MrConway

General Feedback

58 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,410 posts
4,376 battles

Please leave any general feedback on version 0.5.8 here.

If your feedback is concerning one of the following topics, please leave the feedback in the respective thread:

• Cool 1

[BOTES]
[BOTES]
Players
7 posts
12,918 battles

The "damage counter" finally appears during the game and is updated in real time.

Does this update "through" detection, so in a situation where you are shooting at a ship, the ship then becomes undetected, and you hit them, will the damage counter update?

[IAN]
Players
36 posts
5,798 battles

Hi

Iam lit of bit frustated now 85% of game play whith Pink player not fun at all, i saw team dmg or just banzaii so destroyed the game.

Plane from CV must be **** bugg i call back plane but they suck into enemy fighters and die fast as hell, play VI vs VIII CV is not fun at all you can forget fair game

If you play VI BB vs VII,VIII BB just must whach the fight or banzaii in fight to reach them, How do you think there ?????

Players
2 posts
1,168 battles

Will we see any harsher punishments to AFK players?

These cause a solid 40% of battle determinations and are clearly intentional, while team damage is rare and often accidental.

Also is there any chance to see a more restricted MM in T5-7?

Currently I'm seeing far too many T7 matches in my T5 ships and it's just pushing me to grind in ranked mode where I know the max tier is capped...

Edit: Whilst I remember, also hoping to see a "hits friendly" marker like the "hits land" one... in case someone brushes close whilst scoped in on something 15k+ away

Edited by BlackVirtue
  • Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,404 posts
33,576 battles

Ok, my 2 cents on the damage counter and damage/shell icons in the UI. The way they are laid out they (if you get a few different icons) overlap team panels. Please take not of the mods (by monstrofil for instance) that have the damage counters away from the area of the team panels. Attached image is an example.

damage.jpg

Also, they look too 'cartoonish' with those pastel colours. The original icons were better by a long chalk.

damage.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
187 posts
6,035 battles

Once again im here about the ranked battles. 

Because the new system for no star loss on top XP, premium base XP modifiers break the game into a pay to win sistem.

Meaning you have to do 1 of 2 things:

1.Remove the current system where TOP xp on losing team gets no star loss

2.Create a XP system for ranked.

Since premium ships get more base XP just because they are premiums is disgusting and unacceptable in ranked. 

One would think WG dev would be smart enough to just adjust the premium camo XP bonus to compensate......initially thats why i thought they added premium camo to the premium ships, looks like i was wrong.

WoWs Wiki Team, Players, Sailing Hamster, Modder
1,625 posts
2,725 battles

Found this on a news site :p 

Anyone got more Information?

Additions

• Tier 3 premium German battleship König Albert added
  • Tier 4 German battleship Kaiser added
  • Tier 7 (premium?) German battleship Scharnhorst added
  • Tier 7 premium USN cruiser Flint added
  • Tier 9 premium USN destroyer Black added
  • Placeholder data for ARP Takao added
  • Ar 196C and Fw 62 spotter planes added
  • Shell data for German battleships added

[INDIA]
Players
5 posts
27,565 battles

Hi,

How much exchange credit we getting on the test account for the PT 0.5.8? I hope its 1,000,000,000, but i receive only 100,000,000 exchange credits.

User Name: V_J_2015.

• Cool 1

Players
36 posts
11,510 battles

Hi,

How much exchange credit we getting on the test account for the PT 0.5.8? I hope its 1,000,000,000, but i receive only 100,000,000 exchange credits.

User Name: V_J_2015.

Yeah same here

• Cool 1

Players
185 posts
18,255 battles

I've only received 100.000.000 as well. That's way too little to be able to buy what I want and not bakrupt myself in tier 10 battles! Last time we had 1000.000.000, and I still used 400.000.000 on ships, upgrades and tier 10 battles.

I hope we don't have to farm the money to be able to play? I'm broke now. :(

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
78 posts
4,653 battles

Me too. I just got one Tier X ship and a Tier 8 one and I'm down to 35 millions credits. That's not nice...

Beta Tester
872 posts
4,381 battles

Go to one tier 10, play it to earn freexp, convert with gold and research directly any other toer 10, maybye with one battle at tier 5 woth premium camo. Today i bought 2 tier 10.

Beta Tester
84 posts
9,977 battles

The text message for friendly damage is a bit to much i think. Every time two ships bounces into each other the chat gets flooded with pink text about damage done and it is totally drowning the relevant information.

• Cool 2

Players
6 posts

Crash crash crash Public test keeps crashing I'm upgrading a ship crash in game crash loading for game crash end of game crash....

[TMCB]
Players
247 posts
15,069 battles

Damage counter updated in real time.. that is something with i wanted to have from long time. Another mod to be removed.

Can we also get in-game clock somewhere (we have now in port, what about in game one) ?

[TTTX]
Players
1,841 posts
7,432 battles

14 battles played so far on the public test server, not a single bastion game. If you're introducing a new game mode, please make it more likely to happen on the public test server.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
5 posts

like the others, bankrupt after one unlocked thech tree. we cant test anything without money.

Edited by Lotax

Beta Tester
67 posts
6,461 battles

It would be better to test ships and general gameplay if deliberate team killers were banned, as it ruins those who wish to test the new patch.

[PISTN]
[PISTN]
Players
278 posts
5,137 battles

I am no doubt blind but can no longer find where the 058 PT Release notes are! Could someone kindly point me towards them, thanks. :)

[PISTN]
[PISTN]
Players
278 posts
5,137 battles

Thanks but read that already. :)

Is there not a more detailed set of notes covering everything, including situational awareness, the sound changes etc etc?

Players
9 posts
3,124 battles

Everytime i hit the "Connect" button my client freezes... i can move the mouse pointer but nothing happens. only killing with task-manager helps. I have this prob since 5.7 (only on test server).

i tried several redownloading and a fresh installation but everytime the same thing. aswell as clicking the "add to firewall" button. didn't help either.

any clue what i can do?

Edited by SynapticBass

Alpha Tester
236 posts
7,111 battles

They will update other aspects (like CV's) in the future:

Now for the actual test: I can only say : Nice that you finaly upgrade older ship tree's to a nearly finished state. You are still missing the fact that armor is twice as effective as it is thick, yet patches like that will come in time(just like in WOT where you want to force people in to point blank to dynamicaly fight like in a certain anime and not like at the moment : Camping on long range only). Things like the fortresses and Radar will be a nice addition especiel when they start working (like detecting ships or actualy hit them), would suggest that the major capping player gets the scouting and dmg from the fortresses as a little revard for actualy rushing in and taking controll of the cap point. All in all, this patch is finaly, after one year of (sry) Bull***, something to look forward to. I was in the alpha test, where you had 2 HP bars, you droped it because dunno. You droped Takao as T8 CA and Maya as T10 where she belongs (as she was the final upgrade of the Takao class , the best CA in the world during WW2), hell you droped your try of being able to beach the ship and still being able to shoot after one as defeated already (given you would sink wich is imposible if you actualy drive onto a beach). You had big plans and this patch finaly gives a glimps of that you want to change things to the better. Keep it up and dont fail at it.

[GRHNP]
Players
123 posts
32,991 battles

Very well come to the balance fixes and new updates and maps.

To my opinion the only bad think is in some cases the battle and to early.