Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
xRustbucketx

My torpedo rant.

27 comments in this topic

Players
22 posts

seriously can't they just make friendly torpedo's not detonate on friendlies like friendly fire on/off or something or a safeguard that disables your torpedo's when trying to launch in close proximity or direction of friendlies because it happens WAY to often players sailing into friendly torpedo's especially when they get focused trying to zigzag their way out of a heated situation and then some of them players even sail into friendly torpedo's on purpose just to troll players its just insane. and how about giving incoming friendly torpedo's a different beeping sound and different color on the kompas. i personally think the game is messed up REALLY bad seriously broken they just made it worse and gave griefers more opportunities to grief their own team when they feel like it.   

Players
753 posts
3,168 battles

seriously can't they just make friendly torpedo's not detonate on friendlies like friendly fire on/off or something or a safeguard that disables your torpedo's when trying to launch in close proximity or direction of friendlies because it happens WAY to often players sailing into friendly torpedo's especially when they get focused trying to zigzag their way out of a heated situation and then some of them players even sail into friendly torpedo's on purpose just to troll players its just insane. and how about giving incoming friendly torpedo's a different beeping sound and different color on the kompas. i personally think the game is messed up REALLY bad seriously broken they just made it worse and gave griefers more opportunities to grief their own team when they feel like it.   

to be honest I am not even sure why friendly fire is even a thing surly it would just be easier to make it impossible to kill friendly's would it not
  • Cool 1

Players
22 posts

to be honest I am not even sure why friendly fire is even a thing surly it would just be easier to make it impossible to kill friendly's would it not

very much so..way easier and less complaining.

[SCRUB]
Players
5,458 posts
9,600 battles

Both sides have to learn to deal with it and most players are certainly capable of doing that.

52857465.jpg

That's why he wears "pink" :red_button:

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,609 posts

If you remove friendly fire on torps, all that will do is create endless walls of torpedo spam.

• Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,403 posts
19,099 battles

Same old complaint from players who have no spacial awareness when in DD's (or any ship with torpedoes). Use eyes and minimap and you will do well.......... reserves judgement on that though...

• Cool 2

[TTT]
Players
1,952 posts
6,534 battles

Dont give your teammates a chance to sail into your torpedoes and troll you.

• Cool 1

Players
2,458 posts
15,503 battles

I TKed a friendly 11km away in Campbeltown a few days ago, impressive stuff!

Shoot torpedoes at lone BB 7km away...  friendly CL/DD decides to turn around to brawl/ram/torp BB... they get tunnel vision ... 20 seconds later you kill them both with the expertly aimed set. :teethhappy: (up to 3 in Campbeltown now, sorry if it was you. Those torps are a bit too good for low tier school ground punch ups) 

If your brawling with ships late on in the game and there's friendly destroyers around, fishes are already in the water heading towards your target, look up!

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,403 posts
19,099 battles

I TKed a friendly 11km away in Campbeltown a few days ago, impressive stuff!

7.5km torps? 9.2km gun range? Sure was impressive!

[DMX]
Players
1,059 posts
7,748 battles

If they do enough team damage, they will turn pink for team damage. A pink player's torp damage doesn't do a lot of damage to you, but the pink player themselves take a plenty of penalty damage for torping the teammate. I took a pink player's torp in one game and it did negligible damage. So they have done something about it in that aspect, punishing the player who sent the bad torps in the first place (if they are pink).

Regarding friendly torps, they can be fairly difficult to spot, since normally you'd expect torps from the enemy direction. If people are zig-zagging to dodge enemy gunfire, then they have far too much to handle to cope with the friendly torps in addition to that. Having to bear with dodging torps from cruisers is something that can cause DDs to withdraw from the first line and possibly retreat even behind battleships (if they are where they should be and not camping in the back) as they seek a new battlefront to be effective in. The culture here is such that you shouldn't make friendlies evade torps. People expect you to be more responsible with your torps and therefore have hard time dodging them when you surprise them with reckless torps.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3 posts
747 battles

A possible solution to this would be to give players the ability to deactivate their own torps. However this could open up a lot of scope for trolling. In regards to friendly torps I believe very much in the phrase it takes two to tango,if a friendly DD who is 2k away from me and at the 9 o'clock position from my torps and then tunnel visions to launch his torps and mindlessly sails into mine then I refuse to take all of the responsibility although I will accept some. I don't know about you guys but any time the torp indicator goes off I will have a look to atleast see where they are.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Responsibility sits far more with the launcher. If you're that close in with lots of friendlies then you need to be careful. Unless you feel in launching them you take the risk nuking everyone in their path.

There are honest mistakes but I'm willing to say the majority of friendly torp strikes are from bad play.

Players
121 posts
7,221 battles

Well I was at max 5 times sunk by friendly fire (once by TK) in all my games and had someting like 30 close calls. I do not see it as real issue.  Well it is not nice, but I think the new rules, against TK are enough.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

The new threshold is way too strict. No way of telling who has made a genuine mistake, is a troll or just plain noob.

Still think all team damage over a certain limit and all sunk friendly ships should give the victim a forgive or punish choice.

Players
283 posts
13,376 battles

If it only happens once I was told that it is easy to leave the pink behind.

One team kill gets you 5 battles in pink. If you do any friendly damage, including collisions, it gets extended.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
773 posts
7,786 battles

No. There are no such things as friendly torpedoes. You hit a friendly, apologise, examine what you did wrong and learn from it.

It's hard enough working the detection/torpedo range and avoiding incoming when you are on the front line not to have it made harder by spanners at the back spamming torpedoes from both direction.

Op, of you got a friendly, it's your fault. If nothing else, you've impacted on them by limiting their options to evade.

I won't say never ever fire from the second line because there will always be an exception to the rule. But as a very strong guideline, and given that your behaviour about out afterwards is to whine on the forums, take good advice that you are making a classic mistake and stop doing it.

Further, you've listed a number of instances where this has happened. This is a team game and you win and lose as a team. You will have more success if you support your team mates rather than damaging them or running their positioning.

Look around you, use the minimap and develop your situational awareness.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's not like wot. It's the mistake you made two minutes ago that get you killed in this game more often than the mistake you made 10 seconds ago.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's not like wot. It's the mistake you made two minutes ago that get you killed in this game more often than the mistake you made 10 seconds ago.

Well said, from not turning, not capping, using damage control too early, not rotating turrets to face a threat etc Reading what is happening is everything. 

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,049 posts
8,034 battles

Let's not forget that 'friendly' torps that the friendly ship manages to notice and evade, can be just as dangerous as actual hits. In order to evade the torps the friendly ship might have to expose himself to danger, be forced to abort an attack or have his weapons off the target at the critical moment. Just because the torps don't hit, doesn't mean they don't do harm. I have been sunk in furious DD fight exactly because I suddenly had friendly torps coming at me I had to keep an eye on and evade, leading to my weapons being off the target and letting him have free shots at me that I could otherwise have mitigated through maneuvering or outright evaded. But in the end, the culprit didn't get the punishment, I did, as I was sunk just as surely.

Edited by Unintentional_submarine
  • Cool 2

Players
22 posts

Let's not forget that 'friendly' torps that the friendly ship manages to notice and evade, can be just as dangerous as actual hits. In order to evade the torps the friendly ship might have to expose himself to danger, be forced to abort an attack or have his weapons off the target at the critical moment. Just because the torps don't hit, doesn't mean they don't do harm. I have been sunk in furious DD fight exactly because I suddenly had friendly torps coming at me I had to keep an eye on and evade, leading to my weapons being off the target and letting him have free shots at me that I could otherwise have mitigated through maneuvering or outright evaded. But in the end, the culprit didn't get the punishment, I did, as I was sunk just as surely.

and this happens to me on a daily basses...very true 

Players
25 posts
1,577 battles

I would like to see that ramming makes no difference between enemy and friendly.

If i ram a friendly ship at full speed i lose about 0.001 % HP per second.

If i touch an enemy ship by giving them a small friendly hug at about the speed of a snail...

shutterstock_164761160.jpg?itok=qFXBaylA