You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mayo0666

Premium Ship ... which one?

62 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
42 posts
7,095 battles

Hi all,

i was looking for a premium ship among the ones available but i cannot choose...

Any suggestions?

Thank-you

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
722 posts
16,744 battles

Depends really what you feel comfortable with. Atago is a great ship and relatively newbie friendly. Kutuzov is also superb but requires a bit more skill...that kinda thing?

Alpha Tester
19,378 posts
6,105 battles

Depends really what you feel comfortable with. Atago is a great ship and relatively newbie friendly. Kutuzov is also superb but requires a bit more skill...that kinda thing?

Recommending tier 8's for someone with 200 battles and nothing > tier 5 in silver ships? 

Hi all,

i was looking for a premium ship among the ones available but i cannot choose...

Any suggestions?

Thank-you

Do you like your Murmansk? Doesn't look like it but if you do, Marblehead is basically another Omaha ( with less range ). Otherwise, as tier 5 is your highest tier, I would do everyone and yourself a favor and not buy a tier 8. Any of the low tier premiums might be better suited for you, depending on which class you like the most there are Tachibana's, Emden's, Mikasa's and Aurora's, or Ishizuchi if you like fast but not well armored battleships. 

• Cool 1

Players
406 posts
6,492 battles

Good job recommending T8 ships to someone who has recently unlocked T5!

@OP

You don't need a T8 premium at this stage. You obviously got a lack of knowledge (essential game mechanics) and would be a burden for the team.

Level up to T8 and get familiar how to play there and decide then.

Players
4,392 posts
12,107 battles

Given your current level of tier. NO offense meant! Just want to advice you from making the same mistakes I have. I'd recommend Texas, Murmansk or Molotov. I took Atago when I had your level and I regretted it very much. Only later I started to appreciate the ship. I'd wait with Warspite if I were you with the new patch coming up. I've seen rumors it's been nerfed to uselessness because secondaries (best ingame after Yamato) are being changed dramatically.

[KOKOS]
[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,418 posts
11,878 battles

Play more battles first, before buying a (high tier) Premium Ship.

213 battles Beta Tester.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,330 posts
13,776 battles

If you want creditmaker Murmansk or molotov are both pretty okish. If you can live with low rate of fire Texas is nice. Dont get Mikasa or Izu both are crap for teir Tir and require either stupid oponemts or a very good player to perform well in.

Beta Tester
722 posts
16,744 battles

Recommending tier 8's for someone with 200 battles and nothing > tier 5 in silver ships? 

Do you like your Murmansk? Doesn't look like it but if you do, Marblehead is basically another Omaha ( with less range ). Otherwise, as tier 5 is your highest tier, I would do everyone and yourself a favor and not buy a tier 8. Any of the low tier premiums might be better suited for you, depending on which class you like the most there are Tachibana's, Emden's, Mikasa's and Aurora's, or Ishizuchi if you like fast but not well armored battleships. 

It was a question (see the question mark?) not a recommendation. That and the fact the OP has a beta tester tag which made me assume he was a more experienced player. I'm not in the habit of immediately checking someones stats but I guess in this case it would have been prudent. My huge bad. Yes of course, don't buy a tier VIII premium PLEASE.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
19,378 posts
6,105 battles

It was a question (see the question mark?) not a recommendation. That and the fact the OP has a beta tester tag which made me assume he was a more experienced player. I'm not in the habit of immediately checking someones stats but I guess in this case it would have been prudent. My huge bad. Yes of course, don't buy a tier VIII premium PLEASE.

I always check unless OP's post contains info about his experience and current ships and which he likes. Since he didn't I am trying to gather that info from his profile, sadly it's rather limited since statistical performance in ships doesn't always match the enjoyment people have when playing ( which should be the most important thing right :) ). Case in point: Atlanta syndrome :trollface:

He already had the Murmansk but he performed quite poorly in it, which surprised me since he did the best in his Omaha. So staying close to Omaha clone's I recommended looking at the Marblehead even while almost everyone would agree the Murmansk is the better of the two because of the range penalty. 

• Cool 1

[TMCB]
Players
247 posts
15,069 battles

I suggest Molotov (if You like cruisers) or Texas (If You like US BB)..

after some games done you should have more knowledge about aiming (those guns requires prediction like all ships later in game), manovering (cruisers can't handle too much under BB fire).

All Tier 7+ premiums will make Your game frustrated (to be efficient here You need some good skills - training this will take some time).

Players
2,832 posts
21,712 battles

I suggest Molotov (if You like cruisers).....

All Tier 7+ premiums will make Your game frustrated ....

how do you fit those two together????

i would recomend waiting till you know the game good enough to play tier 8  without beeing frustrated in a cruiser and then getting an atago or a kutuzov depending on taste. 

Beta Tester
2,980 posts
16,158 battles

Hi all,

Any suggestions?

Thank-you

Murmansk and Kamikaze R  are the best and easiest ships at T5 to master and do really great in imho. Murmansk is one of my all time favorite ships and the one i knock out Kraken after Kraken in, so if thats not youre experience in her i would recommend you to not buy another Premium but instead train more in Murmansk, because that ship has any potential to be a BEAST in the hand of a good Murmansk captain.

I would only recommend buying Kamikaze if you really love DD play and want something more to switch it up with.

• Cool 1

Players
8,241 posts

Lol telling someone with no experience of high tiers to get an Atago borders on trolling. Its an awesome ship if you know the score. Someone who doesn't understand it might get kills and not lose credits but they won't be hugely effective. 

• Cool 1

[TMCB]
Players
247 posts
15,069 battles

how do you fit those two together????

i would recomend waiting till you know the game good enough to play tier 8  without beeing frustrated in a cruiser and then getting an atago or a kutuzov depending on taste. 

1. Both ships can learn basics of aiming and manovering.

2. Premium ships does not mean always Tier 8, ships like Warspite, Molotov, Indianapolis are very nice to play (the last one requires a bit more experience). Almost all premium DD are very nice also..

3. If our friend would like to spend moeny on something, no one gona stop him.

IMHO he should read some reviews, watch videos etc. to get something with he will be happy about, Murmansk was good.. long time ago, now it's just average Tier 5 premium ship.

And I agree with post before.. Atago is not a newbie friendly ship.

Edited by Kamataron

Beta Tester
722 posts
16,744 battles

1) Wouldn't suggest the Molotov to any player who's not completely comfortable with glass cannon cruisers and even then she is very situational. Don't fall for this 'oh but she has the Donskoi guns' bull either. Imo she's at least on par with the Atlanta where it concerns the learning curve on how to play her correctly maybe even more difficult since you can't shoot over obstacles. Also she doesn't have a wooden deck which is essential to good looking RU cruisers imo (:P), she turns like a cow so you can't Pepsi-wiggle, for kiting she sucks balls cause 1 rear turret and finally she looks like someone designed a big hull and threw the bridge of a destroyer on her. Oh no wait, she also comes with the famous russian premium camo which is designed for ships that sail on the tundra.

2) Texas is a fun ship if you can stomach the snails pace at which you'll crawl over the seas. 

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,330 posts
13,776 battles

Well If he has Murmansk he should try to make her perform before investing in another. She is one of the best performing and easy to play ships.

[SCRUB]
Players
5,763 posts
16,925 battles

Texas is a fun ship if you can stomach the snails pace at which you'll crawl over the seas. 

Range upgrade + the right choice of music will ease the pain.

Beta Tester
722 posts
16,744 battles

Range upgrade + the right choice of music will ease the pain.

Haha yes though I always listen to Satie or Chopin when sailing my BB's. There's an eerie paradox involved I know but it relaxes me quite a bit :)

Players
8,241 posts

I actually don't really like my Texas. It does what you expect from a USN BB. Inflexible due to slow speed, awful guns at range but very tanky. I'll probably give the Arizona a miss if it plays like all other standard USN BB.

Players
2,832 posts
21,712 battles

2. Premium ships does not mean always Tier 8, ships like Warspite, Molotov, Indianapolis are very nice to play (the last one requires a bit more experience). Almost all premium DD are very nice also..

the warspite is maybe ok for a new player

but the Molotov and Indi are in now way good ships for a new player.

you might find them comfortable to play but  a new player most certainly will hate his life driving tose boats!

imho (even thou i would not recomend either for a new player) a "noob" will have way more fun in a atago than a molotiv

Beta Tester
214 posts
5,188 battles

The Warspite is not for a beginner.

You are slow and cannot react to the action.

You do have to aim well to get good results.

A new player who never played BBs wont have fun with the warspite if he cant aim for crap.

Murmansk is the get go ship for tier5.

Dont take a DD nor get a ship above tier 5, maximum 6.

Cause new players in tier7 and above are always bad apples for the teams.

if you hapopen to be tier 8 regulary.. get atago.

OP as OP it can be

Players
2 posts
1,422 battles

Lookout for the Marblehead - hopefully my experience in it is typical: when I picked it up I was already at T5 cruisers and the Marblehead seems a little more advanced than where the Omaha left shipwise but stays at the same battle tiers :)

I enjoy Marblehead battles.

[TMCB]
Players
247 posts
15,069 battles

Some peoples who used to play Murmansk (or similar low tier US cruisers) are trying to round circles in other ships with will make their damage output very poor - their guns were not able to track target.

Molotov and Indianapolis since of layout should learn their owners how to aim and manover correctly. Both ship are similar, but their guns are from two different worlds (shell balistics).

IMHO Indianapolis is one of hardest cruisers from all premium shop. Ship got it's own weak points with You need to take in mind if You want to use her efficiently, i think it's even harder than Atago (with is definitely not a newbie friendly ship).

But i have to say.. i like Indianapolis.

Marblehead.. it's a top of old US cruiser chrismas tree :great:

Edited by Kamataron

Beta Tester
722 posts
16,744 battles

Some peoples who used to play Murmansk (or similar low tier US cruisers) are trying to round circles in other ships with will make their damage output very poor - their guns were not able to track target.

Molotov and Indianapolis since of layout should learn their owners how to aim and manover correctly. Both ship are similar, but their guns are from two different worlds (shell balistics).

IMHO Indianapolis is one of hardest cruisers from all premium shop. Ship got it's own weak points with You need to take in mind if You want to use her efficiently, i think it's even harder than Atago (with is definitely not a newbie friendly ship).

But i have to say.. i like Indi :D

Atago not newbie friendly? :amazed:

Love the Indy too but mostly because I think she looks absolutely stunning :)

[MORIA]
Players
600 posts
10,347 battles

Hi all,

Any suggestions?

Thank-you

I would like to receommed the Kutuzov. I had about the same number of battles that you have when i got it, and i dont regret. It was basically the game learner for me getting me into high tiers.