You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wullail

Mutsuki - is that a shell in your gun barrel or are you REALLY pleased to see me?

14 comments in this topic

Players
9 posts

Does anyone know if the Mutsuki has a hate mod multiplier for AI ships?

Playing it is painful as is , but as soon as I get spotted , it seems that every enemy AI ship in firing range turns it's guns on me.

Last match for example , I was just caught at the very limit of my spotting range , there were 3 other team ships engaging 4 enemy AI , as soon as I was spotted , all 4 enemy AI ships stopped attacking them and started shelling me  , the sky was literally filled with shells heading in my direction.

This even allowed another cruiser which was attacking a BB to get close enough to finish it off using 2 sets of torps un-molested even though he was well within the spotting range of it AND had been firing shells at it for 30% of it's health previously.

Edited by wullail

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
8,373 battles

Same thing if you play PvP. As soon as you are spotted in a DD everyone starts shooting at you :teethhappy:

[TAKEN]
Players
37,168 posts
18,452 battles

Does anyone know if the Mutsuki has a hate mod multiplier for AI ships?

Playing it is painful as is , but as soon as I get spotted , it seems that every enemy AI ship in firing range turns it's guns on me.

That is probably because the AI is smarter than the average human player. Shooting DDs at close to mid range should always have priority.

Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

DD rule number 1: Assume everyone wants a piece of you.

Especially that BB player 10+ km away if he happens to have guns pointing to right direction.

That is probably because the AI is smarter than the average human player. Shooting DDs at close to mid range should always have priority.

Especially cruiser players seem to have problems in understanding that sometimes.

[TU]
Players
204 posts
11,015 battles

I have also noticed this, AI is even more focused on hunting down the DD than human players. The whole AI team can follow you to the end of the map to get you, after the point where most human players would have given up as you are not an easy target at longer range anymore. PvE games can be quite fun in DD these days, the AI has become better it seems.

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles

I have also noticed this, AI is even more focused on hunting down the DD than human players. The whole AI team can follow you to the end of the map to get you, after the point where most human players would have given up as you are not an easy target at longer range anymore. PvE games can be quite fun in DD these days, the AI has become better it seems.

Dunno about that. I've on several occasions gotten about half a team to follow me to the corner of the map, freeing the rest up for my team. Just turn and shoot at them on occasion if they lose interest.

Players
293 posts
7,772 battles

Destroyers are always and everytime number 1 target in coop,no matter which range it is,also a battleship surrounded & atacked at 21km range from your team will fire at you and try to kill you,every other things dosnt matter for bots in coop.

There can be 7 friends around a bot,but it will always fire at the destroyer,this is the fa***** logic from wg!

Ships with a lot hp pool dont get shot but destroyers always,everytimes and everywhere!

Edited by Citadel_HIT

Players
9 posts

why are you even spotted in mutsuki?

Trying to go around the edge away from the cruisers and destroyers to get at the big fat warships usually , sometimes it's just unlucky that the AI ships are forced to turn towards me as they avoid other player torps. *shrug*

[POI--]
Quality Poster
2,376 posts
19,086 battles

Trying to go around the edge away from the cruisers and destroyers to get at the big fat warships usually , sometimes it's just unlucky that the AI ships are forced to turn towards me as they avoid other player torps. *shrug*

1. Stop playing Co-op. It offers little to no rewards with the same risks.

2. As a destroyer, you need to be adaptable. I'm not going to go into any real detail because destroyers are my weakest class, but if you focus on doing nothing but trying to get the perfect broadside of BBs every game then you're doing it wrong.

3. If you can, lay ambushes. It is always more reliable that trying to get a solid hit if the enemy has no space to maneuver.

4. Cap. That's your main job. Killing enemy ships is secondary to capping.

Players
169 posts

As a BB player, my list of priorities is :

1- DD's (unless I can rely on my team to protect me...  suffice it to say I've gotten pretty good in hitting DD's)

2- Torpedo cruisers, with any luck citadel ensures.

3- Non-Torp cruisers

4- BB's (I include the T3 St-Louis in this category when playing low tiers)

Looks like the Bots are well programmed.

[TU]
Players
204 posts
11,015 battles

Of course, such priorities should not be followed blindly. Today in ranked we lost what looked like it was going to be a win as our BBs were determined to kill a DD 10km away instead of a Myoko that was closer, an easier target and a bigger overall threat at the time. If you still a have a live DD in you team, focusing on cruisers might sometimes do more good than focusing on DDs.

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles

In a BB I usually prioritise whichever I can most easily hit with the most amount of shells (broadside for BBs), unless there's an immediately dangerous ship to me, a friendly carrier, or other soon-dead ship. DDs obviously need to be much closer than cruisers for the same accuracy.