BdW_Marecc

BREXIT: No Royal Navy on worldofwarships.EU ?

197 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
168 posts

Just being outrageous :)

The voter demographic would suggest that most people in the age group that plays wows probably voted "in".

Hopefully we'll see some more RN ships soon ...

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,462 posts
5,363 battles

But they'll leave their team in the middle of the match.

via rottenscotty

Beta Tester
1,609 posts

Stupid English B******s!

A fair few of us voted remain just so you know....:sceptic:
  • Cool 10

Quality Poster
1,695 posts
9,500 battles

I came here to create a topic like this if no one had beat me to it.

But someone has, and in the right place for it to boot!

Oh well, great minds think alike and all that.

I'd like to post some jokes and stuff to bolster the spirits of the Britishers who voted Bremain, but I am horrible at jokes.

I can heartily recommend the video of John Oliver and his take on it, as well as the accompanying song.

Hint: it involves inviting the EU to eat their spotted [expletive] and is actually kinda funny.

So, does anyone have any good jokes?

BTW, HMS Worcester, like your new sig.

I really don't want to think about the consequences of this decision, for the UK and the EU, want to keep it light for now.

I am kinda hoping it is completely obvious to everyone, or will be soon, that this is a massive mistake.

I am hoping they will both prepare for an exit and negotiate for re-entry.

Then they can have another vote.

Do you want this cluster[expletive], tear up the UK, or do you want to remain in the EU under the new rules we just negotiated?

Leaving would mean Scotland would leave the UK and Northern Ireland might too.

Interestingly a majority of older people voted Brexit, but in the near future, their life savings, pension plans, mortgages, they are going to collapse in value, taking a holiday in Europe will be more expensive.

The City has basically said: if this happens, we are out of here, maybe they will go to Scotland, maybe Amsterdam will finally get back what it lost after 1688..

Ok, breathe, seriously, this is not good, thinking about it, aaaaaaaaah!

I was just going to post an image of HMS Warspite, but found some funny pictures as well, would like to encourage everyone to post similar stuff, to keep our spirits up.

I might not be British, don't even live there, but, well, crap.

HMS Warspite on a nice, sunny day, about to make that day a bit less sunny for someone else..

Sounds like a plan..

For once, I agree with him..

• Cool 6

Beta Tester
1,609 posts

I came here to create a topic like this if no one had beat me to it.

But someone has, and in the right place for it to boot!

Oh well, great minds think alike and all that.

I'd like to post some jokes and stuff to bolster the spirits of the Britishers who voted Bremain, but I am horrible at jokes.

I can heartily recommend the video of John Oliver and his take on it, as well as the accompanying song.

Hint: it involves inviting the EU to eat their spotted [expletive] and is actually kinda funny.

So, does anyone have any good jokes?

BTW, HMS Worcester, like your new sig.

I really don't want to think about the consequences of this decision, for the UK and the EU, want to keep it light for now.

I am kinda hoping it is completely obvious to everyone, or will be soon, that this is a massive mistake.

I am hoping they will both prepare for an exit and negotiate for re-entry.

Then they can have another vote.

Do you want this cluster[expletive], tear up the UK, or do you want to remain in the EU under the new rules we just negotiated?

Leaving would mean Scotland would leave the UK and Northern Ireland might too.

Interestingly a majority of older people voted Brexit, but in the near future, their life savings, pension plans, mortgages, they are going to collapse in value, taking a holiday in Europe will be more expensive.

The City has basically said: if this happens, we are out of here, maybe they will go to Scotland, maybe Amsterdam will finally get back what it lost after 1688..

Ok, breathe, seriously, this is not good, thinking about it, aaaaaaaaah!

I was just going to post an image of HMS Warspite, but found some funny pictures as well, would like to encourage everyone to post similar stuff, to keep our spirits up.

I might not be British, don't even live there, but, well, crap.

HMS Warspite on a nice, sunny day, about to make that day a bit less sunny for someone else..

Sounds like a plan..

For once, I agree with him..

I agree, we should be keeping it light. What's done is done, and we just have to wait and see what the future holds. :)

Great pics by the way :teethhappy: And I will check out the John Oliver video.

Edited by HMS_Worcester

Quality Poster
1,695 posts
9,500 battles

Do you think Cameron called Merkel:

"Help, help, I accidentally the whole UK from the EU? What do I do now?"

"Wass?"

"The whole UK from the EU? WHAT DO I DO?"

"Who IS this?"

:P

• Cool 2

Players
503 posts
4,674 battles

I voted out and proud of it, EU is a failed experiment that was going to fail anyway.

As for Royal navy been in WOWS why not I bet Russia is pretty happy we're leaving.

Edited by Ryuuteimaru
  • Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Players, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,462 posts
5,363 battles

You know thing is (or so I hope):

1. This referendum wasn't binding, it was more of a supersized and legal opinion poll
  2. People are already pushing for a new one after realising the colossal mistake they did (google searches to "what if UK leaves EU" went up 300% AFTER the polling stations closed)
  3. The referendum system is looking at a change apparently.

PS: Oh and you need to take your education up a notch, because I'm sure the guy who was shocked to find that his vote matters wasn't the only clueless idiot.

• Cool 1

Quality Poster
1,695 posts
9,500 battles

So, what if Scotland leaves?
Will that mean we get a Scottish, Welsh, English and Northern Irish Navy instead, like in soccer?

Scotland would have HMS Hood, HMS Duke of York and HMS Vanguard, to name but a few.. :hiding:

[ST-EU]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
1,920 posts
4,612 battles

1. This referendum wasn't binding, it was more of a supersized and legal opinion poll
  2. People are already pushing for a new one after realising the colossal mistake they did (google searches to "what if UK leaves EU" went up 300% AFTER the polling stations closed)

PS: Oh and you need to take your education up a notch, because I'm sure the guy who was shocked to find that his vote matters wasn't the only clueless idiot.

This is is not even mentioning that now we have a very pissed younger generation. Who now have a severe contempt for the older generation for getting them a result they did not want. And the country is even more fractured, as Scotland, Northern Ireland, London and the Thames Valley are very pissed at the rest of England & Wales. Afterall 51.9% of 75% or so is still just a little less 17.5 million people. With 65 million in the country... it is not a good result. Especially when if you include those who could not vote, they overwhelmingly would have voted remain (16-17 year olds, foreign nationals etc.), thereby toppling the thin margin leave has. 

Quality Poster
1,695 posts
9,500 battles

Yeah, I really don't want to discuss the merits of Brexit versus Bremain here, although my feelings on this are probably very obvious, leaving the world's largest economic area doesn't seem like a bright idea to me..

I understand not liking the EU and thinking it could do better, but staying in and helping to fix things, being the voice of reason and at least having influence on its policies, seems like a much better idea.

But I respect the fact that other people have a different opinion and the forum is toxic enough at times without adding political discussions, so I am going to leave it at that..

1) The referendum is binding, I was pretty shocked when I found out, but I didn't have a vote..

2) Over ONE MILLION signatures already? Wow.

3) We've learned over here that referendums are pretty much nonsense. You don't get an answer to the question you asked. Each referendum we've had on anything related to the EU has not been a referendum on the subject at hand, but a referendum on the EU itself. Yes, the EU has a bad reputation, largely undeserved, imho, we get that. I am SO happy that our referendums are not binding.

And I just read an analysis that many people voted Brexit, thinking it would be Bremain, to voice their frustration. Then this happened. Which is why you need to frame a referendum carefully. Ask only the question you want answered, which you can reasonably expect an answer to. Otherwise it is just a waste of time and money.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,330 posts
13,776 battles

I voted out and proud of it, EU is a failed experiment that was going to fail anyway.

As for Royal navy been in WOWS why not I bet Russia is pretty happy we're leaving

​The the Brexit is a doble Agent Play to get the RN in WoWS  finally? I know something felt a bit starnge about the whole Thing!!

Seriously Cameron started the whole Thing to silence the naysayers and it backfired. Just like Erduan sudenly atacking the Kurds after IS bombed a demonstation and he lost the majority a short time before.

Politicans just serve their own agende and not their People anymore. Dont get me wrong if the majority would have asked to get out and organized an campain it would be quite ok. But Politicans playing with fire and leaving the ship when they dont get what they want?

[HAVEN]
Players
720 posts
8,445 battles

Voted leave and no regrets in the slightest, camerons re-negotiation was pointless and brought nothing back, juncker said himself that there would be no more negotiations if voted to stay in and add in all other countries who vote against us what is the point?

1. 52% to 48% - The UK will come out, do you really think the goverment will just stay in? This is democracy and people have spoken.

2. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - It is crap, a 1/3 of all the people who have signed it are from the UK, everyone else is outside the UK and the kicker is it will not happen, it is democracy at work.

3. Nope, it is yes or no there is no third option. But the EU do like to ignore referendums and have done and even made them vote again.

I even though brexit would lose at the start of election night, cameron even extended the deadline so people could sign up to vote which is technically illegal and frankly should not have been allowed because they had months to sign up and they left it to the last minute.

Only 36% of eligible young voters (18-24) actually voted and the next age group 25-34 i think just over half voted, so young voters can be pissed but frankly they did not go out and vote and that is tough crap.

As for scotland the SNP will push for another ref to gain freedom from the UK but then give it back to the EU but under tougher laws but even so the oil price has dropped so any budget relying on oil is void and i wish we could cut london off and sail it into the sea to drown.

In the end bremain caused it themselves, the people hate the establishment more than ever and that includes cameron and corbyn who actually backed remain half assed when he wanted out while scaremongering the public and calling them racists.

Players
381 posts

Stupid English B******s!

Why?

I voted out and am proud of it. It shows we have some balls and don't like being bullied by the powers that be . I have wanted out of the EEC/EU for years. Finally a country with some common sense to leave a broken ,corrupt and undemocratic s****y mess of a system. Lets see which nations want a  referendem next.

• Cool 1

Players
381 posts

This is is not even mentioning that now we have a very pissed younger generation. Who now have a severe contempt for the older generation for getting them a result they did not want. And the country is even more fractured, as Scotland, Northern Ireland, London and the Thames Valley are very pissed at the rest of England & Wales. Afterall 51.9% of 75% or so is still just a little less 17.5 million people. With 65 million in the country... it is not a good result. Especially when if you include those who could not vote, they overwhelmingly would have voted remain (16-17 year olds, foreign nationals etc.), thereby toppling the thin margin leave has. 

What the whiney younger generation forget is that us oldies have seen the EEC become the bloated s***y mess of the EU. They also forget that us oldies have more to lose in the short term if it goes tits up as I can draw my pension in 10 years. So at the moment my pension pot is the balence. But hey lets just slag the old people of for having a different view of the youth.
  • Cool 2

Beta Tester
122 posts

It shows we have some balls and don't like being bullied by the powers that be . 

Thing is.. Trading is far easier when you're a member of the EU. GB now has to look for new contracts with the EU, which will obviously require GB to play by the EUs rules. Only thing that changed: GB isn't involved in EU's strategic decisions anymore - GJ

• Cool 1

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,330 posts
13,776 battles

Voted leave and no regrets in the slightest, camerons re-negotiation was pointless and brought nothing back, juncker said himself that there would be no more negotiations if voted to stay in and add in all other countries who vote against us what is the point?

1. 52% to 48% - The UK will come out, do you really think the goverment will just stay in? This is democracy and people have spoken.

2. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - It is crap, a 1/3 of all the people who have signed it are from the UK, everyone else is outside the UK and the kicker is it will not happen, it is democracy at work.

3. Nope, it is yes or no there is no third option. But the EU do like to ignore referendums and have done and even made them vote again.

I even though brexit would lose at the start of election night, cameron even extended the deadline so people could sign up to vote which is technically illegal and frankly should not have been allowed because they had months to sign up and they left it to the last minute.

Only 36% of eligible young voters (18-24) actually voted and the next age group 25-34 i think just over half voted, so young voters can be pissed but frankly they did not go out and vote and that is tough crap.

As for scotland the SNP will push for another ref to gain freedom from the UK but then give it back to the EU but under tougher laws but even so the oil price has dropped so any budget relying on oil is void and i wish we could cut london off and sail it into the sea to drown.

In the end bremain caused it themselves, the people hate the establishment more than ever and that includes cameron and corbyn who actually backed remain half assed when he wanted out while scaremongering the public and calling them racists.

Well then you can sit on your small Island with no natural resorces and no indistrie that can compeate vs chia anyway. perhaps going isolated and restricting yourself to your domestic market will do you good.

Seriously Scontland has more than oil just like Bavaria is more thans some Castles and cows. They invested in Technology both. but you want to cut of some of your more futuelooking resorces if you count the financial Center of London.

Dont get me wrong i do agree politican who just serve themself should get a kick in the BEEEP and in that case i dont differ between London Paris Brüssel or Berlin. But just saying  HAHA we are out now we are the old empire again...oh wait were are our colonies...ok Falkland and Gibralta will pull us thogh..... i think not. In a globalizing world Standing alone isnt a good Thing.

Edit: Or is your next Referendum becoming a part of the US? Would be a rather funny turn in History ,-)))

Edited by Spellfire40
  • Cool 1

Players
381 posts

Thing is.. Trading is far easier when you're a member of the EU. GB now has to look for new contracts with the EU, which will obviously require GB to play by the EUs rules. Only thing that changed: GB isn't involved in EU's strategic decisions anymore - GJ

They are already talking about a status quo for trade. We are the 3rd biggest market for German cars so do you seriously expect them to impose tariffs? There is no reason why the big hitters will drag this out or impose  sanctions as when its all said and done then the money talks. The EU is already talking about us becoming an associate of the EU so we can still trade with them. But this was the common man telling the powers that be we are sick of the lies and being treated like idiots. Its a wake up call for many people in power.

[HAVEN]
Players
720 posts
8,445 battles

Well then you can sit on your small Island with no natural resorces and no indistrie that can compeate vs chia anyway. perhaps going isolated and restricting yourself to your domestic market will do you good.

Seriously Scontland has more than oil just like Bavaria is more thans some Castles and cows. They invested in Technology both. but you want to cut of some of your more futuelooking resorces if you count the financial Center of London.

Dont get me wrong i do agree politican who just serve themself should get a kick in the BEEEP and in that case i dont differ between London Paris Brüssel or Berlin. But just saying  HAHA we are out now we are the old empire again...oh wait were are our colonies...ok Falkland and Gibralta will pull us thogh..... i think not. In a globalizing world Standing alone isnt a good Thing.

Edit: Or is your next Referendum becoming a part of the US? Would be a rather funny turn in History ,-)))

Scotland budget for independence was basically rely on oil money, the UK bails out scotland every year as it is and gives more per head than anywhere else in the country while also being able to implement various laws, they are already near enough independent.

In a globalizing world being part of a closed off small club is not good either.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,330 posts
13,776 battles

They are already talking about a status quo for trade. We are the 3rd biggest market for German cars so do you seriously expect them to impose tariffs? There is no reason why the big hitters will drag this out or impose  sanctions as when its all said and done then the money talks. The EU is already talking about us becoming an associate of the EU so we can still trade with them. But this was the common man telling the powers that be we are sick of the lies and being treated like idiots. Its a wake up call for many people in power.

​It dont matters to Germany. We shoulded the reuinification compared to that even the greece crisis is pocket Change. And giving specal privileges to The UK just gets more contrys to asking themself why dont we go out too still geting what we want but having shouldering None of the burden? There will be trade deals but i wouldt be suprised if they would be very unfavorable to the UK and that would presure Scotland to get a 2ed Referendum too.