Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Takikoma

Inter-ship fire extinguishing

5 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
2,141 battles

Hi all.  When I play I always think how can I best assist our team in winning. Either taking caps in dd's, providing AA and shooting anything that's red! but have had an idea to introduce an additional game mechanic that perhaps might increase team coordination & communication.

My idea would if a ship was on fire, a nearby ship could assist in extinguishing the fire, either totally autonomous action, or a manual module activated  by the player with its own cooldown, to stop it becoming too OP.  Certain ships could have various firefighting capabilities etc.

Ship assisting in the fire fighting would gain experience/credits and ship on fire saving a ship having to use it's repair ability.

I'm unaware if this inter-ship support has any historically accuracy in wartime, but I'm sure WG could make allowances if it's for the benefit for the game.  So do you think this could be a viable addition to the game we love and sometimes hate?!

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,147 posts
16,279 battles

Im not sure if its very realistic for that to happen in a combat situation. My suggestion would be that oyu have something called "manpower". You can choose to let your crew work on fire ex., plugging flooding or man secondaries and AA. So basically you could make them extinguis fires faster, you woundt have AA guns manned thou and so on.

Players
2 posts
2,141 battles

So your talking something similar to personnel distribution? Actually I totally forgot that my idea meant it wouldn't be your ships personnel moving across to assist, but using large water cannons. You see them in ship ceremonial manoeuvres, but I assume warships had these in place to put out there own or to assist others in fire extinguishing?

Beta Tester
5,342 posts
2,957 battles

So your talking something similar to personnel distribution? Actually I totally forgot that my idea meant it wouldn't be your ships personnel moving across to assist, but using large water cannons. You see them in ship ceremonial manoeuvres, but I assume warships had these in place to put out there own or to assist others in fire extinguishing?

inb4 accidental ramms

They can only implement this if both ships stop to use this function(should take at least 10-20 secs) 

Players
140 posts
14,159 battles

When you spray a powerful hose over the side it very quickly looses its thrust and reach is minimal, therefore to be effective you have to get close, you could use small boats to help transfer manpower but the ship on fire may not even have HP salt water main so that means rafting up and route hoses from ship to ship.

The worst thing about fire on ship is the smoke and you have to contain it spraying all 6 sides of the cube shaped compartment.

Sign in to follow this