HeyAhoi

flickering/ disappearing HUD during fight

7 comments in this topic

Question

Players
15 posts
4,844 battles

It has been reportet several times in different fourms and chats: The sudden disappearence of all HUD information during a fight. You're left with seeing the ships and landscape.

Since nobody found a solution so far and WG hasn't felt the necessity to make any statement to this as far as I know I want to bring this most annoying topic up again, since it destroys all fun in playing WOWS.

What people/ I found so far:

• It seems to happen only to DDs
  • It seems to happen during heavy fights, never happened during just cruising around
  • No, there weren't any keys hit accidently
  • No, Ctrl-G, M or whtever doesen't help
  • Personally I wonder if it happens when I zoom in with my mouse wheel. Anyone similar suspicions?
  • To me the problem only appeared since two or three weeks

Hope to get more feedback on this and finally a solution. What observations have you made?

• Cool 1

6 answers to this question

Players
1 post
483 battles

Just had this issue, HUD disappeared 30 seconds into a game making it completely unplayable. Lost precious premium time too because of this will file a ticket for reimbursement

Beta Tester
139 posts
3,406 battles

It keeps happening from time to time to me to. The only effective way i found to get around this is by restarting the game (not ideal during a fight...), it seems to be caused by clicking a combination of certain buttons (most likely the shift key with something else affecting the camera, though im not sure, i had it happen in my Tirpitz, Iowa, Sims, Kutuzov, Atlanta (Aka any type of ship and any nation).

Players
15 posts
4,844 battles

ok, so it seems to not only happen to DDs. But I definitely pressed no buttons. only zooming. With my dd it happens when after having launched torps pressing 1 for gun an then mouswheel zooming in to shoot.

Sad thing. But seems like not too many people have that problem!? Still, it makes me more and more reluctant to play wows, unfortunately.

• Cool 1

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Players
50 posts
17,481 battles

This is happening to me too.

Using window or full screen mode helps.
There is chatter about this on the NA forum too.

I only seem to get it when using a DD (Umikazi) and when I press Shift to zoom in.

Players
3 posts
684 battles

ok, so it seems to not only happen to DDs. But I definitely pressed no buttons. only zooming. With my dd it happens when after having launched torps pressing 1 for gun an then mouswheel zooming in to shoot.

Sad thing. But seems like not too many people have that problem!? Still, it makes me more and more reluctant to play wows, unfortunately.

Exactly what happened to me ,, my ships in smoke, torps loading, ships moving in on you, when the action is at it's peak your screwed with no HUD.

Players
15 posts
4,844 battles

Almost a year since I started this little thread. It was good for a while, but recently (since last buggy patch?) it happens again. So in the end nothing changed!? WG keeps designing one new ship after the other nobody needs, but the bugs stay the same.

Is there a work around to this bug anyone knows of?