You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_FTD_

Odem Mortis Community Cup - Discussions

385 comments in this topic

Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

13th of September 08:15pm CEST | ToraToraTora (TTT) vs Portugal (Por) | twitch.tv/flamuu + twitch.tv/OdemMortis -> English stream | Veto'd: Tears of the Desert, Trap

13th of September 08:15pm CEST | Unite Francophone (UFR) vs Kaiserliche Marine (KLM) | twitch.tv/world_of_warships_fr + twitch.tv/chveu -> French stream | Veto'd Islands of Ice, Loop

14th of September 08:15pm CEST | Odem Mortis International (OMNI) vs NAB (Nord Atlantik Blitz) | Uknown streamer as iEarlGrey backed off | Veto'd:  Islands of Ice, Tears of the Desert

14th of September 08:15pm CEST | The Art of Warfare (TAW) vs Kaper Kommando Germany (KKtm Germany) twitch.tv/privatepinguin twitch.tv/thes0cks-> German stream | Veto'd: Islands of Ice, Tears of the Desert

15th of September 07:45pm CEST | Suicide Squad (Ssquad) vs War Games Germany (WARGG) twitch.tv/thes0cks -> German stream | Veto'd: Atlantic, Atlantic

15th of September 08:15pm CEST | Odem Mortis (OM) vs Portugal Sailors (PorS) | twitch.tv/Crysantos + twitch.tv/Izolate -> English stream | Veto'd: Atlantic, no information about PorS veto'd map

15th of September 08:15pm CEST | FlyingDucks (FLYD) vs Alliance (ALN) | twitch.tv/flamuu + twitch.tv/OdemMortis -> English stream | Veto'd: Trap, Loop

15th of September 08:15pm CEST | Aseveljet (ASEET) vs Wargaming Pay 2 Win (WGP2W | twitch.tv/world_of_warships_fr twitch.tv/chveu-> French stream | Veto'd: Atlantic, Loop

Changes may happen but will be announced tomorrow the latest, this is the streaming schedule for Matchday1 :)

Edited by _FTD_
  • Cool 3

Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

Hi,

is there any way to see what we answered to the schedule form? Just messed up with my notes and lost information on which map we announced we'd ban.

Do we get to know opponent's banned map beforehand or just the one hour prior to the match?

Edit: problem solved

Edited by _FTD_

Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

Would it be possible (to reduce amount of pm's going back and forth between captains during the tournament) that you admins would add the banned maps to the public streaming schedule?

Yes, information have been added.

Edited by _FTD_
  • Cool 2

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

what's the situation with Kraken vs. GWDYS? Is that match going to happen? Since they're in our group, I'm kinda curious...

Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

what's the situation with Kraken vs. GWDYS? Is that match going to happen? Since they're in our group, I'm kinda curious...

They promised to give us the details today... some of them were sick and therefor had problems to schedule the games. We don't want to give out default loss for matchday 1 due to the fact that some people need to get used to the procedure (its not really an excuse I know). Matchday 1 is the only matchday that we treat with a bit more tolerance. From matchday 2 onward we will hand out default loss without hesitating.

If they don't hand in the details for their game by midnight today (so before matchday 1) the team that didn't respond gets a default loss which would be really unfortunate because it would take the tension away from this group. 

To make it very clear, we won't chase for information anymore after matchday 1 as all the forms (2) are really easy to understand and to fill it in, we have been very vocal about using them on top of that. The rules are clear and the teams have to follow them for this to work out.

Edited by _FTD_
  • Cool 3

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

They promised to give us the details today... some of them were sick and therefor had problems to schedule the games. We don't want to give out default loss for matchday 1 due to the fact that some people need to get used to the procedure (its not really an excuse I know). Matchday 1 is the only matchday that we treat with a bit more tolerance. From matchday 2 onward we will hand out default loss without hesitating.

If they don't hand in the details for their game by midnight today (so before matchday 1) the team that didn't respond gets a default loss which would be really unfortunate because it would take the tension away from this group. 

To make it very clear, we won't chase for information anymore after matchday 1 as all the forms (2) are really easy to understand and to fill it in, we have been very vocal about using them on top of that. The rules are clear and the teams have to follow them for this to work out.

sounds more than reasonable, thanks for the quick answer! And yes, being a bit more tolerant for the first week is good I think - especially when people also happen to get sick at inopportune times. Good to hear the match will (in all likelyhood) happen! :izmena: Too bad that delay probably means it won't be streamed, we'd have liked to be able to scope out those two competitors as well :look:

Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

sounds more than reasonable, thanks for the quick answer! And yes, being a bit more tolerant for the first week is good I think - especially when people also happen to get sick at inopportune times. Good to hear the match will (in all likelyhood) happen! :izmena: Too bad that delay probably means it won't be streamed, we'd have liked to be able to scope out those two competitors as well :look:

Unfortunately we won't be able to cover all the games for every week as we don't have enough streamer :P but covering most of them is doable :)

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

Unfortunately we won't be able to cover all the games for every week as we don't have enough streamer :P but covering most of them is doable :)

yup, and looking at the streaming schedule you're already doing a very fine job of it!

[WGP2W]
Players
987 posts
10,091 battles

13th of September 08:15pm CEST | ToraToraTora (TTT) vs Portugal (Por) | twitch.tv/flamuu + twitch.tv/OdemMortis -> English stream | Veto'd: Tears of the Desert, Trap

13th of September 08:15pm CEST | Unite Francophone (UFR) vs Kaiserliche Marine (KLM) | twitch.tv/world_of_warships_fr + twitch.tv/chveu -> French stream | Veto'd Islands of Ice, Loop

14th of September 08:15pm CEST | Odem Mortis International (OMNI) vs NAB (Nord Atlantik Blitz) | twitch.tv/iEarlGrey + unknown yet -> English stream | Veto'd:  Islands of Ice, Tears of the Desert

14th of September 08:15pm CEST | The Art of Warfare (TAW) vs Kaper Kommando Germany (KKtm Germany) twitch.tv/privatepinguin twitch.tv/thes0cks-> German stream | Veto'd: Islands of Ice, Tears of the Desert

15th of September 07:45pm CEST | Suicide Squad (Ssquad) vs War Games Germany (WARGG) twitch.tv/thes0cks -> German stream | Veto'd: Atlantic, Atlantic

15th of September 08:15pm CEST | Odem Mortis (OM) vs Portugal Sailors (PorS) | twitch.tv/Crysantos + twitch.tv/Izolate -> English stream | Veto'd: Atlantic, no information about PorS veto'd map

15th of September 08:15pm CEST | FlyingDucks (FLYD) vs Alliance (ALN) | twitch.tv/flamuu + twitch.tv/OdemMortis -> English stream | Veto'd: Trap, Loop

15th of September 08:15pm CEST | Aseveljet (ASEET) vs Wargaming Pay 2 Win (WGP2W | twitch.tv/world_of_warships_fr twitch.tv/chveu-> French stream | Veto'd: Atlantic, Loop

Changes may happen but will be announced tomorrow the latest, this is the streaming schedule for Matchday1 :)

Thanks for the info. The whole thing starting to make a bit of sense, slowly, but certainly. To be honest, you should also cut some slack to some teams. Not saying to allow them to reschedule the match 50x times, because then the tourney would still be going in 2036, but there should be some room for slight adjustments, always, especially, when most of the teams are in it for the fun.

I guess, I'll post the roster changes in here, so everyone can see it, so you don't have to bother updating the roster sheet or do you prefer me to PM you, then you edit the roster sheet, then you PM all the remaining team captains with the updated roster sheet and then all the other team captains will PM you back and confirm, they've acknowledged our roster changes and then you'd let us know as well, that all is good? #ayy

Cheers,

~t3h'Pâr4d0x

[KRAKN]
Beta Tester
100 posts
7,160 battles

Hey guys. you can see everyone im the first who posted here in this topic our teamspeak3 server infos . We are ready about the match day 1 but we can submit the form beacouse we need some infos from GWDYS (map veto , etc). We cant establish a contact with them but we are sending a messages in game and no one respond us. I realy dont know if they are doing in purpose. Im re writing my teamspeak3 adress waiting finaly to reach contact with them. 

Teamspeak server  85.236.105.30:11627  PASS   wowskraken       Finaly you should know that we want participate in OM CUP and we will always follow the rules.

• Cool 1

[WGP2W]
Players
987 posts
10,091 battles

Hey guys. you can see everyone im the first who posted here in this topic our teamspeak3 server infos . We are ready about the match day 1 but we can submit the form beacouse we need some infos from GWDYS (map veto , etc). We cant establish a contact with them but we are sending a messages in game and no one respond us. I realy dont know if they are doing in purpose. Im re writing my teamspeak3 adress waiting finaly to reach contact with them. 

Teamspeak server  85.236.105.30:11627  PASS   wowskraken       Finaly you should know that we want participate in OM CUP and we will always follow the rules.

I'm sure, they'll respond soon. From my personal experience, I can say, I was confused by all these rules by myself and so were many of my clan mates and only after reading everything multiple times and _FTD_ starting to update this topic, it started to make a sense. So, a little patience and I'm sure, all will be fine.

The only other possibility would be, they're not responding, because they're busy dating your sister, obviously. :trollface:

Cheers,

~t3h'Pâr4d0x

Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

Thanks for the info. The whole thing starting to make a bit of sense, slowly, but certainly. To be honest, you should also cut some slack to some teams. Not saying to allow them to reschedule the match 50x times, because then the tourney would still be going in 2036, but there should be some room for slight adjustments, always, especially, when most of the teams are in it for the fun.

I guess, I'll post the roster changes in here, so everyone can see it, so you don't have to bother updating the roster sheet or do you prefer me to PM you, then you edit the roster sheet, then you PM all the remaining team captains with the updated roster sheet and then all the other team captains will PM you back and confirm, they've acknowledged our roster changes and then you'd let us know as well, that all is good? #ayy

Cheers,

~t3h'Pâr4d0x

Dont worry we know how strict we have to be in certain situations, also the teams never rescheduled, the only problem that accured was with KRAKEN (they really try to get the match going) and GWDYS. No one did ever reschedule.:)

All you have to do is PM me the change of your roster or post it here and I will adjust it. You don't have to make the things so complicated.

Also no matter what I post here, if it is important it will be included into the original post so you dont have to scroll through all the pages to see what changed (nothing changed for several days now and the rules won't be touched anymore anyways).

I'm sure, they'll respond soon. From my personal experience, I can say, I was confused by all these rules by myself and so were many of my clan mates and only after reading everything multiple times and _FTD_ starting to update this topic, it started to make a sense. So, a little patience and I'm sure, all will be fine.

The only other possibility would be, they're not responding, because they're busy dating your sister, obviously. :trollface:

Cheers,

~t3h'Pâr4d0x

The rules are pretty easy and common ones for Cups/Leagues in WoWs, I'm wondering what you struggled with tbh :/

Anyways if there are any questions we are here to answer them :)

Edited by _FTD_

[WGP2W]
Players
987 posts
10,091 battles

It needs some tome to get used to the system and a simple fact, there's just much more organization going around, than usual. Back in the days, 7 random people would join TS, then I clicked on 1 button in port and 10 seconds later, we're in the game. This is a whole different level, but on the other hand, I guess a pleasant change of sorts to help to kill to boredom in between Ranked or TBs.

Cheers,

~t3h'Pâr4d0x

Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

It needs some tome to get used to the system and a simple fact, there's just much more organization going around, than usual. Back in the days, 7 random people would join TS, then I clicked on 1 button in port and 10 seconds later, we're in the game. This is a whole different level, but on the other hand, I guess a pleasant change of sorts to help to kill to boredom in between Ranked or TBs.

Cheers,

~t3h'Pâr4d0x

Well comparing this cup to a wargaming implemented mod is kinda off :P

I wish WG would give us this kind of content themselves so we don't have to provide it because I can tell you one thing, this as been an absurd amount of work for us.

• Cool 3

Players
908 posts
10,097 battles
  • Kraken (KRAKN) vs Guys Who Dated Your Sister (GWDYS) | 13.09.2016 - 08:30pm CEST | Veto'd: Islands of Ice, KRAKN veto will be edit in

I'm glad that the match was sorted out but I want to be very clear that we won't be this tolerant again. If there are any real problems with this series tonight we will most likely act in a way that it benefits the tournament in the long run which means removing that one team that was really non-cooperative!

Edited by _FTD_
  • Cool 2

Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

From now on mainly contact:

Exustio

scrappygwilly

Master_Barbarian

as I'm a player myself will step down from organisational work during the cup (except posting here and editing :) )

Edited by _FTD_
  • Cool 2

Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

sooo, since we now have the Official Wargaming Modpack over here in EU as well, are we allowed to use it? :trollface:

No, you can use it during all the days of the week but on the matchday and while the matches are happening you are restricted from using them. We simply don't have the time anymore to check what the modpack is including... and I already answered another team it is not allowed.

We stick to absolutely no mods except for what you can find in game without modifying or editing of files to your WoWs folder.

Edited by _FTD_

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

No, you can use it during all the days of the week but on the matchday and while the matches are happening you are restricted from using them. We simply don't have the time anymore to check what the modpack is including... and I already answered another team it is not allowed.

We stick to absolutely no mods except for what you can find in game without modifying or editing of files to your WoWs folder.

that's 100% the answer I was expecting and hoping for - just wanted to a) have the question publicly asked and b) maybe troll you just a little ;-)
  • Cool 2

[OMNI]
Beta Tester
508 posts
5,264 battles

A reminder for all teams. A few things need to be done 1 hour prior to the game starting!

• You can ask your opponent their map pick! Use this 1 hour window to set up your tactics & Team!
  • The Non-host team must fill in this form! This is to avoid any cheating of people switching in/out ships during the joining time in the training room!
  • Remind all your team mates to take a Screenshot in zoom/sniper mode once you enter the game! If you disconnect, remake the screenshot! Save these in a folder till the end of the tournament!

In case of questions, poke any OMC Organizer in the OMC TS!

Good luck and have fun teams!

Edited by Exustio
  • Cool 4

Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

Matchday 1 Tuesday results:

• KRAKN vs GWDYS = 0:3 
  • TTT vs Por = 3:0 (default loss for Por for not fully showing up)
  • UFR vs KLM = 1:2 

Find the current standings here

More games happening tomorrow :)

e/ as always you find everything updated in the original post :hiding:

Edited by _FTD_
  • Cool 2

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

random idea I just had - would it be possible/advantageous to post some kind of a weekly summary in text form? As in, short recaps of how (maybe some of) the matches went, from either players' or streamers' perspectives? Might be kinda neat for promo purposes, and for those in the cup that didnt have a chance to follow the coverage closely? You could ask the teams and streamers for quick recaps/summaries of the matches they were involved in if they want, and just publish those that you do get, to minimize extra workload for you organizers?

Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

random idea I just had - would it be possible/advantageous to post some kind of a weekly summary in text form? As in, short recaps of how (maybe some of) the matches went, from either players' or streamers' perspectives? Might be kinda neat for promo purposes, and for those in the cup that didnt have a chance to follow the coverage closely? You could ask the teams and streamers for quick recaps/summaries of the matches they were involved in if they want, and just publish those that you do get, to minimize extra workload for you organizers?

Can be done + matches will be uploaded to youtube so there will also be footage.