Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gojuadorai

Should ranked seasons last longer?

Longer ranked season?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Ranked season should last longer?

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont care
  2. 2. Thes should last longer by weeks:

• more than 4
    • shorter than now
    • I dont care (see above)

6 comments in this topic

Players
2,832 posts
21,712 battles

Hi,

i feel like the time pressure for ranked might discourage players to atempet playing ranked

/make ranked a bit "uneasy" having ranked ending in your neck.

what do you think?

woud you have a better time if your not in a hurry?

[edit]  added i dont care  in second question cause all who pressed i dont care ijn the first pard had to choose 0 which distorts the result (so 0 has -3 votes if the voters do not recast it)

[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles

Ranked, as they are now, to reach rank 1 require you to not only be good at the game but also a dedicated gamer (as in someone willing to play many Ranked battles a day).

The best, of course, will finish things quickly and those that are bad or just barely above average won't ever climb above 6-10 Rank bracket. But no matter how good you are, there are going to be some setbacks and I do feel that unless you play A LOT and/or stop playing anything but ranked, you may not necessarily get enough time to get to "your" Rank if that Rank is around the 2-5 bracket.

People belonging strictly to Rank 1 will manage, people belonging below 6 - probably too (they'll get to the 10 Rank and end up more-or-less stuck there). But for someone just a bit better than 6-10 Rank getting through the bracket is going to take many battles. And if someone would also like to at least collect 1st wins on ships he's currently grinding... well, I think two more weeks would be a good thing.

Players
187 posts
6,035 battles

are you serious, there is way  more than enough time tor rank out in what is it now? @1.5 months.

Ranked needs a revamp regarding top xp for losing team, since premium ships get preferential base xp modifiers.

Players
2,832 posts
21,712 battles

Ranked, as they are now, to reach rank 1 require you to not only be good at the game but also a dedicated gamer (as in someone willing to play many Ranked battles a day).

The best, of course, will finish things quickly and those that are bad or just barely above average won't ever climb above 6-10 Rank bracket. But no matter how good you are, there are going to be some setbacks and I do feel that unless you play A LOT and/or stop playing anything but ranked, you may not necessarily get enough time to get to "your" Rank if that Rank is around the 2-5 bracket.

People belonging strictly to Rank 1 will manage, people belonging below 6 - probably too (they'll get to the 10 Rank and end up more-or-less stuck there). But for someone just a bit better than 6-10 Rank getting through the bracket is going to take many battles. And if someone would also like to at least collect 1st wins on ships he's currently grinding... well, I think two more weeks would be a good thing.

well i mostly agree, my point is you might be willing to play enough but cant, and my recent experiance among some friends and myself just showed me some dont wnat to try cause they know they could make it if they play X battles but cant play that alount per day.

are you serious, there is way  more than enough time tor rank out in what is it now? @1.5 months.

Ranked needs a revamp regarding top xp for losing team, since premium ships get preferential base xp modifiers.

well while i agree on the rework i peronally feel too much pressure  making it in time cause playing enough may conflict with my real life,

but to see how others feel about it i started the poll so yes im serious....

Ps.: its not premum ships that have better modifiers, its more about clas to actions distribution , not all premums have higher mods than tree ships and even the tree ships do not all have the same modifiers.

Players
187 posts
6,035 battles

well regarding the time issue...... the actual issue is there are all these players that are not playing the game which means its harder to enrich the point pool in ranks above 12.

Right now the only way to enrich the point/star pool is limited to:

1. No star loss on top xp when losing(its not much but it does enrich the pool), rarely there are 2 people on top xp (happened to me once)

2. Losing games while player is at rank 12(similar to 2 people having identical top xp, 2 people not losing points at all)

3*Not sure about this one but ive heart on rank 11 and 10 you get an extra star when you rank up like the previous seasons.(maybe someone can shed some light on this since i didnt pay attention when i was at those ranks)

So the more people playing, the collective point pool increases, although that helps people who are playing better or are having an extremely luck winstreak(but it doesnt seem to happen).

And not everyone will get rank 1 anyway, at the very best scenario the player pool would be left with 7 players, in the last match 7 people reaching rank 1. But thats in the most optimal situation.

Something needs to happen to the current system(due to prem ships :trollface: having it easy), i dont know if they consider this to be a problem( I do) or if they will even look at it.

The best thing to do would be to revamp the XP system for ranked or just have the XP modifiers be the same for each class of ship but again in ranked only.

Previous ranked seasons with 1 extra star at each rank was.........too easy, especially now since there are doubloons at rank 2 and 1.

[TU]
Players
204 posts
11,015 battles

For me personally the problem is that the season overlaps with summer vacation season which involves travelling etc, no time to play. Of course for some the reverse is true, with more time to play in summer. I wonder if overall player base increases or decreases in July-August.

Sign in to follow this