You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
fnord_disc

Armor Penetration Curves

307 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
530 battles
Am 19.8.2016 um 17:47, fnord_disc sagte:

Request a ship and I will edit this post with the penetration curve over distance!

Hi, thy 4 ur work.

I'd like to ask you to do it for Tier V Pyotr Velikiy.

Beta Tester
8 posts
3,693 battles

Okay what i would love to know is how the Artillery Plotting room and similar upgrades change the values in terms of penetration/impact angle. Does it change the shell arc or does it stay the same with just increased range. which would mean the pen would be somewhat improved compared to the "standard" range, right? Any1 knows how this works? Since for example American BB's don't really need the Plotting Room just for the Range. Only upside is a lil bit dispersion improvement. However, if it also helps you pen ships that you normally wouldnt at the same ranges, it'd be another very beneficial upside.

[LUZ1]
Players
79 posts
7,927 battles
On 8/19/2016 at 5:47 PM, fnord_disc said:

The work in this thread is based on this thread and this reddit thread. Both those threads explain how the curves are obtained, so please keep that discussion out of this thread. If you still have questions after reading those two, please ask me via PM. Here is a little bit about overpenetrations.

If you want to do these calculations yourself, here is the source code. The linked source code is an updated version of the one used to generate the curves in this thread. The results are not identical, but the linked source is more accurate.

I will start this thread off by reposting all curves already generated by me in the past, but now that we have moved out of the experimentation stage, I feel like more curves do not need experiments. 

Very interesting, thanks a lot.

This is a very long and long lived thread, so maybe this has been mentioned before, and I missed it. If so, I apologise for the duplication.

I understand Nathan Okun has done extensive and exhaustive research on real world armour penetration and penetration testing. Based on that he has developed a penetration calculator which provides a wealth of penetration data on a wide variety of shells, guns and armour. These resourcess can be accessed through the link below.

http://www.navweaps.com/index_nathan/index_nathan.php

Maybe you are already aware of this or you may even have used this resource in your work. But I thought it would be a shame not to mention this, just to be sure.

[CATS]
Players
20,389 posts
12,530 battles
12 minutes ago, Camperdown said:

I understand Nathan Okun has done extensive and exhaustive research on real world armour penetration and penetration testing. Based on that he has developed a penetration calculator which provides a wealth of penetration data on a wide variety of shells, guns and armour. These resourcess can be accessed through the link below.

http://www.navweaps.com/index_nathan/index_nathan.php

Maybe you are already aware of this or you may even have used this resource in your work. But I thought it would be a shame not to mention this, just to be sure.

Automated calculation close to the ingame values can be found here: