You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NoSoRetroJakko

Will the Nikolai ever return

75 comments in this topic

Players
50 posts
14,789 battles

Simple really, just looking to add this to my port, missed it last time round bout 6 months ago and just need this and the grem to complete my prem collection, bar the event ships i cant get of course. Been waiting ages and they never bring it back, just keep bringing derpitz out again and again for even more silly money.

Players
120 posts

it will not return, it is to OP. since they not will nerf premiums ships they will not sell it anymore. your only chance to get it is to take part in raffel by Community Contributors or events held by WG-Staff maybe.

Alpha Tester
2,062 posts
4,171 battles

Derpitz is not OP, Imperator is. That's why it will probably not be sold again for a very long time, if at all.

Players
50 posts
14,789 battles

kinda beyond frustrating now, i collect things, premium ships being one of them, and missing this just sucks, missed an event yesterday that had one being given away, didn't even know about it till today

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,330 posts
13,776 battles

it will not return, it is to OP. since they not will nerf premiums ships they will not sell it anymore. your only chance to get it is to take part in raffel by Community Contributors or events held by WG-Staff maybe.

I woudnt discont her in a 99 euro Advent Kalender offer sumular like the mega Pz 2. ist not as OP as some People anyway unless ist high tir.

Edited by Spellfire40

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
5,677 posts

then why are they still selling the saipan

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,523 posts
12,273 battles

f13f39cb71.png

cbd27c1e7c.png

Don't know about you but when a tier 4 BB that was sold very briefly performs almost equally and in some cases better than a tier 7 CV, something is a bit off.

Alpha Tester
19,378 posts
6,105 battles

She returns pretty often, I just need to press battle and she'll be in game shortly :trollface:

^^ there was a Imperator giveaway yesterday on Flamu's stream, sponsored by shipcomrade ( afaik ). 

Because Saipan doesn't come close to the statistical performance of Imperator Nicolai I?

Beta Tester
85 posts
3,024 battles

f13f39cb71.png

cbd27c1e7c.png

Don't know about you but when a tier 4 BB that was sold very briefly performs almost equally and in some cases better than a tier 7 CV, something is a bit off.

Compare it with BBs not with CVs that are currently really crap and might not even deal damage due to AA.

Edited by MarcusFuriusCamillus

Players
4,392 posts
12,107 battles

I really don't quite understand as why the Impregnator would be OP. Yes, very strong I agree to that. But when playing it and being out tiered by other BB's (5 and 6) I quickly get into trouble. It's also very sluggish without any AA to speak of. So in a CV match I'm pretty much screwed from the start. On paper Imperator seems very on par with the other T4 BB's. Sight differences in damage/ survivability but not in extremo. The only real advantage I can think of are the excellent line up of the 1-3 turrets. being able to turn with the ship while keeping those guns to bear. But the sluggishness (DD/ CV food) and bad AA compensates for that.

Could it be the case this ship is being played by more experienced people who seal club on the lower tiers? In that case there's nothing OP on the ship but a matter of more skill. What's your opinion about this?

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
520 posts
2,891 battles

Compare it with BBs not with CVs that are currently really crap and might not even deal damage due to AA.

Oh, okay.

5x3kPAP.png

If you can't see every single other battleship tier 6 & below on that screenshot, it's 'cos they're over the next page.

Behold:

2278d7I.png

Nikolai>Colorado. That enough proof for you?

"Oh noes, is because Colorado is crap!" whine the apologists. "Every single Imperator player is obvs superduperuber-unicum, & therefore mess with the expected stats."

Which is hilarious, when you look at how the CBT gift ship Arkansas is doing by comparison (hint, much worse).

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
520 posts
2,891 battles

Could it be the case this ship is being played by more experienced people who seal club on the lower tiers? In that case there's nothing OP on the ship but a matter of more skill. What's your opinion about this?

That it's BS fantasy-mongering spread by people desperate to defend their toy, in a weird kinda e-peen buffing sort of way.

[POI--]
Quality Poster
2,376 posts
19,086 battles

The Imperator is indeed OP. I don't like her much and I don't play with her very often, but she is ridiculously strong even in a tier 6 game. In a tier 5 or 4 game, it's like driving around a Amagi in a game with nothing else but Fusos.

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
5,677 posts

f13f39cb71.png

cbd27c1e7c.png

I didn't mean to compare it to the imperator directly.....I meant, if they stopped selling the imperator cause it's op, same should be done for the saipan
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
19,378 posts
6,105 battles

Oh, okay.

5x3kPAP.png

If you can't see every single other battleship tier 6 & below on that screenshot, it's 'cos they're over the next page.

Behold:

2278d7I.png

"Oh noes, is because Colorado is crap!" whine the apologists. "Every single Imperator player is obvs superduperuber-unicum, & therefore mess with the expected stats."

Which is hilarious, when you look at how the CBT gift ship Arkansas is doing by comparison (hint, much worse).

Now compare my Arkansas to my Imperator and please ask for nerfs to Arkansas :trollface:

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
923 posts
4,848 battles

I really don't quite understand as why the Impregnator would be OP. Yes, very strong I agree to that. But when playing it and being out tiered by other BB's (5 and 6) I quickly get into trouble. It's also very sluggish without any AA to speak of. So in a CV match I'm pretty much screwed from the start. On paper Imperator seems very on par with the other T4 BB's. Sight differences in damage/ survivability but not in extremo. The only real advantage I can think of are the excellent line up of the 1-3 turrets. being able to turn with the ship while keeping those guns to bear. But the sluggishness (DD/ CV food) and bad AA compensates for that.

You're right with the stats, there's nothing really exceptional about her. The turret line-up is fantastic, something no other BB really has. The armour is great, it's got it's standard BB main belt, but from what I recall of the old armour modelling, it has a sloped internal belt, much like Tirpitz. The US and IJN don't have it, and as such make it a pain to do anything more than get regular pen damage. The other key advantage is the superstructure, or rather, lack of superstructure. Those two funnels are basically all the superstructure is has, so low caliber HE kinda has to hit those to do any sort of damage besides fires. You'd think the lack of AA would be it's balancing factor, and it really should be, but that requires the CV player on the enemy team to recognise the Nikolai is an easy target. Tier 6 also keeps this thing in check for the most part, but experienced captains make it work even then.

Beta Tester
2,119 posts
5,245 battles

The US and IJN don't have it, and as such make it a pain to do anything more than get regular pen damage.

This is a common misconception. IJN ships until Nagato often have the angled citadel armor, but it's usually so thin that you can't tell the difference. It's only 19mm on Kongo and even Nagato's 75mm don't really cut the mustard. If we ever get Tosa and Kii then this might change because they have a funny-looking 102mm V-shaped armor space behind the belt that should be pretty effective. Nikolai also has 75mm behind the belt, but she doesn't see 16" guns like Nagato.

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
520 posts
2,891 battles

I didn't mean to compare it to the imperator directly.....I meant, if they stopped selling the imperator cause it's op, same should be done for the saipan

Apologies mate, couldn't get the context.

@MtM78: not asking for nerfs, mate. Just pointing out why criticism is justified.

Supertest Coordinator
6,337 posts
4,389 battles

I have her and play her for grinding money. She's good at that. On paper she's not OP. But that gun layout means you don't have to go broadside to bring most of her firepower to bear. On top of that she's accurate and hits hard. She is hard to set on fire having basically no superstructure too. Sure she gets annihilated by planes but overall she's waaaay better than the other tier IV BBs. She's OP because she actually encourages you to go forward and angle ---> good play. So statistically she out performs everything else by a mile. 

She's just too easy to play well. 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
19,378 posts
6,105 battles

I have her and play her for grinding money. She's good at that. On paper she's not OP. But that gun layout means you don't have to go broadside to bring most of her firepower to bear. On top of that she's accurate and hits hard. She is hard to set on fire having basically no superstructure too. Sure she gets annihilated by planes but overall she's waaaay better than the other tier IV BBs. She's OP because she actually encourages you to go forward and angle ---> good play. So statistically she out performs everything else by a mile. 

She's just too easy to play well. 

Apologies mate, couldn't get the context.

@MtM78: not asking for nerfs, mate. Just pointing out why criticism is justified.

Yeah which is why she as only tier IV meets tier VI :)

Last game I had in her I chased an enemy Fuso the whole game pushing her back, getting dreadnaught because she did hurt me but she couldn't do much else then keep running away. Imperator when properly angled can bounce Fuso's just as well as Fuso can bounce Imperator, but Fuso is way easier to hurt a lot when it gives to much broadside while Imperator will take less on average. 

Lack of AAA is a killer when you get into tier VI battles, unlike low tier planes they fly quick enough to negate your turning so you will eat more torps unless you can find a friendly CA to panic the bombers. Same with New Mexico's, they are much harder on Imperator ( I know, some people seem to not agree and get good damage rolls on superstructure they say, even when NM is angled... I don't have their luck it feels ). 

Players
1,321 posts
7,890 battles

since they not will nerf premiums ships they will not sell it anymore.

Then why were ships like the Sims and Yubari nerfed? If they did it previously, I don't see any problem with them doing the same with the Nikolai and Gremy.

Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

Then why were ships like the Sims and Yubari nerfed? If they did it previously, I don't see any problem with them doing the same with the Nikolai and Gremy.

Sims didn't get any direct nerfs.

Overal game mechanics chances caused that.

Faster rudder of ships made bigger ships harder targets for long range fire from USN mortar and tuning down of "chronic" closed beta smoking nerfed shorter range torps heavily.

In closed beta long tiem deployed and long remaining smoke was actually viable for getting closer to target for launching those 5,5km range torps.

(with latest game mechanics it doesn't even work that well for breaking contact)

• Cool 1

[TAKEN]
Players
37,168 posts
18,452 battles

Your comparison is flawed. Nikolai does not face Tier IX ships. Do you really think that a Nikolai at Tier VII would perform better than a Colorado?

Therefore a Nikolai might be better relative to Tier than other ships, but it is not a better ship. Kongo, New York and every BB after them are much stronger.

And yes, Arkansas gets quite close in performance (last two weeks):

Icon Name Tier Type Nation Battles WR ▼ Dmg XP K/D Sh☠ Pl☠ Srv MBH TH

Imperator Nikolai I 4 BB  USSR 2,761 61.28% 47,038 1,029 2.5 1.4 0.0 47% 28% 0%
  Arkansas Beta 4 BB  USA 5,210 58.73% 43,607 954 2.5 1.3 0.0 48% 25%

0%

Edited by ColonelPete
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
19,378 posts
6,105 battles

Nerf Arkansas Beta, she is an OP Wyoming clone and player skill has nothing to do with her performance!!!!

:trollface: