Sign in to follow this  
_interceptor_80

Where is Shimakaze now

26 comments in this topic

Players
385 posts
19,667 battles

Just checking EU server stats for last 2 weeks:

Well done WG,good job,we have "playable" version of Shimakaze... Best tier 10 not to have

Never get free reset capt. skills and forced to buy "new" nerfed torps

Meh

Shimakaze  10 DD Japan 13,381 48.94% 43,378 1,497 1.3 0.8 0.2 41% 40% 5%

Players
91 posts

Well, they handled the whole problem rather poorly. The Shimakaze wasn't OP, the only problem was the torpedo soup, which was not enjoyable for the players. So they nerfed the torpedos, but failed to compensate in any reasonable way. That paired with the introduction of radars, which make shortranged torpedo runs pretty dangerous.

• Cool 1

[TTTX]
Players
1,952 posts
7,021 battles

Shimakaze isnt worth playing at the moment.

[MAASS]
Beta Tester
420 posts
7,601 battles

Yeah, I've been able to get the Shima for several weeks now, but can't even be bothered. Stick to the occasional also-nerfed Kagero with uber-short torps, and make my way through the Soviet DD/American BB trees.

Beta Tester
191 posts
8,160 battles

Shima actually isn't a bad gun boat. May sound strange but equip/skill it as a gunboat and you can have fun.

Not saying you should 1vs1 a Khaba.

[DELCV]
Players
263 posts
14,093 battles

Yes it indeed can be equipped as a gunboat, but with slow turrets and crap reload even with captain skills it cant compete with the firepower of gearing and khabarovsk. Guns on shima are not too bad, great HE dmg, decent chance to set something on fire, but you are trading your torp reload for a slight improvement of your guns and a chance to do some stealth firing. But well, I have been testing out that build recently and its OK, still I would prefer to have maxed out torps, because without the skills and modules you have a torps with a reload speed of 2 and a half minute. And those nerfs already cost me 2k gold for my shima captain with all that skill retraining.

BTW: 18 point captain, retraining for credits is broken, who the hell thought that 10M exp for a unreachable 19th point is a great idea, this leaves only one opinion for retraining which is 500 gold, beacuse nobody wants to grind 2,5M exp to retrain captain to other ship.

Edited by SgtCole

Beta Tester
1,057 posts
14,075 battles

Both the Shima and Kagero now rust away in my harbour, not fun to play at all. Well done WG.

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
8,369 battles

Yes it indeed can be equipped as a gunboat, but with slow turrets and crap reload even with captain skills it cant compete with the firepower of gearing and khabarovsk. Guns on shima are not too bad, great HE dmg, decent chance to set something on fire, but you are trading your torp reload for a slight improvement of your guns and a chance to do some stealth firing. But well, I have been testing out that build recently and its OK, still I would prefer to have maxed out torps, because without the skills and modules you have a torps with a reload speed of 2 and a half minute. And those nerfs already cost me 2k gold for my shima captain with all that skill retraining.

BTW: 18 point captain, retraining for credits is broken, who the hell thought that 10M exp for a unreachable 19th point is a great idea, this leaves only one opinion for retraining which is 500 gold, beacuse nobody wants to grind 2,5M exp to retrain captain to other ship.

They said they made that on purpose to make people retrain for gold.

Beta Tester
5,342 posts
2,957 battles

They said they made that on purpose to make people retrain for gold.

cant you throw them at premium ship? There is no penalty there

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
8,369 battles

cant you throw them at premium ship? There is no penalty there

You'll have to play the premium for quite a while till you get your captain retrained.

Beta Tester
5,342 posts
2,957 battles

You'll have to play the premium for quite a while till you get your captain retrained.

but there is no retraining at premium ships. Since there is no penalty right?

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
8,369 battles

but there is no retraining at premium ships. Since there is no penalty right?

Well you dont retrain your captain for the premium. You retrain him for the new regular ship you just bought and place him in the premium ship. 

Since premiums cost money to buy, it is not considered a cheap alternative. I'm glad I won that Kamikaze R from the event.

Beta Tester
5,342 posts
2,957 battles

Well you dont retrain your captain for the premium. You retrain him for the new regular ship you just bought and place him in the premium ship. 

Since premiums cost money to buy, it is not considered a cheap alternative. I'm glad I won that Kamikaze R from the event.

well there is the %50more xp flag and %50 more exp camo also %50 more exp on captain sooo

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
8,369 battles

well there is the %50more xp flag and %50 more exp camo also %50 more exp on captain sooo

They were talking about retraining a 19 points captain, which takes a lot of xp to retrain.

Beta Tester
1,057 posts
14,075 battles

Sold my Shima, and Kagero today, Bought a Minikaze and Kuma. Result? Fun!

Players
1,625 posts
14,901 battles

Shimakaze isnt worth playing at the moment.

This!... sort of.

I still think it can be a scary ship and I still see BB captains at the start of a match telling everyone to "kill that Shima" if there's one on the enemy team.

But it can't really contest caps and if it gets spotted by a Russian DD in open waters and without backup it's toast as you can't outrun them.

The environment is significantly more hostile for Shimas between Russian DDs coming in (I see a lot more Khabas then I used to), radar and lower range torpedoes.

Alpha Tester
19,378 posts
6,105 battles

My shima hasn't left port in a long time... the captain is back in Fubuki.. thought about Kagero but I already had a semi decent captain there ( no CE though.. but it was cheaper to re-train one captain then two :hiding: ). 

[GENIE]
Beta Tester
287 posts
9,474 battles

I never bought shimakaze tho I researched it just before the torp nerf. I rather sail stealthy kagero, and work my way towards khebab than diddle around in shimakaze.

[TROLL]
Beta Tester
82 posts
12,195 battles

I never bought shimakaze tho I researched it just before the torp nerf. I rather sail stealthy kagero, and work my way towards khebab than diddle around in shimakaze.

Uhmm.. if u really have to rely on the 0.2 km better stealth u get on kagero to do a good battle, ur kinda failing.

Shima is still an epic torp DD. 3x5 torps will always hit something ( Use the 12km range torps, to have better cammorating on them, and never launch all at same time.).

If u specc it right, u have 21k hp, 2 min reload on torps, and decent turnrate on your cannons. I use the turnrate equipment on the cannons, and it works pretty decent as a gunship when u wait for torp reload. U got better HE dmg than RU and US.  

Always go with a teammate, never alone. 

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
6,036 posts
34,128 battles

I have Kagero which I purchased it only a few days before torp nerf,  and I still play it,  amazingly with some succes,  but when I ll research Shimakaze I will noy buy it,  and I ll sell Kagero too and move the captain to another JP ship. 

It s not worth to spend 20-30 milions,  with upgrades,  to buy the worst tier 10 xestroyer. 

Edited by 22cm

[MAASS]
Beta Tester
420 posts
7,601 battles

On a curious twist, I have been noticing people have become less alert around Shimas. It is again possible to find T9/10 BBs sailing in straight lines for 2+ minutes, eating all of the torps. It's still not enough to make the Shima competitive again, but it seems the nerf has made people complacent towards her, and of course 15 torps can still hurt if you're not paying attention.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,330 posts
13,776 battles

On a curious twist, I have been noticing people have become less alert around Shimas. It is again possible to find T9/10 BBs sailing in straight lines for 2+ minutes, eating all of the torps. It's still not enough to make the Shima competitive again, but it seems the nerf has made people complacent towards her, and of course 15 torps can still hurt if you're not paying attention.

Cant confirm that and it shoudnt be since US also have dangerous ´fast invis fire Torps. You get some WASD deneyers but Overall BBs at T10 are Aware were there are dangers by DDs.

[MAASS]
Beta Tester
420 posts
7,601 battles

Cant confirm that and it shoudnt be since US also have dangerous ´fast invis fire Torps. You get some WASD deneyers but Overall BBs at T10 are Aware were there are dangers by DDs.

It could be just coincidence, of course. I don't have a lot of battles with the Shima so the sample size isn't necessarily representative. 

However, while the US DDs are indeed powerful torpedoboats, they don't inspire the same fear/annoyance Shimas used to.

Sign in to follow this