McBeagle

DD suggestion on torps

4 comments in this topic

[NLD2]
Players
18 posts
14,483 battles

Hello everyone,

I was thinking, how nice it would be, being able to switch torpedo types. You aim a salvo at 10 kms, reload, spot a cruiser behind the mountain, reload and fire shorter range, faster and heavier torps?

This would alter the experience not?

Players
1,890 posts
2,549 battles

not sure how it would work in WoWs, but there is one quite older I think naval game [Navy Field 2] wit hsuch an option...

overally while using torpedoes you had few settign you ould alter: speed, spread and detonator type

so you could fire slow but longer range torpedoes, fast but with shorter range, you coudl fire them going in paralel to each other on spreading out, and they coould detonato on impact [full dmg] or have proximity detonator [with damage being reduced]

but then said game is even more arcade than WoWs and have vastly different controls... [and gameplay]

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,870 posts
9,892 battles

Maybe not switch types, but definitely switch mode between long or short range (slow or fast respectively).

• Cool 1

Players
4,392 posts
12,107 battles

I was thinking the same thing. Torp choice is very situational. Short range torps are effective in higgh density island maps but far less on the ocean. Type switching like HE/AP switch would be fantastic. I'd even accept a reload time penalty with a switch.

Sign in to follow this