Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dammonar

Konig my love

44 comments in this topic

Players
2,580 posts
12,235 battles

I love Kongo too, but I have to admit that being able to tank T7 BBs and still being relevant in T7 matches you end up in constantly feels good. I love König for that.

• Cool 4

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles

Can't say much, since I've only had one game in König, and I think I was top tier. Still, 116k damage, High Caliber, and spending most of the match tanking for the less brave allies on the flank I advanced on.

Good first impression. :honoring:

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,567 posts
18,265 battles

I have only played one single game with König, and with the captain still on retraining, but +70k damage and 4 kills in a tier 6 game, including a Nürnberg deletion.

Looks promising. We'll see with a few more games.

Players
2,580 posts
12,235 battles

including a Nürnberg deletion.

Well, isn't that supposed to happen at least once if there are Nürnbergs in the match? I can't remember a match with those poor things without one of them being deleted.

Players
16 posts
964 battles

kongo has range and speed, however it makes me roll my eyes all the time, konigs guns never disapoint. I also love to delete myokos, or their painted counterparts that have that stupid moe 8 year old jap "cute" tryhard voice, every time i hear it i want to crush a kitten with a sledgehammer

Edited by Dammonar

Players
29 posts
6,112 battles

Yup awesome ship, it's like floating iron fortress. Can sail tons of Krupps steel right into enemy comfort zone :bajan:

[BKT]
Players
190 posts
6,862 battles

The Konig is a good ship and good armor too, when most time you play against tier 6 and 7 it can stand its ground. I hope the german bb`s keep this in their line and not like for example the japanees bb`s after tier 7 dont have any armor anymore. The accuracy is good on the guns and got enough power, also manouvrability is good better then us bb`s for sure.

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,567 posts
18,265 battles

Well, isn't that supposed to happen at least once if there are Nürnbergs in the match? I can't remember a match with those poor things without one of them being deleted.

I know, but in the 17 battles I played with the tier 4 I didn't delete a single cruiser in one salvo. Guns were so unreliable... That's the aspect I wanted to remark.

Players
4,367 posts
16,858 battles

Koenig is not only a lot better than Kongo. It's also one of the strongest if not the strongest silver battleship per tier. It may not be doing great games that often but it doesn't do bad ones and delivers very regularly and reliably. Feels a bit like stronger Inseminator for me.

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,567 posts
18,265 battles

Koenig is not only a lot better than Kongo. It's also one of the strongest if not the strongest silver battleship per tier. It may not be doing great games that often but it doesn't do bad ones and delivers very regularly and reliably. Feels a bit like stronger Inseminator for me.

Maybe, but they've made it so fu**ing ugly...

Players
1,694 posts
3,784 battles

Maybe, but they've made it so fu**ing ugly...

i actually find its refit the only one i like...bayern is no.1 hag followed by drag kaiserin

[1378]
Players
460 posts
3,768 battles

König really is King. In a match yesterday I citadeled a broadside-showing Scharnhorst and deleted her afterwards. That was a fine kill. Plus, König can tank. Stronk German armor!

Players
1,059 posts
7,793 battles

Yup awesome ship, it's like floating iron fortress. Can sail tons of Krupps steel right into enemy comfort zone :bajan:

I hate shooting at Königs. My BB shells are so ineffective against them.
Edited by Agantas

Players
16 posts
964 battles

got the bayern, reminds me of the football team.. Best ship i've ever driven, I did not move the crew created a new one for bayern. 

Weekend Tester
1,244 posts

Wasn't the König the ship that Jingles said was worse than a stock Kongo? Shows what he knows (unless there was some massive change before the public release)

• Cool 4

Players
1,694 posts
3,784 battles

Wasn't the König the ship that Jingles said was worse than a stock Kongo? Shows what he knows (unless there was some massive change before the public release)

i remember he was explaining in several videos how he is struggling to tell the difference between russian and soviet ship...to take a look what flag is waving on the main mast was somehow beyond his comprehension

Weekend Tester
1,244 posts

i remember he was explaining in several videos how he is struggling to tell the difference between russian and soviet ship...to take a look what flag is waving on the main mast was somewhat beyond his comprehension

To be fair, when doing the commentary he's only seeing a tiny preview of the video and it can be hard to make out flag details when looking at such a small picture. (He could look at the ships ingame, but that would take extra time.)

[WGP2W]
Players
751 posts
18,410 battles

König is amazing. Tanky, accurate, nice handling. It works even in T7 matches (which it needs to....). I really, really liked König!

Just be prepared for the Bayern not to live up to the reputation it got during supertesting. It has bigger guns, but pays for that in DPM and accuracy. It also, surprisingly, has anemic penetration due to its abysmal drag constant, as fnord_disc was able to figure out. In rl, the real difference between Bayern and König was its improved guns. Goes to figure that in a game where you don't cross the T, that you wouldn't expect the game improvement to come in everything else and the guns to actually be worse.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
7,338 posts
7,856 battles

To be perfectly fair to Jingles, that goes to show how worthless just looking at the simplified stats alone is.

Weekend Tester
1,244 posts

To be perfectly fair to Jingles, that goes to show how worthless just looking at the simplified stats alone is.

But he was actually playing it, he had to do 250k dmg to get the Bayern.

Sign in to follow this