Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
daki

PT 0.5.8 announced

101 comments in this topic

Weekend Tester
1,677 posts
18,664 battles

http://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/public-test-058/

The Public Test will be running from 28 June at 18:30 CEST until 4 July at 15:00 CEST.

What to expect in Public Test 0.5.8?

Bastion Game Mode

To provide gameplay diversity during high-Tier battles, we have come up with a game mode called "Bastion". Available only on the "Atlantic" map for now, this mode will have you assaulting or defending onshore installations, such as forts and strategic stations like radars or smaller fortifications. Neutralising or capturing these will net you Domination points, so it should be familiar to all who have tried "Domination" battles at higher Tiers.

New Maps for Tiers VII-X

The ever expanding roster of new environments to battle in will be joined by two diverse maps for high-Tier clashes.

Enhanced Amour Models for Cruisers

While the Soviet and German cruisers have been modelled quite recently, and therefore with better precision, the Japanese and American models were a bit lacking in that department. Not for long! Your favourite cruisers in the US and Japanese tech-trees are getting a well deserved facelift!

New Ribbons

Your deeds on the battlefield will now be tracked with even more detail, including ricochets, over penetrations, non-penetrations etc. The "damage counter" finally appears during the game and is updated in real time.

Improved Matchmaker

The Matchmaker is the game component responsible for selecting the composition of both teams in the battle. With the overhauled system, we are now aiming to have the number of top-Tier ships in battle strictly balanced.

In version 0.5.8, we are launching a new and improved matchmaker for the Random Battles mode. The purpose of this change is to exclude situations when players could immediately guess the outcome of a battle by the composition of the teams, and to make confrontations more honest.

The features of the new matchmaker are as follows:

• Situations when opposing teams appeared to have different number of players were completely excluded;
  • Aircraft carriers in opposing teams will continue to belong to the same tier;
  • In every battle, we have "battle tiers", i.e. the maximum tier of a ship for a given battle. Ships of tiers corresponding to the tier of the battle are called "tops" or "top ships". The following rules will apply to them:
  • Permissible difference in the number of divisions between the teams is limited and now equals 1;
  • Permissible difference in the number of destroyers between the teams is limited and now equals 1;
  • Permissible difference in the number of battleships between the teams is limited and now equals 1;
  • Permissible difference in the number of cruisers between the teams is limited and now equals 2;
  • For each type, the number of top ships will be strictly symmetrical. For example, if in a Tier VIII battle one team has two Tier VIII battleships, two Tier IX cruisers and one Tier VIII destroyer, the other team would also have two Tier VIII battleships, two Tier IX cruisers and one Tier VIII destroyer;

The above rule also applies to battleships belonging to a Tier that is one step lower than the Tier of the battle. For example, if in a Tier VIII battle one team has one Tier VII battleship, the other team would also have one Tier VII battleship.

We also recommend addressing some of the things that have to be tested to determine whether they're necessary or not:

• The new matchmaker logic does not provide for any 'mixing' of ships by nation, i.e. theoretically, there could be a situation where three Japanese destroyers will encounter three U.S. ones;
  • If it takes too long to assemble teams for a battle for whatever reason, battles may be fought between teams with incomplete lineup (11х11, 10х10 etc.);
  • Balancing the lowest Tier ships outside of their type is allowed. For example, a tier VIII battle could involve a Tier VI destroyer against a Tier VI battleship;
  • Balancing two same-type ships with enemy ships of adjacent Tiers is allowed if they are not in the top of the team and if they are not battleships. For example, in a Tier VIII battle, a Tier VI cruiser could find herself against a Tier VII cruiser on the opposing team;
  • Divisions may include ships of various tiers (low-tier ships are allowed to divisions with high-tier ships);

What resources will you get on the Public Test server?

• Tier IV ships will be invoiced to all players at the start of the test.

• Research prices of Tier V ships and further will be significantly lowered, so that players can easily reach the top Tiers in just a few battles.

• Research prices for modules will be discounted.

• Account Level 12 upon the first login.

• Premium Account for 7 days upon the first login.

• 30,000 Doubloons so as to be able to easily redistribute commander skills and use Premium consumables.

• 1,000,000,000 Credits so you can get anything in the game.

• Assorted signal flags for testing.

Please note that resources from the previous Public Tests have been wiped.

Players
378 posts
3,418 battles

Am I the only one who really doesn't like how the new ribbons look? Sure I like the feature with the bounce, penetrations etc but I just think the ribbons themselves look rubbish now

• Cool 2

[STARS]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
215 posts
14,864 battles

Am I the only one who really doesn't like how the new ribbons look? Sure I like the feature with the bounce, penetrations etc but I just think the ribbons themselves look rubbish now

I completely agree with you. There should be an option to use the old ones or the new ones.

Weekend Tester
103 posts
9,959 battles

100% with you.

Beta Tester
282 posts
1,216 battles

Fully agree with ya Mate.

also Bastion sounds fun =o

Weekend Tester
1,677 posts
18,664 battles

Definitely not. These new ribbons do not look like ribbons - so me no like :D

A question for gun experts. Do you recognize the guns on the bastion pic?

7d3ad6ec-3a12-11e6-a7a4-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

Beta Tester
282 posts
1,216 battles

Definitely not. These new ribbons do not look like ribbons - so me no like :D

A question for gun experts. Do you recognize the guns on the bastion pic?

my guess would be German Coastal artillery... 38 cm SK C/34 naval gun or 40.6 cm SK C/34 gun.....

[NWP]
Beta Tester
2,471 posts
24,027 battles

Step in the right direction but not 100% foolproof.

If I am not mistaken you can still end up with:

BB vs BB

BB vs BB

BB vs BB

BB-2 vs CA

CA vs CA

CA vs CA

CA vs CA

CA vs CA-2

DD vs CA-2

DD vs DD

DD vs DD

DD-2 vs DD

So one side can still have more BB and more DD vs more CA, which I deem not a fair match.

[DELCV]
Players
263 posts
14,093 battles

New "ribbons" more like microsoft paint skills :trollface:

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

Step in the right direction but not 100% foolproof.

If I am not mistaken you can still end up with:

BB vs BB

BB vs BB

BB vs BB

BB-2 vs CA

CA vs CA

CA vs CA

CA vs CA

CA vs CA-2

DD vs CA-2

DD vs DD

DD vs DD

DD-2 vs DD

So one side can still have more BB and more DD vs more CA, which I deem not a fair match.

little diversity is ok.
  • Cool 3

Beta Tester
282 posts
1,216 battles

i was digging around the PTS files specifically for the Arpeggio content and found the following:

Both Myoko and Haguro got their Own voice lines and no longer sound like Iona. not only that Nachi's voice was also sighted, but no signs of her ship and mental model... and speaking of Mental models. Takao's Voice and Mental Model (Commander) was found as well. Gunzo's Voice and Commander Portrait was also found (but no ship of course since his human xD)

Speaking of Takao i found her "Nation Flag" and its Blue which means in the Future, the Arp Takao that we will get will be the Blue Steel Version Not the Fog/Red Version

Edited by Antlion
  • Cool 5

[FATAL]
Beta Tester
573 posts
2,800 battles

http://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/public-test-058/

The Public Test will be running from 28 June at 18:30 CEST until 4 July at 15:00 CEST.

What to expect in Public Test 0.5.8?

• Divisions may include ships of various tiers (low-tier ships are allowed to divisions with high-tier ships);

Have I misunderstood, or are they making all those long overdue and very welcome changes to MM, but still allowing fail divisions?

Players
187 posts
6,035 battles

i love that WoWs dev team moves fast, no wanking around, nice sweet patches at regular intervals.

And its really important they do this now i guess before more ships are in the game, just start finessing the game.

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

Curious how that will work out for T10 Divisions, since they can only be matched if the same shiptypes are in the queue. I hope this will not lead to the current CV-matching problems (ignoring all mm - rules after 4-5 mins)

I guess that is the reason for them officially allowing/encouraging  mixed - tier- divisions.

Let's see how that will work out in high tier. But it could get ugly.

• Cool 1

Players
255 posts
13,157 battles

The new MM sounds like an improvement ... I hope they don't go to full mirror though as that would make for dull and predictable games.

Very pleased to see we will no longer end up with 13 ships on one side & 11 on the other. I wish they had got rid of "fail divisions" outside of co-op, missed opportunity there IMO. How hard can it be for a division to take out ships of the same tier?

Only major concern is we might end up waiting significantly longer for games outside of peak time ... or have ones with small numbers of ships.

Players
229 posts
56 battles

The new MM sounds like an improvement ... I hope they don't go to full mirror though as that would make for dull and predictable games.

Very pleased to see we will no longer end up with 13 ships on one side & 11 on the other. I wish they had got rid of "fail divisions" outside of co-op, missed opportunity there IMO. How hard can it be for a division to take out ships of the same tier?

Only major concern is we might end up waiting significantly longer for games outside of peak time ... or have ones with small numbers of ships.

The new MM might also be a downgrade. I see more que dumps and all the fun that comes with them because the MM can't find matching tier & class ships.

Weekend Tester
1,677 posts
18,664 battles

Qestion is how will the new MM deal with fail divs

That is the biggest question mark about the new MM.

But I guess it cannot be worse than now :)

[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles

That is the biggest question mark about the new MM.

But I guess it cannot be worse than now :)

I think it would be good to hook up with some people and try creating fail divisions on test server - after all it would be an interesting thing to test out. Not sure I I'll play this OT however so I just suggest it here ;) 

Players
9 posts
5,474 battles

You mean I won't have to 1v1 Yamatos in my Iowa anymore because we have a Shimakaze on my team whom the MM deems equal to a Yamato and gets taken out 2 mins into the match? Aww Yiss.

Sign in to follow this