Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
meezul

What happened to AA?

15 comments in this topic

Players
54 posts
7,806 battles

Since the latest patch, i seem unable to shoot down any planes. My Fuso has an AA rating of 59, and at best i shoot down 1 plane from any attack, more often than not 0 planes. Likewise my Budyonny which i've set up for AA. Previously i could shoot down around a third of any planes that attacked me. Now i'm a sitting duck and not very happy about it.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,870 posts
9,892 battles

AA range is by far the most important stat. Doesn't matter if you have high DPS if it's only affecting planes for a couple of seconds each attack.

This is the main reason why a ship like the Nagato, despite recent AA buffs still can't shoot down anything.

The disparity between long range AA ships and short range AA ships is huge. The former are untouchable and the latter can't do anything against planes.

Edited by Nechrom

[KLUNJ]
[KLUNJ]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
11,772 battles

its all about the range pal so try and get aft in fuso

Players
54 posts
7,806 battles

My range is 7.2km in the fuso as i've poured everything into AA, perks, modules, flags etc. Perhaps i need to repeat that before the patch i was shooting down planes, after the patch i am not. There is a distinct difference. It also applies to my other ships too.

Equally, i am not asking for a buff or nerf, i just want to know what is different?

Edited by meezul

[KLUNJ]
[KLUNJ]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
11,772 battles

nothing is worse than it was before

infact its got a damn lot better for aa in bbs so whatever your feeling about not shooting down as many is probably just not having as many idiot cv captains now who don't waste time dropping torps on you

cv numbers I personally feel have gone down a lot and the "noob" cv captain seems to be rare (unless they are on my team)

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,052 posts
8,765 battles

My range is 7.2km in the fuso as i've poured everything into AA, perks, modules, flags etc. Perhaps i need to repeat that before the patch i was shooting down planes, after the patch i am not. There is a distinct difference. It also applies to my other ships too.

Equally, i am not asking for a buff or nerf, i just want to know what is different?

You could have been facing Lexingtons and Saipans but never really noticed them. A Fuso, even with best possible AA setup will not really do much against them if they don't linger inside the aura.

Players
54 posts
7,806 battles

No, i notice the ships i'm fighting against straight away, only a fool wouldn't check out the competition.

It could just be a run of bad luck, coincidental that it happened immediately after the patch, i'd like to know which so i can either moan about nerfs/buffs or burn down the local church and swear my eternal loyalty to satan.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
1,924 battles

The answer is simple. Japanese ships. Their AA is some of the worst out there (a few can shine), so if you want to be untouchable by planes, pick a US ship or something else.

Pretty much everything is better than IJN ships when it comes to AA.

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,521 posts
12,273 battles

Meh I don't really bother with the Fusos AA. AFT is often enough and with some awarness planes are not that annoying. If anything the AA needs a general nerf to what it used to be a while back, where dedicated AA ships where good enough and ships with less AA got smashed. Nowadays the ships with good AA are almost untouchable and the ships that used to have bad AA are almost as good as the previous dedicated AA ships.

Players
54 posts
7,806 battles

Ok, after a 30 game run of crappiness, it seems to have sorted itself out. Seems i was a victim of the fickle beast that is RNG.

Sorry St.Gwynans, your time has come.

Hail satan.

Edited by meezul

Sign in to follow this