,221 battles

Use http://multitwitch.tv/streamer1/streamer2 then you get both at once :)
  • Cool 2

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,087 battles

Use http://multitwitch.tv/streamer1/streamer2 then you get both at once :)

No that puts both streams on the same screen, it's easier with just two browser windows one for each :trollface:

Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

Live tonight:

14th of September 08:45pm CEST | Odem Mortis International (OMNI) vs NAB (Nord Atlantik Blitz) | twitch.tv/OdemMortis + twitch.tv/evolutionarysidekick -> English stream | Veto'd:  Islands of Ice, Tears of the Desert

14th of September 08:15pm CEST | The Art of Warfare (TAW) vs Kaper Kommando Germany (KKtm Germany) twitch.tv/privatepinguin twitch.tv/thes0cks-> German stream | Veto'd: Islands of Ice, Tears of the Desert

Edited by _FTD_
  • Cool 1

[-RDE-]
[-RDE-]
Players
80 posts
13,298 battles

Wow, until seeing this thread I had never heard of twitch but now I'm at the Odem Mortis channel and in two minutes should be watching a game ... this is exciting.

• Cool 1

Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

Placeholder!

Topic will be updated tomorrow, I'm too tired right now.

Edited by _FTD_

[ALN]
Beta Tester
8 posts
5,721 battles

"Every streamer will have a 20 min delay to avoid stream-sniping! As organisers, we do not condone stream-sniping, regardless of the disconnect between streamer and his chat. 
If a team has his own in-house streamer, he is allowed to stream IF he is part of the team. He is allowed to stream without delay, but suffers any consequences of that decision. 
Each game can be streamed. This is either done by having 1 extra ship per team who suicides at the start of the match via CV, or via a spectator mode. This is yet to be determined. 
If teams have inhouse streamers that want to participate as an independant streamer, then contact any OMC organizer."

thats the rules some ppl from org have to learn to read.  

Cause they wanna kick us form the tournament cos we dont wanna stream LOL.

logic gg

ill be not surprised if u ll change rules during turnament.

repect the rules guys .

u have to ask us about the stream and u trying to force it. not nice. 

• Cool 2

[RAIN]
Players
2,889 posts
19,183 battles

"Every streamer will have a 20 min delay to avoid stream-sniping! As organisers, we do not condone stream-sniping, regardless of the disconnect between streamer and his chat. 

If a team has his own in-house streamer, he is allowed to stream IF he is part of the team. He is allowed to stream without delay, but suffers any consequences of that decision. 

Each game can be streamed. This is either done by having 1 extra ship per team who suicides at the start of the match via CV, or via a spectator mode. This is yet to be determined. 

If teams have inhouse streamers that want to participate as an independant streamer, then contact any OMC organizer."

logic gg

repect the rules guys .

We all agreed the streaming rules during the team leaders meeting! 

I can not imagine why a team could refuse to be streamed. Even after his defeat the UFR found some comfort in knowing we entertained more than 800 people (700 on Flamu/Fara stream and 130 on the french one of Cheveu and MrTonMou). We are enjoying this tournament but we are also very enthousiat about participating in an event that gathers the World of Warships community. 

All of the teams should require a streaming. I am sorry but the opposite behavior is very selfish. Do not blame the organisators, I perfectly know how concilient they can be if you kindly explain your issues with them. 

And again, a huge thanks from UFR to the OMC for organizing this tournament. I will not forget to also give a thanks to everyone who watched our games tuesday! 

:honoring:

• Cool 4

Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

logic gg

repect the rules guys .

1. Every team agreed on the games being streamed, you were there in the meeting but you told me word for word on our ts 2 hours ago "i didnt listen to all the random crap so I played random battles"

2. You had the chance to disagree in the meeting we had and YOU were part of it when the question came up and YOU did not respond whatsoever

3. A lot of games have been streamed from both perspectives so far, what is scaring you to get your game streamed as well? Same rights and duties to all the teams :)

4. I told you we WON'T make exceptions anymore and your team leader agreed on that with exustio, so within the team you have different opinions about this? 

5. You expect me to treat you with respect after you just straight up said "[edited]you!" and "shut up" while I was trying to explain why we wouldnt do it?

6. In the registration topic can be clearly seen "various games will be streamed live on twitch", so now it is new to you?

7. We never said we kick you out of the tournament, we said if you aren't willing to get your games streamed (like everyone else because we want to provide good content to the community that's what the cup is here for) we will give you a default loss for the series and if you have a problem with it you are free to leave the tournament

8. We were always willing to talk but your behavior is completely unacceptable considering you had the chance to say "no" in the meeting

9. We are very well aware of our rules in the Cup and they won't be touched nor changed during the Cup that's what we said multiple times and the entire streaming was a CORE part of the Cup so next time try to figure out before whether you like your secret gameplay to be streamed or not

In any tournament/league/cup of other games the question of games being streamed doesn't even exist, so I'm wondering why you are so extremely cautious about it.

Never forget that you all agreed on the games being streamed so stop ********* about it now :)

I'm honestly sick to deal with prima donas so the time for extra treatments is over as matchday 1 is slowly coming to an end (which was a lot of fun to watch and participate in so far!), you have exactly 3 options here, let me list them for you:

1. You accept the streaming

2. You accept the default loss for not allowing the games to be streamed from your perspective 

3. You leave the tournament

Your decision :great:

Edited by _FTD_
  • Cool 7