Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sicklehead

Bug: wrong camouflage bonus calculation in port

4 comments in this topic

[-PTA-]
[-PTA-]
Players
21 posts
6,563 battles

I notice quite a while ago that the camouflage detection range bonus is not correctly calculated in the port, when you already have a camouflage equipped that gives you a bonus for that.

Example:

The Mahan with GNB-Camouflage (-3 % dectectability) and no concealment expert skill has a concealment rating of 86.

When you mouse-over or klick on the Type 1 or Type 5 camo, the rating goes up to 87. Both provide the same bonus (-3 %), so the concealment rating should not change in any way. But the game does not take the already provided bonus into account.

I already noticed that some month ago, but I couldn't find any topic about that on the forum. Is no one aware of that bug?

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

concealment ratings arent accurate measure of concealment. check real concealment with actual numbers (you can see them in ship details, just expand concealment)

[-PTA-]
[-PTA-]
Players
21 posts
6,563 battles

I know that the rating is not a reliable indicator. But the bug I mentioned indicates to the player that applying a different cammo would further improve concealment, although this is not the case. This bug can confuse players and should be removed in my opinion. This bug may also be a reason why you see quite a lot players that don't use the individual premium camo of their premium ship, but instead chose a different one that actually costs credits.

[CAIN]
Players
5,198 posts
24,764 battles

This "bug" is for quite some time now in the game.

It seems, when you have a camo applied to your ship that gives a bonus to detection, it adds the bonus of another camo to your detection range.

Might be confusing, but nothing really gamebreaking.

Sign in to follow this