Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Grenadeburner079

Omaha is UP

34 comments in this topic

Players
10 posts
1,916 battles

Omaha really needs a buff.This is the worst t5 right now compared to konigsberg furutaka and kirov.

Whats your opinion on this and how can ı play this without pulling my hair?

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,608 posts

Omaha is actually the worst performing T5 cruiser according to warships.today, at least last I looked. She's relatively durable and, assuming you use the C hull, well-rounded, so should be capable in the hands of anyone, but here we are... I feel the C hull should share in the better rudder shift and stealth of Murmansk. B hull is fun for its own reasons but don't use that and expect Omaha to be competitive.

Players
10 posts
1,916 battles

Omaha is actually the worst performing T5 cruiser according to warships.today, at least last I looked. She's relatively durable and, assuming you use the C hull, well-rounded, so should be capable in the hands of anyone, but here we are... I feel the C hull should share in the better rudder shift and stealth of Murmansk. B hull is fun for its own reasons but don't use that and expect Omaha to be competitive.

I think the most durable one is furutaka imo.

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles

I pwnd most things in my omaha, when I had it. Great ship. 

I have higher avg damage in Omaha then in Cleveland/Pensacola/New orleans...

She held my highest damage record for a loooong time, did 155k damage in 1 game with her...

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,404 posts
33,576 battles

She held my highest damage record for a loooong time, did 155k damage in 1 game with her...

This. I cant recall the last time I had a battle in her but in over 106 battles I have averaged 44k damage with a top of 126k and 6 kills and I am barely average. As others have previously said you need to use her attributes to her advantage, nimbleness, faster turrets and good AP. Best wishes with your onward Omaha battles.

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,608 posts

I think the most durable one is furutaka imo.

In theory that should be true. However Omaha's more spaced gun arrangement makes knockouts relatively rare and inconsequential. Otherwise, while the armour on the ships is similar, Omaha is distinguished by having a citadel that is uniformly covered in 76mm, which seems to make up for her thinner deck and make her more consistent. I get oneshotted in Furutaka quite often, but never in Omaha. I'd say Furutaka is stronger against AP from other cruisers and potentially destroyers, but Omaha can survive salvoes from battleships with an uncommon degree of grace.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
6,036 posts
34,128 battles

Well, what the older players say here is from the time when its only tier 5 counterpart was the unbuffed crappy Furutaka... But now Furutaka was buffed, Konigsberg and Kirov were added... So yes, Omaha is the worst performing regular tier 5 cruiser now... I checked too, it is the worst tier 5 cruiser now, with the Russki Kirov being the best because Russki bias.

So what you guys remember is no longer true.

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,567 posts
18,265 battles

Well, what the older players say here is from the time when its only tier 5 counterpart was the unbuffed crappy Furutaka... But now Furutaka was buffed, Konigsberg and Kirov were added... So yes, Omaha is the worst performing regular tier 5 cruiser now... I checked too, it is the worst tier 5 cruiser now, with the Russki Kirov being the best because Russki bias.

Indeed it was probably the cruiser that suffered most from the captain skills changes a few months ago, but it's still a good ship.

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles

Kirov is best because he has 203 mm guns that will rip apart bad players sailing broadside to you with his stronk AP.

Rest is mediocre... focus on him and he will go down fast because of no armor, and he has turn radius of a brick... Oh, and ok, the range is a strong point on him.

Players
494 posts
16,353 battles

Kirov is best because he has 203 mm guns that will rip apart bad players sailing broadside to you with his stronk AP.

Rest is mediocre... focus on him and he will go down fast because of no armor, and he has turn radius of a brick... Oh, and ok, the range is a strong point on him.

Two things, first Kirov has 180mm not 203mm those are upgrades for Fruit-taco, second I believe Omaha is the victim of power creep. It seems like every time a new ship is added to tier 5 it is better than the ships already there. Then the Fruit-taco got it's major malfunction fixed, so after that Omaha looks weaker.

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles

Two things, first Kirov has 180mm not 203mm those are upgrades for Fruit-taco, second I believe Omaha is the victim of power creep. It seems like every time a new ship is added to tier 5 it is better than the ships already there. Then the Fruit-taco got it's major malfunction fixed, so after that Omaha looks weaker.

ah yes, my bad, but anyway even 180 mm is powerful enough to punch trough any t5 cruiser armor.

Players
743 posts

Omaha is still, tier for tier the best DD hunter in the game.

That's your main job in this ship. Trying to support your DD's and stamping on any enemy DD's that show up.

Fast, fairly small and nimble, fighter plane, sonar, rapid firing accurate guns placed all over the ship.

It's also OK for sitting 13 to 14.8 kms from BB's and burning them down whilst dodging most of their shells. Assuming you have a 10 crew skill captain.

Edited by Lin3
  • Cool 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,791 posts
37,486 battles

It's also OK for sitting 13 to 14.8 kms from BB's and burning them down whilst dodging most of their shells. Assuming you have a 10 crew skill captain.

You mean AFT? Well Omaha with its 152mm guns doesn't profit any more from this. IMHO Omaha is a great ship but off course it has some weaknesses and the biggest one is its range. With just 12.7km range it has the shortest range among t5 cruisers and that, if you are a bottom tear in the game could be a big problem. 
Edited by fumtu

Players
743 posts

I get 14.8 km range in my Omaha (C hull).

No I don't mean the AFT skill, as that's been gone a few months now. I mean the Prodigy Firestarter skill.

Players
1,202 posts
8,169 battles

You mean AFT? Well Omaha with its 152mm guns doesn't profit any more from this. IMHO Omaha is a great ship but off course it has some weaknesses and the biggest one is its range. With just 12.7km range it has the shortest range among t5 cruisers and that, if you are a bottom tear in the game could be a big problem. 

Demolition Expert.

The Omaha's C hull increases its range by 2 km.

Players
102 posts

I have ~10k higher average damage in the Omaha than in the Cleveland/Pensa.

Its AP can wreck broadside cruisers and its HE is decent as well.

Now though I can't say how it compares.

Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles

if you think omaha is UP then grind it and move on.......if you like tier 5 then use the furytaco and the konigsberg. Kirov is complete trash IMO. [All my friends disagree with me on the kirov but i stand by my opinion that it is complete garbage, I would take an omaha any time over that russian deathtrap]

[CROTX]
Beta Tester
112 posts
13,157 battles

Omaha very good if you keep bow on to the target and use the 6 forward facing guns. Wiggle a bit as suggested above.

Turn broadside to use the 7 guns available that way and get one shotted by anything that is in range. It is not a ship to ever be side on to its targets, ever, if it can be helped.

Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

In theory that should be true. However Omaha's more spaced gun arrangement makes knockouts relatively rare and inconsequential. Otherwise, while the armour on the ships is similar, Omaha is distinguished by having a citadel that is uniformly covered in 76mm, which seems to make up for her thinner deck and make her more consistent. I get oneshotted in Furutaka quite often, but never in Omaha. I'd say Furutaka is stronger against AP from other cruisers and potentially destroyers

Actually for DD AP Omaha feels now easiest Tier 5 cruiser to consistently citadel.

When introduced Kirov took that spot, but "reballasting" it deeper few patches ago made it lot harder to put most of the salvo into citadel.

Also while flimsily armored allowing citadel hit from longer range Königsberg has always felt precise about hitting spot to get citadel hit.

And Furry Taco has always demanded better range and angle and it feels like besides bulges (to offset heavier weaponry) C hull got armor buff...

Besides being awfully proof against small caliber HE, unlike other Tier 5 cruisers which are easy to damage from any angle.

(that's original Kirov)

Beta Tester
4,249 posts
848 battles

ah yes, my bad, but anyway even 180 mm is powerful enough to punch trough any t5 cruiser armor.

All Tier 5 cruisers can be penned by 152 mm guns; the 180 mm just does it better and does more damage.

Sign in to follow this