Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Userext

Base Cap: Devs did good!

41 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
5,342 posts
2,957 battles

Just wanted to show my appreciation about how they implemented base cap and its reward

I was in a battle with my mutsuki where i capped 3 diffrent bases and killed a cruiser. Due to my bravery we won and i received 2k experience. This might not sound too much to you but it is important to me. It means that base capture does matter now.

shot-16.06.29_11.59.11-0575.jpgshot-16.06.29_11.59.16-0866.jpgshot-16.06.29_11.59.21-0513.jpgshot-16.06.29_11.59.26-0830.jpg

For the bored people if you want to be bored to death

http://wowreplays.com/Replay/10572

shot-16.06.29_11.59.11-0575.jpg

shot-16.06.29_11.59.16-0866.jpg

shot-16.06.29_11.59.21-0513.jpg

shot-16.06.29_11.59.26-0830.jpg

Weekend Tester
1,677 posts
18,664 battles

I would add that besides XP, it also gives tons of credits, much more than damage done or ships sunk.

So yeah, fully agree with you mate, good decision by WG.

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles

is that actually something new?

thats currently my biggest problem with ranked games and the "best player not loosing star" thing...

for 1 base cap that DD gets, you need to kill 4 enemies, earn high caliber, confederate, deal 150k damage in a battle to find out you are 100 xp short behind that DD while driving a BB...

• Cool 6

Beta Tester
5,342 posts
2,957 battles

thats currently my biggest problem with ranked games and the "best player not loosing star" thing...

for 1 base cap that DD gets, you need to kill 4 enemies, earn high caliber, confederate, deal 150k damage in a battle to find out you are 100 xp short behind that DD while driving a BB...

Damage used to be more important. I dont know when they implemented this(was away for 10 months) but this was needed to make objectives more important. Also 1 base cap doesnt bring that much exp. Its probably 600-700 exp per cap.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles

That's just... blatantly untrue. I played only a couple Ranked battles last two days, one of them was a defeat in my Błyskawica and - surprise - I ended up on top despite not capping anything - I happened to be the one who went to check out the "wrong" cap and had to retreat without even getting in.

I did, however, land a couple torpedoes, did decent damage to some enemy DD or two - and that was enough to put me comfortably in 1st place of our loosing team...

Basically, if you see a DD on top and say "he just capped" despite you yourself having a decent game, I guarantte you that he either:

1. Capped much more than just that one base.

or

2. Did much more than just capping.

The "much more" can mean a lot of damage to enemy DDs (damage against DDs is rewarded appropriately higher than scraping the paint off some BB despite getting supposedly the same damage numbers), multiple de-caping shots in defense of the cap, some torpedoes landed on bigger enemies. Capping definitely IS rewarded significantly but not nearly enough to secure 1st place alone, unless the rest of the team really, and I mean REALLY sucks this game.

Edited by eliastion
  • Cool 1

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles

That's just... blatantly untrue. I played only a couple Ranked battles last two days, one of them was a defeat in my Błyskawica and - surprise - I ended up on top despite not capping anything - I happened to be the one who went to check out the "wrong" cap and had to retreat without even getting in.

I did, however, land a couple torpedoes, did decent damage to some enemy DD or two - and that was enough to put me comfortably in 1st place of our loosing team...

Basically, if you see a DD on top and say "he just capped" despite you yourself having a decent game, I guarantte you that he either:

1. Capped much more than just that one base.

or

2. Did much more than just capping.

The "much more" can mean a lot of damage to enemy DDs (damage against DDs is rewarded appropriately higher than scraping the paint off some BB despite getting supposedly the same damage numbers), multiple de-caping shots in defense of the cap, some torpedoes landed on bigger enemies. Capping definitely IS rewarded significantly but not nearly enough to secure 1st place alone, unless the rest of the team really, and I mean REALLY sucks this game.

I know my post was exaggerated, but now you saw his example of doing 10k damage and capping 3 points netting him 2k base xp...

thats probably ~600 base xp per base capped.

You know how much damage/kills you should get with Fuso (both are t6) to get you 2k base xp? I'm not talking about scrapping the paint off BB, I'm talking about real numbers.

example of 2500 base xp with amagi:

shot-16.06.17_13.17.27-0388.jpgshot-16.06.17_13.17.31-0965.jpg

and IIRC (correct me if I'm wrong, I seriously don't know for sure) higher tier ships gain a bit more base xp then lower tier for same thing?

shot-16.06.17_13.17.27-0388.jpg

shot-16.06.17_13.17.31-0965.jpg

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
231 posts
4,471 battles

They wanted to buff cap rewards to the moon and now they´re on mars...

Since then cap battles became really intense. I kinda like it but as said above: it creates a little xp balancing problem in ranked.

A cap circle can change hands multiple times, a ship can only sink once.

Edited by el_bloom

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,052 posts
8,765 battles

and IIRC (correct me if I'm wrong, I seriously don't know for sure) higher tier ships gain a bit more base xp then lower tier for same thing?

They do. Getting 3k base XP in a T4 is rather hard, in T10 it is still hard but a lot more common.

Beta Tester
5,342 posts
2,957 battles

I know my post was exaggerated, but now you saw his example of doing 10k damage and capping 3 points netting him 2k base xp...

thats probably ~600 base xp per base capped.

You know how much damage/kills you should get with Fuso (both are t6) to get you 2k base xp? I'm not talking about scrapping the paint off BB, I'm talking about real numbers.

example of 2500 base xp with amagi:

Well i killed a cruiser with one torp and itsjustafleshwound award aswell as getting base defence. BUT i should state that ranked battles' exp system is diffrent than standart battle.

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles

Well i killed a cruiser with one torp and itsjustafleshwound award aswell as getting base defence. BUT i should state that ranked battles' exp system is diffrent than standart battle.

yes you got the kill, but did 10k damage to him, aka 1/3 of his hp, so its not like you took him out in a single salvo from full hp.

and I've shown you that Amagi screenshot, now imagine what should Fuso do to earn 2k base xp... (hint: a lot more then taking out 1/3 of someones hp)...

thats my whole point. every ranked game I have to kill half of their team alone with BB to even hope to get top score, aka to even have a chance to compete with that DD. (unless my team is completely braindead and all of them did 0 dmg/0 caps)

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
5,342 posts
2,957 battles

yes you got the kill, but did 10k damage to him, aka 1/3 of his hp, so its not like you took him out in a single salvo from full hp.

and I've shown you that Amagi screenshot, now imagine what should Fuso do to earn 2k base xp... (hint: a lot more then taking out 1/3 of someones hp)...

thats my whole point. every ranked game I have to kill half of their team alone with BB to even hope to get top score, aka to even have a chance to compete with that DD. (unless my team is completely braindead and all of them did 0 dmg/0 caps)

Well i guess you dont know but doing 1/3 of damage to any kind of ship will bring the more or less same exp and credit(considering each type is at the same tier)

Also WG rewards playing the objective because you win by objective not by killing(most of the time) Like in my battle. My team wasnt good and we were losing by numbers of ships. But because we played the objective we won. Oh i forgot capping a point isnt easy at all. You cant just sit there and cap. After all killing a DD equals same amount of exp and credit killing a BB at the same tier

Players
1,202 posts
8,169 battles

I would add that besides XP, it also gives tons of credits, much more than damage done or ships sunk.

Capping gives a lot of XP, but not a lot of credits. 200k credits in a 2k base XP game is a very low income for a premium account.

I've also saved screenshots from three very different Mutsuki games several months ago (all of them with premium account). 

- capping, no damage: 2346 base XP, 202k credits

- damage, no capping: 2615 base XP, 425k credits

- the balanced approach: 3060 base XP, 416k credits

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles

Well i guess you dont know but doing 1/3 of damage to any kind of ship will bring the more or less same exp and credit(considering each type is at the same tier)

Also WG rewards playing the objective because you win by objective not by killing(most of the time) Like in my battle. My team wasnt good and we were losing by numbers of ships. But because we played the objective we won. Oh i forgot capping a point isnt easy at all. You cant just sit there and cap. After all killing a DD equals same amount of exp and credit killing a BB at the same tier

You don't say :rolleyes:

and what do you think, why did I say you only took 1/3 of his hp, and not full hp kill? You said you killed him, I said yes, but you only did 1/3 of his hp. If you did full damage to him, you would get more exp... logic...

and while you are at it, I can see that you worked hard for that caps, and did shitton of damage to enemy DDs, even killed 4 of them :rolleyes:

once again, you are missing my point. IN RANKED GAMES YOU GET TOO MUCH XP FOR CAP. especially when on half of maps because of the spawns and the layout of the map, all of the team goes 1 cap, the other team goes 2nd cap, and you get 1 cap (load of xp) for free. The rest of classes need to take out half of their team to be able to compete with a DD that capped something...

Beta Tester
5,342 posts
2,957 battles

shameless gave you the best answer i guess. I doubt you get too much exp in ranked for cap. If you do why dont you cap too?

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles

shameless gave you the best answer i guess. I doubt you get too much exp in ranked for cap. If you do why dont you cap too?

ah, was eagerly awaiting for this "argument"

Beta Tester
5,342 posts
2,957 battles

ah, was eagerly awaiting for this "argument"

I m in a sims tier 7 USN destroyer(premium ship) i did nearly the same amount of exp. So here is your answer. 1 cap equals to whatever i damaged there. Happy now? 38k is your answer

shot-16.06.29_18.50.19-0568.jpgshot-16.06.29_18.50.22-0496.jpgshot-16.06.29_18.50.24-0200.jpgshot-16.06.29_18.50.30-0474.jpgshot-16.06.29_18.50.31-0297.jpg

You sounded too whiney i couldnt help saying that

shot-16.06.29_18.50.19-0568.jpg

shot-16.06.29_18.50.22-0496.jpg

shot-16.06.29_18.50.24-0200.jpg

shot-16.06.29_18.50.30-0474.jpg

shot-16.06.29_18.50.31-0297.jpg

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles

I m in a sims tier 7 USN destroyer(premium ship) i did nearly the same amount of exp. So here is your answer. 1 cap equals to whatever i damaged there. Happy now? 38k is your answer

shot-16.06.29_18.50.19-0568.jpgshot-16.06.29_18.50.22-0496.jpgshot-16.06.29_18.50.24-0200.jpgshot-16.06.29_18.50.30-0474.jpgshot-16.06.29_18.50.31-0297.jpg

You sounded too whiney i couldnt help saying that

well thats an argument that we can talk about.

soooo lets try to do some math (tell me if I f**k something up):

1/3 of pensacola hp

1/2 minekaze

1/5 myoko

and lets round up everything else to 1/2 of some other ship...

thats ~ 1 and a half kill (total hp) + 2 base caps + bonus xp for kill for 2200 base xp

if you take out 1 bonus kill xp, you can say that 1 base cap ~ 1 and a half full hp ship of damage for destroyers.

now I don't know is there a different formula on how much BB would get from the same amount of damage done (1 and a half ship killed)

Beta Tester
5,342 posts
2,957 battles

well thats an argument that we can talk about.

soooo lets try to do some math (tell me if I f**k something up):

1/3 of pensacola hp

1/2 minekaze

1/5 myoko

and lets round up everything else to 1/2 of some other ship...

thats ~ 1 and a half kill (total hp) + 2 base caps + bonus xp for kill for 2200 base xp

if you take out 1 bonus kill xp, you can say that 1 base cap ~ 1 and a half full hp ship of damage for destroyers.

now I don't know is there a different formula on how much BB would get from the same amount of damage done (1 and a half ship killed)

But dont forget i did 10k damage at the other one(1/3 of a ship+ i defended the cap but lets forget abotu that for now) so its safe to say that a little bit over the 1 ship kill is enough to compansate for 1 cap.  There isnt a much diffrent formula. They basically said before that you get exp&credits based on the % of damage you did not the actual number

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles

But dont forget i did 10k damage at the other one(1/3 of a ship+ i defended the cap but lets forget abotu that for now) so its safe to say that a little bit over the 1 ship kill is enough to compansate for 1 cap.  There isnt a much diffrent formula. They basically said before that you get exp&credits based on the % of damage you did not the actual number

thats why I was taking only % into account, not numbers.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles

When "whole team goes one cap" then there are usually 2-3 capping ships so this argument doesn't hold water.

The only situation where there is a full "free" cap is when there are few DDs and one of them goes to some cap where no enemies went.

Edited by eliastion

Beta Tester
5,342 posts
2,957 battles

thats why I was taking only % into account, not numbers.

i said that about your question "now I don't know is there a different formula on how much BB would get from the same amount of damage done" 

So my question do you find 1 cap equal to 1 and 1/5 damage?

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles

i said that about your question "now I don't know is there a different formula on how much BB would get from the same amount of damage done" 

So my question do you find 1 cap equal to 1 and 1/5 damage?

what I mean is, IIRC (again, correct me if I'm wrong), DDs get bonus xp for capping. you get bonus xp for manually targeting planes. so I don't know if you get some other bonuses like killing DD in a cruiser or whatever.

and you got 1 kill in 1 game, and 2 kills in 2nd, thats why I took out that 1 kill bonus in my "math try" :teethhappy:

Beta Tester
5,342 posts
2,957 battles

what I mean is, IIRC (again, correct me if I'm wrong), DDs get bonus xp for capping. you get bonus xp for manually targeting planes. so I don't know if you get some other bonuses like killing DD in a cruiser or whatever.

and you got 1 kill in 1 game, and 2 kills in 2nd, thats why I took out that 1 kill bonus in my "math try" :teethhappy:

You dont get extra bonus for hitting a diffrent type of ship(as far as we know) or your "natural" hunter. Also i didnt quite understand the "you get bonus for manually targetting planes" you never get a bonus for manually targetting a ship for your secondary or a squadron for your AA. 

And i have to ask again do you find a cap exp equal to 1+1/5 of damage to enemy?

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles

You dont get extra bonus for hitting a diffrent type of ship(as far as we know) or your "natural" hunter. Also i didnt quite understand the "you get bonus for manually targetting planes" you never get a bonus for manually targetting a ship for your secondary or a squadron for your AA. 

And i have to ask again do you find a cap exp equal to 1+1/5 of damage to enemy?

from what I know, you get more xp for capping as DD, and you get more xp for shooting down planes when manually targeting them.

and from that 2 examples, if we take kill xp in account (killing nets you 15% hp pool bonus xp iirc), that means that in first case you got:

0.45 hp (lets round it up to 0.5) + 3 caps = 2000 xp

2nd case:

1.8 hp + 2 caps = 2200 xp

that roughly translates to:

0.45 h + 3 b = 2000
1.8 h + 2 b = 2200

0.5x + 3 y = 2000

1x + 6y = 4000

1.8x + 2 y = 2200

x = 4000 - 6y

1.8 x (4000 - 6y) + 2y = 2200

7200 - 10.8y+2y = 2200
7200 - 8.8y = 2200
-8.8y = -5000
y = 568 (rounded it up to 0.5, so we can round it up back to 550 now)

1x + 6x568 = 4000
1x + 3400 = 4000
x = 600

so from this example its 600 xp for base cap and 550 xp for a kill, and that is ~1.1 so yea, with all the rounding up and shizzle, we can agree its 1.2 or something inbetween those lines.

(sorry for not replying yesterday, was too late for math xD)

Sign in to follow this