You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
The_Bearded_Clam

Dud torps

29 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
4,525 posts
9,851 battles

Wait.. you're taking photos of your screen?..

That explains how you'd not know that it's not dud torps that's your issue.

• Cool 3

[TTT]
Players
1,952 posts
6,429 battles

If all the torpedoes hit around the same area it is due to damage saturation. Ships are divided into sections each section has an amount of hit points that is reduced by HE and torpedo damage. Once the hit points of the section is depleted it will no longer take HE or torpedo damage. AP always does damage when it pens and isn't affected by damage saturation.

• Cool 1

Players
1,202 posts
8,169 battles

Obviously not duds, 6 out of 6 torpedoes caused flooding. Most likely, all of your torpedoes hit the bow or stern of the enemy ship. The section they hit was almost out of hitpoints before the first hit and completely out of hitpoints afterward. 

Beta Tester
722 posts
12,354 battles

It's a game mechanic based on real life. You can check it very easily: Just fire 6 torpedoes or shells at the same spot into a house and you'll notice only the first two will do damage.

Players
216 posts
3,548 battles

Is this saturation damage a flaw in the game mechanics? In theory you hit with six torps you will sink almost every boat in that tier assuming no duds. 

If if its intended, why?

Beta Tester
722 posts
12,354 battles

Not sure if it's intended. It might be. Would require more advanced hitboxes to get rid of. Think of a ship as a collection of boxes. Each of those boxes has a maximum damage quotum. When you saturate that box, it basically stops transmitting damage to the global health pool of the ship. It's quite rare for this to happen though (although chances of it happening are obviously not zero).

Players
14 posts
2,841 battles

Hi 

The torps hit along the full length of the ship, it had very little HP left, yet it was the flooding that sunk it, not the first time it happened,

the next game happened again, stuck the Gnevny with 2 torps in the forward end under the forward guns, one midships, due to the spread of torps, again it did not sink, 

taking photos of the screen with phone, because the print screen does not work, works in WOWP, but not WOWS, not a clue why  

IMAG0685.jpg

IMAG0686.jpg

Beta Tester
4,525 posts
9,851 battles

This is like watching JJ Star Trek.

An amusing failure with loads of lens flare...   :fishpalm:

• Cool 2

Players
720 posts
8,665 battles

Hi 

The torps hit along the full length of the ship, it had very little HP left, yet it was the flooding that sunk it, not the first time it happened,

the next game happened again, stuck the Gnevny with 2 torps in the forward end under the forward guns, one midships, due to the spread of torps, again it did not sink, 

taking photos of the screen with phone, because the print screen does not work, works in WOWP, but not WOWS, not a clue why  

Someone told me people still play WoWP. I just laughed. :hiding:

• Cool 1

Players
303 posts
4,988 battles

Obviously not duds, 6 out of 6 torpedoes caused flooding. Most likely, all of your torpedoes hit the bow or stern of the enemy ship. The section they hit was almost out of hitpoints before the first hit and completely out of hitpoints afterward.

I heard a lot of this over damage or out of hit points. WFT it this if out of damage point then it part of the ship should blow up so if it the bow then the ship sinks.

fed of this undamagebel ships area.

I also seen on undamaged ship 42 HE zipo damage takes the piss.

it bugged to hell right now and needs removing from the game.

Beta Tester
722 posts
12,354 battles

WFT it this if out of damage point then it part of the ship should blow up so if it the bow then the ship sinks.

Play the game some more. Most of the time, when you're out of hitpoints, you really tend to blow up somewhat.

[TTT]
Players
1,952 posts
6,429 battles

Could it just be RNG rather than saturation?

There is no RNG when it comes to damage.
  • Cool 1

Players
303 posts
4,988 battles

Play the game some more. Most of the time, when you're out of hitpoints, you really tend to blow up somewhat.

most is the key and player are say that is why his torp did not damage it bugged.

Beta Tester
2,119 posts
4,874 battles

Replay...

You are not giving us any proof and the people in this thread are all telling your that you're wrong.

Quality Poster
1,676 posts
8,660 battles

It's a game mechanic based on real life. You can check it very easily: Just fire 6 torpedoes or shells at the same spot into a house and you'll notice only the first two will do damage.

Actually, please don't do that, I am pretty sure you will get into trouble for that..

There is a certain level of RNG involved as well, torpedoes do a random amount of damage, but I've never seen damage this low, so the most likely explanation is hitting a saturated part of the ship.

Had a similar problem yesterday, was shooting HE and doing no damage, despite several salvos of good hits, switched to AP, was able to take out the last HP of the the enemy ship and sink him.

Players
42 posts
4,980 battles

If all the torpedoes hit around the same area it is due to damage saturation. Ships are divided into sections each section has an amount of hit points that is reduced by HE and torpedo damage. Once the hit points of the section is depleted it will no longer take HE or torpedo damage. AP always does damage when it pens and isn't affected by damage saturation.

I keep hearing this drivel.

Can some bright-spark tell me how you can now ensure that your arty / torp shots have ZERO spread and ALL hit exactly the same section of the ship?

I've seen this where 20 (TWENTY !) shots (salvos from different attackers) hit a ship with ZERO damage (and they very obviously DID NOT hit the 'same section') - there weren't even any explosions / sounds - they went THROUGH the ship.

Edited by Defactio

[GN0ME]
Beta Tester
5,339 posts
2,368 battles

There is a certain level of RNG involved as well, torpedoes do a random amount of damage,

No they dont. Torpedoes do a certain amount of damage unless the ship's part has lower health than the torpedo's damage

they went THROUGH the ship.

That sounds like package loss. The hitbox of the ship according to server is not at the same place with what you were seeing

[TTT]
Players
1,952 posts
6,429 battles

I keep hearing this drivel.

Can some bright-spark tell me how you can now ensure that your arty / torp shots have ZERO spread and ALL hit exactly the same section of the ship?

I've seen this where 20 (TWENTY !) shots (salvos from different attackers) hit a ship with ZERO damage (and they very obviously DID NOT hit the 'same section') - there weren't even any explosions / sounds - they went THROUGH the ship.

If you are pointed at the torpedoes you can take a few on the bow easily enough. For shots the superstructure is likely depleted. The whole superstructure is one section. HE also doesn't do to well against the belt armour of some ships.

The shots going through the ship is a desync issue.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,098 posts
10,360 battles

​I think if you try that out you get into serious trobble.

Not to metioned live shells are kinda hard to come by ,-))