You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Crysantos

[Contest] Ranked Season 4 - Ironman Mode

32 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,271 posts
11,816 battles

Hey there captains!

I'm happy to see a new ranked season coming up and I have a little contest in mind for those of you who want to be ... a bit more challenged than others. Thus the rules are a bit strict - but we don't want to pamper you, right? ;) So I'll be giving away a Blyskawica for the first to reach rank #1 in the...almighty Atlanta or Pensacola only - and 2.500 dubloons for the person who comes in second.

What do you need to do?

- reach rank 1 with Atlanta OR Pensacola ONLY (no other ship is allowed) from rank 15 on

- screenshot of your profile / ranked season results for season 4 with ships used

- screenshot of the last battle that put you on rank 1 (need it for the timestamp)

Rewards:

1st place:  Blyskawica (or something comparable if you have that one already)

2nd place: 2.500 Dubloons

Enjoy! #tryhard

• Cool 4

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,271 posts
11,816 battles

better not catch you crying on stream because people are using atlantas or Pepsicola's.

For this they get my absolution - but only for this :trollface:

[B0TS]
Players
33 posts
4,685 battles

Oh gods, i'm so over this. I was doubting wether to try engaging in ranked, since this will be my first season, but you are combining a deadly desire to compete with my beyond logical love for Atlanta here.

Also, where can i fax my future therapy bills ? :hiding:

• Cool 2

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,271 posts
11,816 battles

Oh gods, i'm so over this. I was doubting wether to try engaging in ranked, since this will be my first season, but you are combining a deadly desire to compete with my beyond logical love for Atlanta here.

Also, where can i fax my future therapy bills ? :hiding:

I think that would be... Ectar :D

Players
197 posts
555 battles

Candy from a baby since the Atlanta is the best premium ship in the game. :)

• Cool 1

Players
203 posts
14,011 battles

Damn i sold my Pepsi 2 weeks ago, otherwise this would be great, because Pepsi can be string; but i dont wnt to by this ship again...

Players
187 posts
5,697 battles

Im almost rank 8, have Pensacola 2 times and atlanta maybe 3 times.

Atlanta has great potential on shatter with hydrosearch, all dds just popping smoke like losers and then while they chill in the smoke you come with the hydro and flush the toilet, kawush.

Im really curious if anyone will rank with exclusively these ships.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,074 posts
17,364 battles

What was the reason choosing those 2 ships? 

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,271 posts
11,816 battles

What was the reason choosing those 2 ships? 

Both are considered to be bad - so I wanted to see if anybody would be willing to accept the challenge and work his / her way up to the top with the allegedly weaker ships. It's a challenge :)

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,074 posts
17,364 battles

I may try it for fun,  probably not gonna get any prize because I play Ranked casually. 

• Cool 1

[RAIN]
Beta Tester
50 posts
10,608 battles

It a shame i saw this so late, i would have given it the good ole college try just for shi$ and giggles, but alas im already at 6

• Cool 1

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,074 posts
17,364 battles

Ok, got to rank 15.

So a profile screenshot showing that the only tier 7 I used was one of them, and results of the last battle, right?

Players
2,417 posts
15,503 battles

Atlanta is the number 2 cruiser behind Myoko in win rate, it looks like a great choice.

p4nix is currently at rank 7 with a 70% win rate after 55 games, I hope they look at this thread :great:

[UN]
Weekend Tester
870 posts
20,504 battles

This reminds me of a challenge ichase once did. Asking people to drive a bb only backwards and only shooting HE did not make him very popular either....

P.S.: Mejash also mentioned an Atlanta challenge in his stream. And when I asked him about it a few days later, he stood by it, so....

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,271 posts
11,816 battles

Ok, got to rank 15.

So a profile screenshot showing that the only tier 7 I used was one of them, and results of the last battle, right?

Correct.

This reminds me of a challenge ichase once did. Asking people to drive a bb only backwards and only shooting HE did not make him very popular either....

P.S.: Mejash also mentioned an Atlanta challenge in his stream. And when I asked him about it a few days later, he stood by it, so....

This is hardly comparable to this challenge. All I'm asking for is taking a ship that has a very bad reputation and to show whether it's possible to make it to rank 1 with it or not. Nobody's forced to take it and with the current DD heavy meta the Atlanta is actually a good ship on most maps except for ocean. Nobody forces you to play it, nobody asks for stupid maneuvers in it - and it's still a way better choice than some other ships I've seen the past days ;)

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
27 posts
8,873 battles

Are there any people actually still trying this challenge?

Im doing the Pepsicola challenge, just got to rank 7 with 68% winrate!

Players
187 posts
5,697 battles

Are there any people actually still trying this challenge?

Im doing the Pepsicola challenge, just got to rank 7 with 68% winrate!

Nah man, pepsi is fine.

Actually like the gun placement compared to Myoko. And as long as you dont give flat broadside you will be fine.

Alpha Tester
244 posts
10,853 battles

Pepsi, no, wouldn't even think about this, but Atlanta is the best cruiser for ranked imo, especially for lower (higher) ranks. Unfortunately i don't own it. Hats off players with success in RB's in cruisers. I've tried it all, cruisers are in worst position by far.

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
27 posts
8,873 battles

Doing it in a Pensacola is rather frustrating, every battleship shell that hits you is a citadel.

Players
1,662 posts
12,265 battles

I played a lot of Pepsi from rank 15 to 13/12. She is definitely a viable option as DD hunter. I dislike IJN cruisers a lot due to their sluggish handling.

In the end, I re-purchased my Yorck though. I seem to die more often but I have the feeling of accomplishing more tasks with her. Just personal preference, of course. Pepsi is a fine ship for ranked. Unfortunately, I noticed this contest too late and I got stuck with tons of work, so reaching rank 1 is out of question by now.

[OM]
Players
566 posts
15,809 battles

so here we go, my insane atlanta journey has an end! :)

4HEWViz.jpg

C0QIOIq.jpg

sry for the big picture. :x

• Cool 4