SGorshkov

Constantly late getting into a battle

15 comments in this topic

Question

Players
6 posts
6,681 battles

Hi there  looking for some guidance here guys  started playing this wonderful game about 3 weeks ago  was fine at first but as i get into higher tiers  currently VI carrier Independence and tier V actoss Japanese ships  and German ships  the time it takes me to get into a battle is frustratingly long  sometimes my team members have been moving for up to 3 minutes before i get in  usually theyre moving on the entry minimap before my blue bar has even started filling up ! clearly this is putting me at a disadvantage and on one occasion i got in just in time to see enemy carrier planes inbound to me and dropping bombs before i could gain speed. can anyone advise me as to the problem  I thought it may be my internet speed but i checked it and it seems ok . any assistance would be helpful 

thanks in advance

Sergei Gorschkov

14 answers to this question

Beta Tester
1,266 posts
2,710 battles

Are you using an older system?

I have the same problem and i am pretty sure its because my pc is... well it had to give up its drivers licence a while ago ;-)

If not than maybe defragmenting your harddrive might help.

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,366 posts
3,348 battles

Sounds like you're on an ancient system, or a laptop that is not designed to take it. Defragging disk as mentined is good to try.

Players
6 posts
6,681 battles

HMM  yes  maybe youre onto something there guys  it is a PC not a laptop but the systems Athlon 2.8 dual core is  not the newest of CPUs  but i do have Win 7 32 bit  4 Gb ram a Geforce 2GB Graphics card and sata connectivity inside'  it plays WWII online well enough though and thats a resource hog  .. might try defragging though  not done that in a while  and maybe clean the registry up a bit too i will post and let you know what happens  thanks

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,366 posts
3,348 battles

Many things in life boils down to economy, but if you can afford it and this is a game you love to play then find a computer that will run it really well. Look at it as an investment in your hobby :-) I do. For the times that I have no cash, at least I got my Internet and my games. So I am not bored, or sad or otherwise not having a good time. :)

• Cool 1

Players
14 posts
2,841 battles

Win 7 needs al least 8gig of ram, 16 gig is better,

an old system will need DDR 1 type memory to upgrade, more resent/newer computers run DDR3 or DDR5, the memory card has a small recess on the plug-in side of the card, its location on the plug-in side is different for each type of memory, DDR 1 will not fit in a DDR 3 or DDR 5 slot, and visa versa,  

you will need to open up the computer (NOT CONECTED TO THE POWER SUPPLY!) remove the memory cards and examine, it will be written on the side what exactly the memory is, DDR1 etc, size 2Gig, 4 Gig, 8 Gig, and also the clock speed, 800Htz, 1200Htz, 1600Htz,

(important) if you are adding memory, same size, same speed,

if you are completely replacing, the biggest, fastest you can afford, DDR Compatible to your motherboard,  Novatech are a good outlet for purchase, with good support,

if its a shop bought computer it may only be a "half motherboard", with (2) memory slots, most "full motherboards" have 4 memory slots, so it is easier to upgrade the memory capacity

also settings in the game, update, turn off the "enable seeding" it may help your connection speed,

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,403 posts
18,957 battles

Win 7 needs al least 8gig of ram, 16 gig is better,

Not so, Win 7 is pretty decent with memory and I have multiple PC's at work using just 2 and 3 Gb's of memory. It is the sum of the parts that affects performance and the needs of the user.

Players
14 posts
2,841 battles

Not so, Win 7 is pretty decent with memory and I have multiple PC's at work using just 2 and 3 Gb's of memory. It is the sum of the parts that affects performance and the needs of the user.

the computers at your work are for your business, not gaming,

running Microsoft office is one thing, gaming is completely different, I doubt if the computers at your work are out of the ark,

what micro chip are they running? what DDR type memory are they running? what is the clock speed of the memory? what type of architecture is the possessor? (example 1155)?  are the dual or quad core? what htz 1.6, 2.4, 2.8, 3.4? what read/write to the HDD do  they have? what is the virtual memory set at?

I build my own computers, have done for years, believe me, gaming and office, are a world apart  

Players
6 posts
6,681 battles

yeah i havent upgraded my PC in a few years now  so i guess its time for a rebuild  i built this one myself and i know its DDR3 RAM 

Players
1,225 posts

I think hard drive speed has the single most impact on loading times. If you are using an old one or just a slow 5400 rpm model it might be time to look into solid state drives. The huge number of files used by world of warships puts a very high strain on your hard drive and thus affect load times. My computer isn't particularly fast or expensive (its 4 years old now), but I get in most games with 55 - 50 seconds remaining on the countdown clock because the game runs on a ssd.

[LAWS]
Beta Tester
231 posts
7,042 battles

An Athlon is a VERY old CPU. You also don't specify exactly what your graphics card is, specifying the memory is the least important part of the graphics card unfortunately. RAM wise 4GB is absolutely fine for what you're doing, it certainly will not be the bottleneck on your performance.

In terms of loading times, yes the major factor will be your storage medium. If you can afford it get a dirt cheap SSD, it'll make a huge difference to your loading times for everything and is the most significant upgrade you can ever do to a computer.

To be honest, it sounds like you need a whole new PC, as others have said it might be time to invest in your hobby if possible :).

Players
19 posts

All of the suggested upgrades will undoubtedly help with any game but having experienced exactly the same problem with the game (not) loading from the pre-battle screens I'm afraid I'm not convinced it isn't some sort of glitch in the actual game code...

I frequently have the game load from the pre-battle screen (showing Mission and Team Members) in seconds, leaving me with 40+ seconds to enjoy the scenery. At other times I suffer from the same load problem SGorshkov mentions - if this was a hardware problem with my PC I'd expect it to happen consistently and not randomly as it does.

There have been occasions when I've actually used Task Manager to 'kill' WoW, logged back in and been dumped right back into the same pre-battle screen and been able to watch the screen update the mini-map and Team Members lists as the battle progresses and ships are sunk (mine included :( ) so no problems with network connectivity either.

Also, I've seen plenty of other players where this has happened - just look for ships that never move from their start position.

Nice (?) cheap kills for some but I would never sink someone in this predicament - I've suffered from it too many times myself and it's not nice...