You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
tacomaco

Does WG spend any effort on PvE missions and Coop?

14 comments in this topic

Players
82 posts
2,010 battles

I had a long break from the game(~1 year) and after all this time it looks like Wargaming hasn't done anything to improve the pve/coop battles. It's still the same watered down version of the Random PvP battles with a smaller team and reduced rewards...

Right now WoWs is doing ok because there isn't any competition but Warthunder already displayed the first naval combat even if it was in the form of a 1apr joke. World of Tanks survived the competition from Armored Warfare but World of Warships doesn't have the same amount of players with the invested time and money.

I hope WG get their act together before the Warthunder Navy launches.

Beta Tester
722 posts
16,744 battles

WG has communicated they have a lot of plans for Co-Op. Maybe something went wrong with that particular line in translating cause it looks like they meant 'Nah'.

Players
2,832 posts
21,712 battles

sry but who cares about pve/coop

playing bots is either frustrationg because they are too good or its dull cause they are predictable and bad.

i understand some people dont like the challange of playing human opponents but afaik they are a minority so

resources are better spand in improving stuff all players benefit from Maps/balance/graphics/new content

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
722 posts
16,744 battles

playing bots is either frustrationg because they are too good or its dull cause they are predictable and bad.

i understand some people dont like the challange of playing human opponents but afaik they are a minority so

resources are better spand in improving stuff all players benefit from Maps/balance/graphics/new content

Well that's never going to change when it's taken for a unchangeable given right?

I care a lot about Co-Op and -judging by the fact I never have to wait more than 30 seconds to get into a game- I wouldn't be too sure about that minority.

Last time I heard the numbers were running at 30% playing Co-Op exclusively. That's not minor.

Just saying, when WG would develop a serious PvE mode, my guess would be it becoming quite popular.

Edited by Architekton
  • Cool 2

Weekend Tester
1,677 posts
18,664 battles

I had a long break from the game(~1 year) and after all this time it looks like Wargaming hasn't done anything to improve the pve/coop battles. It's still the same watered down version of the Random PvP battles with a smaller team and reduced rewards...

Right now WoWs is doing ok because there isn't any competition but Warthunder already displayed the first naval combat even if it was in the form of a 1apr joke. World of Tanks survived the competition from Armored Warfare but World of Warships doesn't have the same amount of players with the invested time and money.

I hope WG get their act together before the Warthunder Navy launches.

The point of PvE is game introduction and for some testing, having relaxed games where you can turn off Brain Mk 1 module...

I do not see it as any type of "end content" or "stand alone mode" like in AW for example, and it should not be imho.

Devs should keep most effort on PvP.

Speaking of competition, WT is still stuck at the joke level. When they will launch it (if at all)? In like 3 years?

If they stick with the concept of like 18th century ships I predict a very low demand and playerbase.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
1,924 battles

They had confirmed they are working on improving PVE. Possibly as part of historical battle scenarios. But it is a low priority. 

They are currently focusing on balance, new maps, and especially ships (currently working on KM and RN ships).

Also, I highly doubt that War Thunder or lack of PVE will kill the game. War Thunder might end up with good ship gameplay, but so far we got nothing, so can't really know. Also the APril fools day pirates was basicly just tanks on water in the way they worked, firering, aiming, moving and so on. 

Not Saying I ain't looking forward to War Thunder navy. But they are completely different game, only having naval warfare in common really.

• Cool 1

Players
6,008 posts
7,043 battles

There is coop mode where you can play only against bots.

But I think that real coop mode would not bring more people to the game, and the PvP gamer base would be less because some of players would play coop mode more often to not get angry in PvP.

So basically I don't want extended/more atractive PvE/coop mode.

Players
2,832 posts
21,712 battles

They had confirmed they are working on improving PVE. Possibly as part of historical battle scenarios.

well that could be fun but after a few times it would done.

like a campaing in a RTS

you play it for the story and replay it maybe 1-2 times then youre done with it.

2,556 posts
1,924 battles

well that could be fun but after a few times it would done.

like a campaing in a RTS

you play it for the story and replay it maybe 1-2 times then youre done with it.

Same with the PVE in Armored Warfare. The same missions over and over again. That is how most PVE mission are in most coop games. Some have som random elements, but most of the time, PVE is repetitive.

Then again, not saying that is nessecary bad. More choice in how to play is allways better. PVE or PVP :)

Beta Tester
722 posts
16,744 battles

I also have my doubts on whether missions/historical battles are the way to go. Perhaps a 'nice to have' bonus. Depends on so much really. 

In terms of Co-Op I'd just like a more challenging difficulty mode. I suppose for some players the current level is also nice so just normal or hard mode

and maybe extreme where you either face-off against very lethal bots via some kind of modifiers for them or they just get more ships or waves/respawns.

That can't be such a big deal to implement and I reckon, if it's paired with at least somewhat better rewards, it could be ok.

2,556 posts
1,924 battles

I think they were considering PVE for historical as an alternative as the historical PVP experimentation did not work in WoT. Apparently nobody wan'ts to play pz 3 against KV-1 or sherman against tiger. Who would have though? :trollface:

Also, people have asked for historical encounter/battles, so why not add as a bonus at some point?

And yeh I agree, current PVE is not that challanging, hence the poor rewards. It is mostly meant for people to try out new ships/classes before ranked so they can get a handle of how a CV or BB playes differently from a DD for example.

Not that anyone does that ofcourse. Or basicly a place for people to play a few stress less battles.

Players
82 posts
2,010 battles

WG could do a lot of scenarios/historical battles with PvE/Coop that can't be done with 15vs15 random battles.

PvE has just as much potential as PvP when it comes to audience. Not sure why WG has such a hard time understanding it. I hope they won't end up like World of Warplanes as soon as they get some competition.

• Cool 1