Ph3lan

General Feedback

78 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Team
419 posts
1,286 battles

Greetings,

Please leave any  general feedback about the 0.5.7 Public Test in this topic. Please try to stay on topic, any off topics posts will be removed.

• Cool 1

Players
9 posts
1,462 battles
[edited]
Edited by BigBadVuk
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content.

Weekend Tester
1,675 posts
11,195 battles

[edited]

You do not need a new account. Register via PT website with the existing.

It will also give you a few bonus goodies (premium day, flags) on your main account.

Follow the instructions on: http://worldofwarships.eu/en/content/pt-guide/

From the guide:

"We recommend you register your Public Test Account with the same email address you are using for your standard (live server) account. That way we can deliver any rewards granted for participating in the Public Test sessions."

Edited by BigBadVuk

Weekend Tester
1,675 posts
11,195 battles

"The Public Test will be running from 8 June at 18:30 CEST until 13 June at 15:00 CEST. Keep in mind that this is a testing environment and unannounced maintenance and patch deployments can happen at any time during the Public Test phase."

Weekend Tester
349 posts
2,175 battles

I've read somewhere (Armored Patrol?) that the Yubari was to receive a buff in 0.5.7. Will this be the case or has this been rescheduled for a later patch?

Beta Tester
329 posts

Are you guys still getting no conection to the pt server? grts .

The test starts at 18:30 cest

[-FC-]
Players
296 posts
9,957 battles

Is there a Mac client that I can use for the Public test?  Or is it limited only to Windows users?  The "click here" link downloads a Windows executable.  There is quite a Mac WoWS community out there, so having some Mac testers pre-launch might help catch some of the teething issues we've been having with previous releases ...

Players
749 posts
8,282 battles

new camera is very smooth and easy (unlike the ctrl-shift-backspace). very easy and intuitive to use to get those dramatic moments - the utubers will love this ... now a nice replay system to go with it and we're sorted! :)

Edited by ShuggieHamster

[1701]
Beta Tester
35 posts
13,058 battles

Nice fast download for the updates at 2.5 Mb/s all the way through.

Players
228 posts
9,556 battles

My 0.5.7 PT client has never get higher than 20 fps (without any mod installed), meanwhile my 0.5.6 client can still reach 60-70 fps... Strange...

Edited by AstreTunes

Quality Poster
1,676 posts
8,660 battles

FYI, server is up.

Broken record time: I would like to have access to premium ships and preferably the entire tech tree unlocked.

I currently play mostly premium ships, or high tier ones, so that is my baseline.

When I play on PTS I have to grind towards the high tier ones and don't have access to premiums, so I can't make a direct comparison to the ships I have the a reasonable amount of recent experience with.

If there is a reason you are only unlocking tier IV at first, then please explain, so we understand why it works that way and we will stop asking (or be able to discuss them).

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
872 posts
4,368 battles

one complain about the new upgrades: now the secondairies one for the IJN BBs is only 5% more, which gives for example the nagato 6.4 range with flag instead of 7.3 before.

Secondairies are bad as they are, no need to nerf them more...

• Cool 4

Supertest Coordinator
6,337 posts
4,302 battles

Are we going to have a separate thread for upgrades? Only got to tier V so far in 3 games (two lines am testing). However...

Main battery mod vs. Magazine mod. Already interesting. -70% chance to detonation is already attractive. I dislike blowing up. That or less chance for armament randomly falling off... It's an interesting choice. I hope the rest of the upgraded work like this giving you a real choice.

For a cruiser I'd probably pick anti detonation whereas for battleships main armament mod...

[SKRUB]
[SKRUB]
Players
198 posts
8,116 battles

not too impressed with the secondary max range nerfs.

considering people are moaning about BBs snipeing maybe nerfing there close range armamants is a bad decision as it will force people into long range engagements only

old module gave 20% range boost, new one gives 5% range boost and an assortment of main battry stuff

your missing out on 15% which in the long run hurts on ships like the nagato where you spend a lot off time brawling and within the range off them

Secondairies are subpar at best as they are, no need to nerf them

Edited by Flukeyluke
  • Cool 1

[STEG]
Players
121 posts
10,895 battles

not too impressed with the secondary max range nerfs.

considering people are moaning about BBs snipeing maybe nerfing there close range armamants is a bad decision as it will force people into long range engagements only

old module gave 20% range boost, new one gives 5% range boost and an assortment of main battry stuff

your missing out on 15% which in the long run hurts on ships like the nagato where you spend a lot off time brawling and within the range off them

Secondairies are subpar at best as they are, no need to nerf them

Yes, agree! Secondaries on many battleships are actually a big thing, since they often turn like a brick and main batteries are hard to use against fast DDs and CLs.

No point nerfing them, since it's already a situational thing. You don't want to be that close to anything, but it happens.

• Cool 1

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,544 posts

First I'd like to echo complaints about the upgrade affecting secondary upgrades for non-USN battleships. Great that I don't have to sacrifice main battery accuracy (relative to other more metagame-minded players) to gain halfway usable secondaries... except now I have no option for getting halfway usable secondaries. Sigh.

The upgrade to massively reduce detonation chance is very welcome. Though it doesn't change the fact I'm still only ever going to choose the upgrade offering that effect from among the options in that slot (previously I put main battery mod.1 on everything).

Sounds for ship destruction are less insanely loud (good) but those I've heard so far sound more like a release of compressed air than a proper explosion (bad).

Edited by StringWitch

Players
764 posts
6,907 battles

FYI, server is up.

Broken record time: I would like to have access to premium ships and preferably the entire tech tree unlocked.

I currently play mostly premium ships, or high tier ones, so that is my baseline.

When I play on PTS I have to grind towards the high tier ones and don't have access to premiums, so I can't make a direct comparison to the ships I have the a reasonable amount of recent experience with.

If there is a reason you are only unlocking tier IV at first, then please explain, so we understand why it works that way and we will stop asking (or be able to discuss them).

they want people to sail lots of the ships just to see how they are rather than jumping straight in at tier 10.  whilst i am on the PT mainly to have a go in Hakuryu, Midway, Des Moines, Montana, Moskva, Hindenburg and Shimakaze, its useful to WG for people to test the lower tier stuff first.  for example, Tiers 8 9 and 10 US BBs are probably not going to fit that +16% range module because 21.3km range is more than enough on its own, but they want to test its effect on the slower ships on that line, and the upgrade is essential to new york, new mexico and colorado to make them competitive.  i've long said the north carolina should be allowed to fit a module that reduces dispersion and/or have her dispersion reduced.  they also  dont want people in premium ships because they are not likely to change in characteristics because if they do, they will get unhappy customers.  the point of the PT is to test ships you haven't got from a selfish point of view, to see if the line is worth playing, and to try and adapt to the new changes.  from a WG point of view, they want people to try the changes before they hit live on a wide variety of ships.  of course i could have read this completely wrong in which case i stand corrected

Players
764 posts
6,907 battles

all this complaining about secondary battery nerfs.  just look at the stats, the IJN BBs out perform US ones at the vast majority of tiers by a considerable margin.  it was clear something needed to be done.  i believe this patch may help, but they should have continued through with the -16% dispersion on Iowa and Montana rather than dropping to -11% instead