You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Wargen4U

To the developers: Would be nice if "battlechat" is extended into results-window.

28 comments in this topic

[OFR]
Players
1 post
17,411 battles

A thought: Wouldn't it be nice if the battlechat was extended into the results-window. As it is now, I often loose track of good players in my team and opposite, as soon as battle is over. Players that thinks the way I think and that I would have a chance to chat further with w/o having to search for them.

• Cool 11

[TACHA]
Players
1,793 posts
21,663 battles

completely agree, though I do wonder if there would be a fair amount of trolling.

Players
220 posts
6,699 battles

Doesn't WoT have a little bit of post-battle chat? How does that work?

No, it doesn't, instead you can right-click a player in the team results, this shows the players service record and from there one can open a PM. This is usually used by players to insult each other, hardly ever do you get anything resembling positive feedback. :(

Edit: The idea is nice, but with my experiences from WoT... no.

Edited by Gleb_Reawer

[MORIA]
Players
600 posts
10,347 battles

I agree OP, many times a discussion have been broken off by the match ending. +1

Alpha Tester
19,378 posts
6,105 battles

Bit torn on this one. Would it be nice if people would use it for positive discussions but I don't have much faith in that happening. Would be nice to be wrong though, and it could work but I do predict a lot of chat bans :trollface:

• Cool 2

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

for starters i would just like for chat not to be deleted when you go into battle :)

that is at least not hard...

Beta Tester
742 posts
1,694 battles

on paper it sounds a like a great idea...

in reality you dont need to be psychic to see that the extension would quickly become a platform for trashtalking and E-peen stroking rather than civilized critique and player to player feedback

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,989 posts
4,247 battles

Bit torn on this one. Would it be nice if people would use it for positive discussions but I don't have much faith in that happening. Would be nice to be wrong though, and it could work but I do predict a lot of chat bans :trollface:

You should look at the other side of the coin, every minute these people keep flaming in a post battle screen is a minute they are not spending queuing for the next game. And more chat bans also does not seem like a bad thing.

Alpha Tester
19,378 posts
6,105 battles

You should look at the other side of the coin, every minute these people keep flaming in a post battle screen is a minute they are not spending queuing for the next game. And more chat bans also does not seem like a bad thing.

That is why I say it could work but it would result in many chatbans. Which as you say, isn't a loss at all. So yes, I feel they could add it, but it will strain WG's support/ticket system because more bans -> more complainTs. 

Got to ask the question then, is the added worth enough to offset the costs of maintenance? 

edit: spelling :hiding:

Edited by mtm78

[ODIUM]
Players
547 posts
14,576 battles

I've been feeling that the game has been missing this for a while, 

would be good to learn to find out what people were thinking 

Well this and an ongoing replay of the battle to provide something to talk about 

Players
2,832 posts
21,712 battles

i think it would be really toxic.

although i wish for some positive discussion sometimes (rude interupts due to game ending) 

a fix would be to be able to add/chat people directly through game results scrreen (by rightclick contex menue on their names)

[-GER-]
Beta Tester
2 posts
8,489 battles

I played League of Legends a few years ago, and there was an after battle chat. I quite liked this feature to discuss the recent battle, can't recall a lot of insulting going on... and you could always leave if it got boring/insulting/too personal. WG should give it a try, perhaps in team battles first to test it?

Players
6,008 posts
7,043 battles

A thought: Wouldn't it be nice if the battlechat was extended into the results-window. As it is now, I often loose track of good players in my team and opposite, as soon as battle is over. Players that thinks the way I think and that I would have a chance to chat further with w/o having to search for them.

I was thinking about it too.

But... I think it could be a wall of shame. Still sometimes there is so much joy or compliments that we would like to share each other after the battle.

So I agree - 5 post-battle bookmark, when we could chat (all players from 2 teams) would be nice.

[ODIUM]
Players
547 posts
14,576 battles

although i wish for some positive discussion sometimes (rude interupts due to game ending) 

a fix would be to be able to add/chat people directly through game results scrreen (by rightclick contex menue on their names)

The game chat is also short of a right click, ignore user which would solve the issue

Alpha Tester
19,378 posts
6,105 battles

Well I think it could work but just not for the entire player base, lots will run into chat bans. That being said, having them unable to chat but leaving the rest, would that really be such a bad thing :hiding:

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles

After thinking about it, I'd probably like it, if you could still report people for misbehaving in chat. Which I think you can even as it is now.

Players
6,008 posts
7,043 battles

After thinking about it, I'd probably like it, if you could still report people for misbehaving in chat. Which I think you can even as it is now.

I would be lack of report points in a 2-3 battles for misbehabing in chat ;)
Edited by ghashpl
  • Cool 1

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles

I would be lack of report points in a 2-3 battles for misbehabing in chat ;)

Well, at least people misbehabe less in the game than they do on these forums. For a PvP game, people are downright civil.

Players
6,008 posts
7,043 battles

I often try to calm down the situation.

Putting an arguments and not escalating the problem helps.

Still there are pure emotions in the game and if someone cannot hold them there is going to be such problems.

Personally I would like to chat after battle but I think that it would rather:

- give the winning team a chance to celebrate (with some destroyed "solo warriors to get angry at other camping noobs"),

- give the lossing team a chance to abuse players.

In 95% battles :(