T0rad

New Orleans turret upgrade

19 comments in this topic

[SAP]
Players
216 posts
2,054 battles

Ahoy skippers,

I was just wondering - in your opinion is it worth it to upgrade turrets on NO? the bonus seems bit marginal on paper, maybe even non existent due to increased traverse speed. Or is there any other hidden bonus to it? 

New Orleans.png

Players
2,928 posts
6,315 battles

The increased turret traverse doesn't do anything really since it's still the best traverse for a 203mm gun armed ship either way. It's still easily fast enough to aim at full turn and that's saying something on such a nimble ship. The rate of fire also isn't hugely noticeable, but I got the upgrade anyway. It's Myoko RoF instead of Pensacola RoF, up to you if that makes enough difference. If you're dueling another cruiser for a long time it can add up.

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,523 posts
12,273 battles

What about velocity or penetration? We can't see penetration figures ingame, so that is a shame, but maybe the velocity is better? Either way I would probably get it anyways. You are probably going to spend a bit of time with the ship and like you said, there might be some hidden bonus to it.

[SAP]
Players
216 posts
2,054 battles

What about velocity or penetration? We can't see penetration figures ingame, so that is a shame, but maybe the velocity is better? Either way I would probably get it anyways. You are probably going to spend a bit of time with the ship and like you said, there might be some hidden bonus to it.

Well thats why im asking :) A have lot of ship trees and im always somewhat short on credits, so i have to think up fron. I even gave up some trees just because i could not spend few mil on them. Was it useless upgrade, id save the credits. 

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,449 posts
7,711 battles

I got it and I would not like to miss the -1s reload, just a feeling but for me who plans on keeping the NO the credits and XP were well spend.

NO is a well balanced ship that has a lot of punch in its 8'' guns. Love it even when I have some crappy games when I am too aggressive. My stats reflect that a bit.

[SAP]
Players
216 posts
2,054 battles

I got it and I would not like to miss the -1s reload, just a feeling but for me who plans on keeping the NO the credits and XP were well spend.

NO is a well balanced ship that has a lot of punch in its 8'' guns. Love it even when I have some crappy games when I am too aggressive. My stats reflect that a bit.

Frankly id like Balti more, maybe even Des Moines, so i dont plan on keeping the ship. 

Players
2,928 posts
6,315 battles

The shells are listed as the same type, and the velocities are the same, so I assume there are no hidden stats there. Normally when a gun change comes with an increase in penetration/normalisation the shell name changes (this happens for Baltimore that gets slower but stronger AP shells on gun upgrade).

[SCRUB]
Players, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,462 posts
5,363 battles

To be honest I think it will make a good increase to the ship's support DPM where you get to lay down the hurt onto enemy targets that aren't looking at you. The turn time reduction doesn't seem dramatic, and the increased rate of fire allows you to outgun same tier cruisers. I'm gonna take it once I have researched it.

Players
1,593 posts
8,797 battles

NO is a well balanced ship that has a lot of punch in its 8'' guns. 

that explain a lot her terrible overal performance :trollface:

[SCRUB]
3,462 posts
5,363 battles

that explain a lot her terrible overal performance :trollface:

She's a shell magnet that gets citadeleed by BB's looking her way.

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles

She's a shell magnet that gets citadeleed by BB's looking her way.

and has just enough armor for every hit you take from BB do deal heavy damage -.-'

coupled with her low hp pool, you are either undetected, or dead really fast...

Beta Tester
704 posts
2,406 battles

Just got this ship, it can't be any worse than the Pensacola surely?

[MAASS]
Beta Tester
420 posts
7,601 battles

You lads don't like the NOrleans?

She's great! I've got mine all speced for AA but even with no CVs around she HE-wreck DDs and AP-delete cruisers. It's fast, it moves great and has 66% of the firepower right at the front, so you can maintain good angling without sacrificing half your firepower. 

Sure, it's not a BB and can't tank - but surely you learned that while playing the much softer Pensa. 

Players
1,593 posts
8,797 battles

wu tu fu ? Dont like NOrleans? I love her, worst T8 ship but still in love!

spect AA is the only solution bcs without it NOrleans cant defend herself against CV (I remebmer times when US CAs had value in good AA)

HE wreck DDs? With what? Secondary armanent? It takes avarage 30 HE hits to take down T8+ DD, you know US HEs arent the best and you have this thing called dispersion, like when you are shooting stoped DD at short range in smoke, bcs radar OP, half of your shots will miss bcs US guns arent the best so OK we made some dmg to enemy DD and now we need to wait 14s for next shot, so as you can see NOrleans is literaly reckting DDs by sight...

"AP-delete cruisers" in New Orleans, wait I need to...think abou it...

giphy.gif

srsly how many Devastating Strikes you have in NOrleans? (DDs detonations doesnt count)

to be fair US APs have a punch, you can punish broadside cruisers with 10k salvos and are potent even against broadside BBs

but deleting cruiser is something what happen, when you are sailing in your NO broadside to enemy Amagi at 12km and she just targeted you

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles

wu tu fu ? Dont like NOrleans? I love her, worst T8 ship but still in love!

spect AA is the only solution bcs without it NOrleans cant defend herself against CV (I remebmer times when US CAs had value in good AA)

HE wreck DDs? With what? Secondary armanent? It takes avarage 30 HE hits to take down T8+ DD, you know US HEs arent the best and you have this thing called dispersion, like when you are shooting stoped DD at short range in smoke, bcs radar OP, half of your shots will miss bcs US guns arent the best so OK we made some dmg to enemy DD and now we need to wait 14s for next shot, so as you can see NOrleans is literaly reckting DDs by sight...

"AP-delete cruisers" in New Orleans, wait I need to...think abou it...

giphy.gif

srsly how many Devastating Strikes you have in NOrleans? (DDs detonations doesnt count)

to be fair US APs have a punch, you can punish broadside cruisers with 10k salvos and are potent even against broadside BBs

but deleting cruiser is something what happen, when you are sailing in your NO broadside to enemy Amagi at 12km and she just targeted you

1 IIRC, and that was on enemy Aoba...

tldr version: you aren't good DD hunter because of arcs/high reload bla bla bla, but you have radar so you can hope that your team will focus highlighted dd...

you have good AA

you suck at fighting anything past 13 km

your strongest point is using your concealment to get 10km away from enemy cruiser and say hello with full salvo of freedom bringing AP into their broadside, then turning your bow towards them and bouncing most of their shells off...

and hoping enemy BB won't delete you while ur doing that...

• Cool 1

Players
1,593 posts
8,797 battles

your strongest point is using your concealment to get 10km away from enemy cruiser and say hello with full salvo of freedom bringing AP into their broadside, then turning your bow towards them and bouncing most of their 

you forget to mention that its only work against lower or same tier cruisers

[SCRUB]
3,462 posts
5,363 battles

Arguing with S4h3L is the most pointless thing after trying to reason with geralt on this forum.

Sign in to follow this