Sign in to follow this  
Danny202

USS Arizona 4K - very detailed screenshots.

26 comments in this topic

[IDDQD]
[IDDQD]
Beta Tester
810 posts
10,444 battles
Alpha Tester
356 posts
2,656 battles

do u know what is best with Arizona ?

NO PATHETIC RUST-BOMB !

thx WGN, finally you give the first ship more grace with a fresh looking camo-job

I hope u will do the same for all premium camos !

but there is 1 thing I dont like with this Arizona:

why does Arizona has a dark-grey colored deck like USN mid-to-late war ships ????

as far as I know Arizona always had a natural wood deck, even at the time she carried this camo and at the time she sunk in Pearl Harbor....

• Cool 1

Players
2,928 posts
6,317 battles

Oooh... pretty! Thanks for the pictures!

It looks like they toned down the blue a bit (unless it's just the sunset) but it looks much nicer than the bright garish look from earlier shots.

But Masterrix is right, her main deck should be bare wood not stained blue. Oh well...

[IDDQD]
[IDDQD]
Beta Tester
810 posts
10,444 battles

I'm not supertester. It's a normal modification, which is the part of Aslain's WoWS ModPack.

Edited by Danny202

[IDDQD]
[IDDQD]
Beta Tester
810 posts
10,444 battles

NO PATHETIC RUST-BOMB !

thx WGN, finally you give the first ship more grace with a fresh looking camo-job

but there is 1 thing I dont like with this Arizona:

why does Arizona has a dark-grey colored deck like USN mid-to-late war ships ????

as far as I know Arizona always had a natural wood deck, even at the time she carried this camo and at the time she sunk in Pearl Harbor....

Arizona in the game is a modification of early 1942. The ship got a new radar and better air defense. Maybe that 's why the ship doesn´t have a wood deck. :)

Edited by Danny202

[ATRA]
Beta Tester
405 posts
12,306 battles

Looks nice, some japanese bombs impacts missing here and there but nice...

• Cool 1

Players
26 posts
1,437 battles

Will be sweet to see the next US Battleship tech tree in the future.. So many ships are out there! Pennsylvania class, Nevada class, Tennessee class are just some of the tier 5-7 BBs that can be added..

[ROGUE]
Players
111 posts
20,796 battles

Arizona in the game is a modification of early 1942. The ship got a new radar and better air defense. Maybe that 's why the ship doesn´t have a wood deck. :)

Huh...Arizona was on the bottom of Pearl Harbor in early 1942.

Beta Tester
4,594 posts
20,080 battles

Huh...Arizona was on the bottom of Pearl Harbor in early 1942.

that is a version when she woud have survived and refitted otherwhise it woudnt have that good AA 

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,608 posts

NO PATHETIC RUST-BOMB !

I feel like the only person who likes rust...

Looks nice, some japanese bombs impacts missing here and there but nice...

Fun fact: the bombs were modified 16" battleship shells.

Beta Tester
4,594 posts
20,080 battles

well,I like rust and miss the used camo look on the ships

still dont know why WG made the ships look like plastic

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,608 posts

well,I like rust and miss the used camo look on the ships

still dont know why WG made the ships look like plastic

Exactly, plastic! They haven't done good enough work on metal lighting and texturing to make the clean look actually nice. The HD models in WoT, on the other hand, look great even with bright camo applied.

Players
2,928 posts
6,317 battles

There's no additional AA I can see in those pictures that would justify a fictional 1942 refit. Even the RADAR is probably accurate, most of the battleships at Pearl had one by then. It's only the deck that's the wrong colour.

Oh and No.3 turret (X turret to the Brits) should have a catapult on it, and I believe as a result did not have the red roof. Nitpicking here :P

Beta Tester
4,594 posts
20,080 battles

There's no additional AA I can see in those pictures that would justify a fictional 1942 refit. Even the RADAR is probably accurate, most of the battleships at Pearl had one by then. It's only the deck that's the wrong colour.

Oh and No.3 turret (X turret to the Brits) should have a catapult on it, and I believe as a result did not have the red roof. Nitpicking here :P

they are working on turret catapults the ships will get them in some time when the figured it out

[IDDQD]
[IDDQD]
Beta Tester
810 posts
10,444 battles

Hmmm .... Is the Arizona OP? Or super testers are very good players? What do you think about it? 

EU server stats

F68Td.png

and NA server stats

wRinT.png

Players
2,832 posts
21,712 battles

youre not alone...

Hmmm .... Is the Arizona OP? Or super testers are very good players? What do you think about it? 

you would have to compare the stats of the arizona to the stats of the new mex played by the same players to draw any conclustion.

si just cant see why the ship should outperform a new mex.

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,608 posts

A combination supertesters being good players, small sample size, and the rarity of the ship (people will not know how to deal with her, although they should since she's a standard US dreadnought, and even if they do they'll do stupid things just to be the guy who kills the supertester ship).

I think Arizona is weak(er than New Mexico, with worse AA and worse guns that even take longer to reload), but I haven't pored over the more subtle stats; her dispersion might be particularly good or something and I don't know. Things that are definitively better are hitpoints and gun range, but since NM is better at defending herself and should hence lose less health in general because her opponents will die faster, this is just Arizona catching up. Gun range is perhaps a more worthwhile improvement, but since both ships have spotter planes, access to the same plotting room upgrade, and enough range even without the plotting room upgrade under most circumstances (at least in randoms) when played properly anyway, I'm not inclined to say Arizona makes up for her shortcomings in firepower. If they gave her a 30 second reload, then we'd be talking.

Players
214 posts
11,481 battles

I'm worried that if Arizona gets the same matchmaking as New Mexico she's going to get absolutely shattered by T8 battleships. She's only marginally improved in hull armor from the New York, though she has the same number of guns the New Mexico has. WG probably could consider giving her preferential matchmaking such that she'll run up only to T7 maximum battleships IMHO... 

[BRITS]
Beta Tester
434 posts
10,636 battles

Available on NA, for 31$

Alpha Tester
19,378 posts
6,105 battles

I'm worried that if Arizona gets the same matchmaking as New Mexico she's going to get absolutely shattered by T8 battleships. She's only marginally improved in hull armor from the New York, though she has the same number of guns the New Mexico has. WG probably could consider giving her preferential matchmaking such that she'll run up only to T7 maximum battleships IMHO... 

:trollface:

EU server stats

F68Td.png

and NA server stats

wRinT.png

Yeah, they should defo limit this ship to max tier VII.... 

:rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this