Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
puxflacet

Carriers visual nitpicks

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

10 posts in this topic

REPOST THREAD FROM US FORUM by Jinxed_Katajainen because he has a point...

Some model errors that have been bothering me...  low priority since they're visual only, but would be nice if they were 'fixed'

Ranger, Langley: Smokestacks stay upright during flight operations, should fold down

Almost every other carrier: Antenna poles stay upright, should fold down

Shokaku: Crane is deployed, should be stowed

ABKrM2L.jpg

Plane spotting order should be from front to back, Fighters, Dive Bombers, Torpedo Bombers as they need to be spotted in order of weight.  (Heavier planes need longer runs to lift off)

Uk19CYb.jpg

In-game, they're currently Dive Bomber, Torpedo Bomber, Fighters

QzwVDXf.jpg

8 people like this

Always wondered how do pilots land on a ranger without hitting a smokestack. Apparently they fold down. All fair points TBH should be fixed.

while at it I don't suppose that aft section of IJN CVs should be sticking out of water on higher waves....

Would be cool for a one-time animation at the beginning of the match. shouldn't be too hard with the radar-turrets and guns to implement movement on a carrier too.

1 person likes this

I raised the spotting order issue in the CV section a few weeks ago to little effect. I agree it's not high priority but neither is it a very difficult fix. Animations would be nice too albeit a bit more work. Basically all good stuff you are saying but we're unlikely to see it. Anyway I would rather they actually worked on giving us Akagi!

i didnt mean animations - just folded all the time (although just one animation at the start of a match would be cool but not necessary)...but the stacks etc should be folded. without any doubt

i didnt mean animations - just folded all the time (although just one animation at the start may be cool but not necessary)...but the stacks etc should be folded. without any doubt

Maybe they can un-fold when you're out of planes or something.. or when all your planes are in the air and fold again when they return, idk.

If I didn't play carriers before, I would play carriers just to watch these animations.

Also remove catapult plane from BB when they fire main guns, it would destroy the plane :smart_fish:

bump...will we ever see this done? quite easy fix and current state looks like a beginners mistake...and 2 years have passed

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0