Striko1989

Good job making Tirpitz dispersion like it is firing under defensive AA

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

117 posts in this topic

The Tirpitz is fine as it is.

She has very good armor (hard to citadel), but a huge superstructure (and meanwhile a somewhat soft front) to balance it.

She has average dispersion and penetration with a thing for shotgunning above 12km, but she has speed, ruddershift and torps to be very reliable at close range (more pen) and a high firerate to balance it at higher ranges. Don't forget the good secondaries.

Only difficulty I could see is Bismarck with the same dispersion, because you won't have the security of torps to keep enemy BBs and some cruisers at a safe distance.

Soft front? Doesn't sound like the Tirp that sits in my port.

Soft front? Doesn't sound like the Tirp that sits in my port.

I have the feeling I don't bounce shots as often as in Amagi, when fully angled (get a bunch of the 3.8k-hits in there)

I have the feeling I don't bounce shots as often as in Amagi, when fully angled (get a bunch of the 3.8k-hits in there)

Only time I ever get any damage from the front in my Tirp is when the shells either hit my superstructure or my deck. Otherwise I seem to be able to consistently bounce everything when going bow in.

Dear Tirpitz Captains,

Similar as you i have fallen in love with the Tirpitz and hate it in the same time for the very same reason! 
The dispersion was awful!  So i have decided to sacrifice the range of my secondaries and invested modules for reducing dispersion.
Now my boat is significantly improved, i have much more sniping hits and my secondaries only suffered 1.4km reduction on range (currently at 9.9km).

Good luck and fair seas :cap_like:

6 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

The staff should combine all these threads into one massive "Buff Tirp plz" one...

Are there many?

Not to mention this one is from over a year ago.

1 minute ago, Nechrom said:

Are there many?

Not to mention this one is from over a year ago.

There is one on the first page of the BB section right now, it's especially delicious as the guy is clearly lacking in experience.

Just now, Negativvv said:

There is one on the first page of the BB section right now, it's especially delicious as the guy is clearly lacking in experience.

I might have to drop by...

9 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Be gentle :fish_cute_2:

Not as fun when it's just a "post and run"-topic though. :Smile_sceptic:

1 person likes this

Theres nothing wrong with tirpitz, when 2ndaries got buffed to main line standards, i swiched out the accurasy module for 2ndary one and felt the accurasy hit. It trolled me time to time but thats it.

But this ship isnt for sitting back, so theres no excuse of whining about accurasy if you sit 15-21km out. I constantly hit where i aim, there are few wild shots but thats nature of this ship. I have 158 games in tirpitz, most of them before secondary buff 51.27% win % 82 739 avrage dmg. 88 games in bishmarck 55.68% winrate and 93 179 avrage dmg.

10 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

But this ship isnt for sitting back, so theres no excuse of whining about accurasy if you sit 15-21km out.

B-B-But the gunrange is 20+km! Clearly I need to fire it at max range! That's what it is there for!

Spoiler

:Smile_trollface:

13 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

B-B-But the gunrange is 20+km! Clearly I need to fire it at max range! That's what it is there for!

Reveal hidden contents

:Smile_trollface:

Yeah, don't let them fool you with torps, great secondaries, good traversespeed and turtleback. It's a trap! Max range = effective range. Period.

On 6/3/2016 at 2:46 PM, Striko1989 said:

In RL Bismarck/ Tirpitz have had greater accuracy..

No, they really didn't.

Final engagement with Bismarck: 

Germans: 0% 

British: estimated at less than 5% of the 719 BB shells fired with ranges closing as close as 3.5 km.

Battle of Jutland

British: 2.71% of 9,068 shells fired 

Germans: 3.39% of 7,194 shells fired

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damage_to_major_ships_at_the_Battle_of_Jutland

You don't realize just how blessed you are with that 30% average accuracy.

27 minutes ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

Tbf, they were turning nonstop :cap_old:

1 person likes this

41 minutes ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

Little before before that, Germans had 1 shell fired = 1 ship sunk.

Ok, it was a salvo fired, in fact several, not only a shell, but anyway, talking about statistics.

Then in the "final engagement" Bismarck artillery got disabled quickly.