Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Spithas

Gameplay down the drain in 0.5.7

17 comments in this topic

[-PTA-]
Players
887 posts
12,804 battles

Wargaming you managed to make games much less fun with just 2 moves.

1) Reduced chance to 10% for Standard Battle.

You attempted to make domination mode almost the exclusive mode in the game in order to counter campers and cowards.

The result is games that finish after 8 minutes because the enemy cowards - campers got 0 caps... killed 0-1 ships and lost 2-3 ships. Fun for everyone.... NOT.

2) Cyclone

A gimmick feature with no real value for the game.

The result is in the Domination matches that might last more than 8 mins half of that time is spent trying to get within 8km of enemies.

Seriously bring back Standard Battle, Reduce point loss for ships and cap gain and remove the retardation that is the Cyclone.

• Cool 2

[EURO]
Players
506 posts
11,602 battles

You attempted to make domination mode almost the exclusive mode in the game in order to counter campers and cowards.

The result is games that finish after 8 minutes because the enemy cowards - campers got 0 caps... killed 0-1 ships and lost 2-3 ships. Fun for everyone.... NOT.

2) Cyclone

The result is in the Domination matches that might last more than 8 mins half of that time is spent trying to get within 8km of enemies.

Seriously bring back Standard Battle, Reduce point loss for ships and cap gain and remove the retardation that is the Cyclone.

I think we should be able to choose what modes we want to play, just like in WoT

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,870 posts
9,892 battles

to reduce the chance of getting standart battles is one of the best things they have ever done

True.

I wish it extended to all tiers.

I'd take 8 min losses any day over the 20 min base-camp fests we usually have.

• Cool 8

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles

Cyclones are excellent. Really like it. Hope for more features like this to make the game more dynamic.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,103 posts
2,741 battles

If the maps had a size and/or layout which would support more close combat engagments, all these issues would be none at all. Thy Cyclone is just a more or less "smart" attempt to enforce close combat engagements and preven campfests, which is rather useless considering the fact that it reduces the spotting and detection abilities and ranges way below the bearable (and within any DDs immediate torpedoe range...).

It almost appears as if Wargaming has recognized they made the mid to high tier maps and ranges just a few numbers too large and now attempt to compensate with some "new features", instead of overhauling the complete system, which would be the single correct way to do...

Edited by Vaderan

[-PTA-]
Players
887 posts
12,804 battles

True.

I wish it extended to all tiers.

I'd take 8 min losses any day over the 20 min base-camp fests we usually have.

8 mins wins are even worse. Only noobs hate standard battle because they die early and have to wait.

Then stop camping and scratch the paint off that shiny new ship

Lol i am one of the most aggressive players i know.

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,498 posts
11,608 battles

The problem is that high tier gameplay is not fun at this time because of camping and as repairs cost a lot, people are afraid of taking damage.

Putting more dominations won't change the core of the problem. It will just hide it a bit.

Maybe WG should first think about game balance instead of trying to hide the dust under the carpet ...

• Cool 3

Players
1,130 posts
2,612 battles

If the maps had a size and/or layout which would support more close combat engagments, all these issues would be none at all. Thy Cyclone is just a more or less "smart" attempt to enforce close combat engagements and preven campfests, which is rather useless considering the fact that it reduces the spotting and detection abilities and ranges way below the bearable (and within any DDs immediate torpedoe range...).

It almost appears as if Wargaming has recognized they made the mid to high tier maps and ranges just a few numbers too large and now attempt to compensate with some "new features", instead of overhauling the complete system, which would be the single correct way to do...

​To be fair, most mid-high maps would be fine if they removed several km of useless ocean around the edges of the map. For example, Shatter is a pretty decent map with plenty of islands, except for the open expanses around the edges of the map.

[-PTA-]
Players
887 posts
12,804 battles

Also Cyclone is so frequent it's really retarded. No way its 10% of the time as advertised.

[MORIA]
Players
600 posts
10,366 battles

2) Cyclone

I actually have to agree with you here. Like the match you and me had earlier today, only i was pushing, you killed me and were ahead by 3 caps. Rest of my team reversed and you punished them for it like you should. WP by you, but my god if i had a little support
  • Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
5,198 posts
24,777 battles

2) Cyclone

I disagree.

Standard Battle is a camp fest and should be removed in Tiers from Tier V upwards.

And if "snipers" and cowards dont support caps, well then they totally deserve the defeat.

Personally, i like the Cyclone, it adds a nice element to the game.

[-PTA-]
Players
887 posts
12,804 battles

I disagree.

Standard Battle is a camp fest and should be removed in Tiers from Tier V upwards.

And if "snipers" and cowards dont support caps, well then they totally deserve the defeat.

Personally, i like the Cyclone, it adds a nice element to the game.

Domination Battles are as much a Campfest as Standard Battles. People that are cowards will camp no matter what? Do you think people actually care about the caps? 

The only difference is that when people Camp in Domination noone gets to enjoy a battle because it's over soon whereas in Standard Battle the side that is willing to fight has plenty of time to approach the cowards as they please and with no rush to fight them.

And what is nice about the cyclone? It does what exactly? for the game?

Edited by Spithas

Players
4,367 posts
16,858 battles

Personally I'd love to see some clear indication if the cyclone will happen or not. Failed to see one yet.

[SLOTH]
Players
3,041 posts
5,653 battles

quite simply I dont understand why you would care about what gamemode you get,

I mean heck maybe im just that dude with no peripheral vision but I dont see either game mode being worse than the other

Sign in to follow this