Server Downtime 21/02 04:00 UTC Read more... ×
LilJumpa

New - Spotting Mechanics Guide Rework [Patch 0.5.5]

43 comments in this topic

Players
4 posts
2,958 battles

It's good to have all this in one place, in particular the details of cyclone mechanics.

One thing with regards to the Situational Awareness symbols though, I'm not sure that this is 100% accurate:

"- the third symbol is shown when the only reason for you being visible are the consumables Surveillance Radar or Hydroacoustic Search used by an enemy ship"

I could be wrong here, so let me know if I am, but I think that the third symbol is shown when the reason for you being spotted is that you are within someone's assured acquisition range. This does mean that, if you're spotted as a result of either of the two previously mentioned consumables, this symbol shows (as they are effectively increasing your assured acquisition range). Though in my experience it also shows if these consumables are not in effect, such as if a very narrow (but tall enough) island is between you and an enemy ship, so you're within 2/3 km of one another but not in line of sight.

Perhaps someone could test this? It's possible I also had someone else spotting me with one of those consumables when I was in that situation.

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

It's good to have all this in one place, in particular the details of cyclone mechanics.

One thing with regards to the Situational Awareness symbols though, I'm not sure that this is 100% accurate:

"- the third symbol is shown when the only reason for you being visible are the consumables Surveillance Radar or Hydroacoustic Search used by an enemy ship"

I could be wrong here, so let me know if I am, but I think that the third symbol is shown when the reason for you being spotted is that you are within someone's assured acquisition range. This does mean that, if you're spotted as a result of either of the two previously mentioned consumables, this symbol shows (as they are effectively increasing your assured acquisition range). Though in my experience it also shows if these consumables are not in effect, such as if a very narrow (but tall enough) island is between you and an enemy ship, so you're within 2/3 km of one another but not in line of sight.

Perhaps someone could test this? It's possible I also had someone else spotting me with one of those consumables when I was in that situation.

Hi

Just tested that with a smokescreen in a training room. The smoke should have the same effect, since it blocks the direct line of sight.

Went close to an enemy (1.5km) laid smoke and reversed. So the only reason we saw eachther was the assured acquisition range at < 2.0km

The SA symbol was the first one in this test.

Supertest Coordinator
6,337 posts
4,289 battles

Could you add the fact that smoke will not deploy until 2 seconds after you press the button. A section on DDs and smoke would be nice. Good work!

similarly when "!" Appears you appear on the minimap. 3 seconds later you will render to ships in range. 

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

There is a section about smoke : http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/49421-new-spotting-mechanics-guide-rework-patch-055/#Smoke

The 2 sec delay was also mentioned but I added it to the text to make it more obvious.

That you are only visible 3 seconds after the SA goes off is something I cannot confirm since it only appears in certain situations and I have never seen an official statement about this.

Players
8 posts
11,099 battles

why can'nt we have a range finder that actually lines up with the enemy ship if the ship is crossing the horizontal

why is it that the range finder is off the screen when attacking destroyers given their speed 

When maneuvering to avoid shot fired it still follows my ship  it is becoming increasingly difficult to avoid  incoming fire this is not all the time but seems to be in some maps ?

Some of the guns on some ships are not creating the damage they should and some destroyers are killing battle ships at will in a number of maps it seems as if fall of shot is to long or to short or just passes over the target 

Alpha Tester
244 posts
10,853 battles

I've got a question about direct line of sight acquisition. 

Two DD's meet each other on open sea, no smoke or islands, no planes and radars included. Both have 7.7 km visibility. I get and info that i'm visible and that enemy destroyer is spotted. One of us or both, keep moving forward. But for few seconds, i don't see him, and he doesn't shoot either. We see each other at 6.x km's instead of 7.7 and start shooting in the same moment.

Is this a bug or server related issue or something else?

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

Late answer, but better late than never :)

This is caused by the current mechanics of Situational Awareness (the captain skill) in combination with visibility and detectability:

visible: your ship is actually visible both on the screen and on the minimap of the enemy

detected: you are meeting the terms of being detectable (direct line of sight, range, etc.)

How it works at the moment (Patch 0.5.7):

SA is combined with being detected not with being visible.

If you are detected (SA symbol comes up) you will be visible 3secs later. If you are no longer detected (SA Symbol fades) you will still be visible for another 3 secs.

• Cool 1

[TAW]
Players
92 posts
3,891 battles

Quick question the Captain Skill, Situational Awareness, mentioned in your guide (for which thanks) has that been renamed as, Priority Target, or have I missed something?

[T_I_W]
Players
142 posts
9,355 battles
25 minutes ago, Maihon said:

Quick question the Captain Skill, Situational Awareness, mentioned in your guide (for which thanks) has that been renamed as, Priority Target, or have I missed something?

Situational Awareness was added as a default skill for all players some patches ago so everyone is aware when they are spotted.

Priority Target tells you when (and how many) enemies focus your ship as the target - some people use it on almost every ship and some dont

Players
3 posts
Le 20/04/2016 à 07:10, LilJumpa a dit :

In May 2015, when World of Warships was still in the Beta Phase, Sharana wrote an excellent guide for new players and veterans alike to understand the basics of the game mechanics for visibility and spotting.

A lot has changed in the last 11 months. New ships, new consumables and changes in the behaviour of existing parts of the game called for a rework of this guide and Sharana allowed me to use parts of his former work and I  will mix it with a recent guide from the russian Forums , posted by the developer of WG/Lesta Sub_Octavian (here)

What I want to provide with this guide, is the basic understanding on how the visibility and spotting mechanics work in general and also provide you with additional information on differences between certain ships, classes and nations. These more detailed lists and numbers you will find in the spoilers at the end of each chapter.

Please feel free to comment or hint me on the mistakes I made during typing , so we can get all the Bugs out :honoring:

Table of content

A. The basics of visibility

1. Direct line of sight and Visibility circles

2. Maximum Acquisition range (Spotting range, render range)

3. Concealment from ships (surface detectability range)

4. Concealment from airplanes(air detectability range)

5. Assured Acquisition Range (Proximity Spot)

6. Torpedo Detection

7. To know when you are spotted - Situational awareness

B. Modifiers for Visibility

1. Smoke - How does it work

2. Radar and Hydroacustic Search

3. How to lower your base concealment

4. Target Acquisition System Modification 1

C. Weather - Cyclone on the North Map and its effects

Changelog:

Révéler le contenu masqué

Patch 0.5.6

- Captain Skill Concealment Expert no longer has an effect on the concealment penalties applied for shooting your main guns

- Improved Minimap now shows all visibility circles (optional). These Circles are dynamic and always show the actual ranges

A. The basics of visibility

First of all there is nothing broken in the spotting mechanic, it's "working as intended™". The question is what's intended? Well the truth is that the visibility mechanic in WoWs is relatively easy and straightforward. If you have played World of Tanks you may have already heard of and expirienced some of these mechanics but the visibility system in WoWs is different in a lot of aspects.

You may have asked yourself several times during the course of a battle "Why am I spotted?" ,"Who is spotting me ?" or "Why can't I see that pesky destroyer who is near me?"

There are several requirements which have to be met in order to spot and see enemy ships and these requirements are explained in the following guide.

1. Direct line of sight and Visibility circles

The first requirement which has to be met in order to spot an enemy ship is a direct line of sight between your vessel and the enemys. The Server draws a direct line between the highest parts of each ship. If this line is not interrupted by obstacles like islands or smoke clouds, you have a direct line of sight and are able to spot the enemy ship. If you don't have a direct line of sight you are dependant on the spotting of friendly ships or planes to see the enemy ship. Only exception to this rule is at very close distances (inside the assured acquisition ranges, explained below).

FjIQrUM.jpg

Spotting from Airplanes works a little different in this aspect. There is no line drawn between the plane and the ship and they completely ignore islands, meaning you cannot hide a ship behind a landmass from the detection from a plane. Smoke on the other hand has the similar effect to both ships and planes of the enemy. Smoke is explained in Part B of this guide.

The further requirements are ship and class specific. While Battleships (BB) are relatively easy to detect, since they are large but powerfull ships , Destroyers (DD) have to rely on being hard to detect and remain invisible for portions of the match in order to be successfull. The basic visibility mechanics are the same for each ship, but the various ranges are different.

In WoWs, each Ship has 4 circles of visibility around it. Each circle affects different parts of the spotting and visibility mechanics.

R9FXbtT.jpg

2. Maximum Acquisition range (spotting range, render range)

The largest circle around our ship determines what is graphically rendered by your PC and made visible on your monitor. Every ship or airplane outside this circle is not visible for you and can only be seen on the minimap. The exact range is not listed in the ship specific charasteristics in port. It is only visible in game and displayed by a white sector on the minimap.

Aircraft Carriers (CV) have a fixed maximum aquisition range of 50 km while being in the strategic view managing their aircraft.

Note: Although not visible for you, these ships are present for the server and can be damaged or damage you. Some ships have weapons with ranges exceeding their maximum acquisition range (e.g. Kagero , Tier 9 IJN DD)

3tguwBa.jpg

3. Concealment from ships (Surface detectability range)

oDjrw4B.jpg

This circle around each ship defines the range when this particular ship will get spotted for the enemy team. Every enemy ship that is inside this circle can spot you as long as it has a direct line of sight to your ship. Every enemy ship outside this circle is not able to see or detect you, unless you are spotted by somebody else.

What is important to know about this circle: depending on what is happening in the game, it can increase in size for a certain amount of time, meaning you will be spotted by enemy ships which are further away.

These Penalties are added to the base ships surface detectability range. This value can be viewed in Port for each ship but is not visualized in game. Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

Action Duration Effect
Firing your main guns* 20s after the last shot Penalty: + (caliber x 30) m**
Firing your Anti Aircraft guns as long as these guns fire Penalty: + 1.3km
Firing your secondary guns 20s after the last shot Penalty: + 1.3km
Fire on board your ship as long as the fire burns Penalty: + 3km

** Example: Firing 203mm main guns would add : 203*30= 6090m

*Firing your main guns

While most of these penalties are pretty straight forward and easy to understand the penalty for firing the main guns has some exceptions which have been added to the game for balancing certain ships and classes.

Exception for all ships added in patch 0.5.5:

If you fire your main guns and cannot be spotted at that moment, even with the penalty added to your base concealment range, the 20s duration is not applied. So when there is no enemy ship or plane close enough (= inside your ships surface/air detectability range + penalty) or has no direct line of sight because your ship is inside  a smoke cloud, the penalty is not added.

Note: Airplanes don't need a direct line of sight, so you can get spotted by them even behind islands

Exceptions for specific ships:

- all researchable soviet/russian Destroyers  of the Tiers 2-4 have an additional penalty for firing their main guns of +1km --> (caliber x 30) m* + 1000m

- all researchable soviet/russian Destroyers  of the Tiers 5-10 have an additional penalty for firing their main guns of +2km --> (caliber x 30) m* + 2000m

- Premium destroyer Anshan also has this +2km penalty --> 130mm x 30 +2000m = 5900m 

- Premium cruiser Mikhail Kutuzov also has this +2km penalty --> 152mm x 30 + 2000m = 6560m

- all ships with the option of equipping main guns of different caliber (e.g. Mogami) will always get the penalty of the bigger guns

Example

Now let's take a look at the spotting itself and how these two ranges work in game. Don't mind my Paint™ skillz (Sharana ), I just tried to visualize the process. So let's take a look at it:

11icymv.jpg

Situation 1: Both ships are far away from each other and outside of their respective maximum acquisition range. Even if they are spotted from other ships they won't see each other in the game, they will only get marks on the minimap.

Situation 2: The ships are now closer to each other. The DD has spotted that CA, because it has entered the CA's surface detectability range (let's say 12km) and it's also inside the maximum acquisition range. The CA should theoretically see the DD as it's inside it's view range (maximum acquisition range), but can't spot it, because the DD's surface detectability range is 6km and the distance is still 12km. If a plane spots that DD then the CA can see it and shoot at it, but can't spot it alone, so if the plane is destroyed or gets out of range then the DD is invisible again.

Situation 3: Both ships are now close enough. The CA entered the DD's surface detectability range and can spot it.

4. Concealment from planes (Air detectability range)

oDjrw4B.jpg

This circle works in a similar way as the concealment from ships, but applies to airplanes. It also increases but with slightly different numbers and the penalty is added to the base air detectability range.

Action Duration Effect
Firing your main guns* 20s after the last shot* Penalty: (caliber x 20) m**
Firing your Anti Aircraft guns as long as these guns fire Penalty: + 2km
Firing your secondary guns 20s after the last shot Penalty: + 2km
Fire on board your ship as long as the fire burns Penalty: + 2km

**Example: Firing 203mm main guns would add : 203*20= 4060m

*Firing your main guns

See above.

It's also appropriate to mention the planes here. There is slight difference between the catapult planes and the others who are carrier-based. Their maximim acquisition range is 11km and that's the maximum distance they can see ships. They do not need a direct line of sight but cannot see through smoke.

The scout planes can be detected from both surface and air at 4km, while the other planes get spotted from 8km.

2hye1af.jpg

5. Assured acquisition range (proximity spotting range)

The smallest circle around each ship is the distance where it is impossible to hide. Any ship inside this assured acquisition range is automatically spotted and there is no direct line of sight needed. So it does not matter if the ships is behind an island or inside a smokecloud. Important: It does not affect torpedos or enemy planes.

The basic assured acquisition range for every ship is 2km.

There are three possible modifiers to change this basic range for your ship, which in detail are explained in Part B (Radar and Hydroacustic Search)

the Consumable Hydroacustic Search, which is available for almost all Cruisers Tier 4+. Effect: temporary replaces the assured acquisition range with the range in the description.

- the Consumable  Surveillance Radar, which is available for US and RU Cruisers Tier 8-10. Effect: temporary replaces the assured acquisition range with the range in the description.

- the module Target Aquisition System Modification 1 (TASM 1), which is available for ships of Tier 8-10. Effect: permanently increases the range from 2km to 3km.

6.Torpedo Detection

Torpedos have different defined detection ranges and can be spotted by ships and airplanes. These detection ranges are based on the size of the torpedos and the speed at which they are traveling (detailed information on the different torpedos inside the spoiler). Once enemy Torpedos are detected, they stay visible untill they hit a target, an Island or run out at the end of their range. Friendly Torpedos are always visible.

If torpedos are fired at your ship you have the possibility to change these detection ranges in your favor so you can see enemy torpedos earlier and have more time to react. This is called torpedo aquisition and replaces the detection range of the torpedos with the the modifiers you have equipped, once torpedos get near your ship:

- the captain skill Vigilance, which is available for 3 points for every ship. Effect: permanent

- the Consumable Hydroacustic Search, which is available for most cruisers and some premium ships like the LoYang. Effect: temporary

- the module Target Aquisition System Modification 1 (TASM 1), which is available for ships of Tier 8-10. Effect: permanent

Note: None of these have an affect on the spotting ability of your own airplanes

2sOsIEA.jpgCrhJhGN.jpg BGX5H5j.jpg 

Important: Patch 0.5.5 has a Bug where all ranges on the Hydroacoustic Search and Surveillance Radar consumables have a wrong description, if your captain assigned to the ship has learned the skill Vigilance. All ranges are 25% too high. (example: ship aquisition of the consumable is 10km, the tooltip says 12.5 km)

Example:

Let's say that a Destroyer has fired Torpedos at your ship, which have a detection range of 1000m, which is the distance they will be visible for the first time if nothing else has spotted them before.

How these Modifications work seperately:

- Vigilance Skill: adds +25% to the detection range --> 1000m x 1.25 = 1250m

- TASM 1: adds +20% to the detection range --> 1000m x 1.20 = 1200m

- Hydroacustic Search: replaces the detection range with the range in the description for the stated duration: 4575m for 114s

How these Modifications work together:

- If you have Vigilance and TASM1 on your ship they multiply, so in this example you get 1000m x 1,25 x 1,2 = 1500m

If you have Vigilance and  use Hydroacustic Search on your ship, they are multiplied as long as Hydro is active. In this example: 4575m x 1.25 = 5719m temporary or 1250m permanent

- If you have TASM 1 and use Hydroacustic Search on your ship, they do not add or multiply. In this example: 4575m temporary or 1200m permanent

So TASM 1 is multiplied with Vigilance but does not add/multiply to the range of Sonar. Only Vigilance does.

Here are the different parameters of all Torpedos in the game as of Patch 0.5.5

Patch 0.5.2 Source : http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/65360-torpedo-detection-ranges-and-shell-velocitykrupp-as-of-052/

Marked Torps have changed in Patch 0.5.5

Name            |   Speed   |   Max    | Damage |  Detect  | React  |   Arm  |   Nation   | Ships
----------------------------|-----------|----------|--------|----------|--------|--------|------------|------ - - -
450 mm Type44 mod. 2        |  48.00kts |   8.01km |   6800 |   0.80km |  6.00s |  1.00s | Japan      | Umikaze
53-36                       |  64.00kts |   4.02km |  14400 |   1.30km |  7.31s |  1.00s | U.S.S.R.   | Gnevny
53-36 mod. 2                |  55.00kts |   8.01km |  14400 |   1.10km |  7.20s |  1.00s | U.S.S.R.   | Udaloi, Tashkent
53-38                       |  65.00kts |   4.02km |  14400 |   1.30km |  7.20s |  1.00s | U.S.S.R.   | Gnevny, Ognevoi
53-38U                      |  65.00kts |   4.02km |  17933 |   1.30km |  7.20s |  1.00s | U.S.S.R.   | Kiev, Tashkent
53-39                       |  55.00kts |   8.01km |  14400 |   1.10km |  7.20s |  1.00s | U.S.S.R.   | Gremyashchy, Murmansk
53-39 mod. 1                |  70.00kts |   4.02km |  15100 |   1.40km |  7.20s |  1.00s | U.S.S.R.   | Ognevoi, Kiev
53-39 mod. 2                |  60.00kts |   8.01km |  15100 |   1.20km |  7.20s |  1.00s | U.S.S.R.   | Udaloi
53-39 mod. 3                |  56.00kts |   9.99km |  15100 |   1.10km |  7.07s |  1.00s | U.S.S.R.   | Khabarovsk
53-51                       |  60.00kts |   8.01km |  14400 |   1.20km |  7.20s |  1.00s | U.S.S.R.   | Mikhail Kutuzov
533 mm Mk 10                |  57.00kts |   8.01km |  14400 |   1.20km |  7.58s |  1.00s | Poland     | Błyskawica
533 mm Mk15                 |  55.00kts |   9.15km |  11600 |   1.10km |  7.20s |  1.00s | U.S.A.     | Mahan, Benson
533 mm Type44 mod. 2        |  57.00kts |   6.99km |   9066 |   1.20km |  7.58s |  1.00s | Japan      | Tenryu, Wakatake
533 mm Type6                |  57.00kts |   6.99km |  10833 |   1.20km |  7.58s |  1.00s | Japan      | Kuma, Isokaze, Wakatake
Bliss Leavitt Mk3           |  48.00kts |   4.50km |   6400 |   1.00km |  7.50s |  1.00s | U.S.A.     | Wickes
Bliss Leavitt Mk7 mod. 0    |  54.00kts |   4.50km |   6033 |   0.90km |  6.00s |  1.00s | U.S.A.     | Sampson
Bliss Leavitt Mk7 mod. 5A   |  35.00kts |   3.21km |   8500 |   1.10km | 11.31s |  3.50s | U.S.A.     | Bogue, Independence, Langley, Saipan
Bliss Leavitt Mk7 Type DA   |  35.00kts |   3.06km |   5900 |   1.10km | 11.31s |  3.50s | U.S.A.     | Langley
Bliss Leavitt Mk9 mod. 1    |  49.00kts |   8.22km |   6233 |   1.00km |  7.35s |  1.00s | U.S.A.     | Marblehead, Marblehead Lima
Bliss Leavitt Mk9 mod. 1b   |  56.00kts |   5.04km |   9900 |   1.10km |  7.07s |  1.00s | U.S.A.     | Clemson, Wickes
ET-46                       |  53.00kts |   6.00km |  19500 |   1.10km |  7.47s |  1.00s | U.S.S.R.   | Khabarovsk
G7                          |  58.00kts |   4.02km |  10433 |   1.10km |  6.83s |  1.00s | Germany    | Karlsruhe
G7a T1                      |  64.00kts |   6.00km |  13700 |   1.30km |  7.31s |  1.00s | Germany    | Nürnberg, Hindenburg, Tirpitz, Admiral Hipper, Roon, Königsberg, Yorck
H8                          |  57.00kts |   6.00km |  11200 |   1.40km |  8.84s |  1.00s | Germany    | Karlsruhe
Mk11                        |  56.00kts |   5.49km |  11733 |   1.10km |  7.07s |  1.00s | U.S.A.     | Nicholas, Clemson, Phoenix, Omaha, Farragut
Mk12                        |  64.00kts |   6.39km |  11733 |   1.30km |  7.31s |  1.00s | U.S.A.     | Mahan, Buffalo, Farragut
Mk13 mod. 0A                |  34.00kts |   3.66km |   9866 |   1.50km | 15.88s |  3.40s | U.S.A.     | Midway, Independence, Essex, Ranger, Lexington, Saipan
Mk15 mod. 0                 |  65.00kts |   5.49km |  11600 |   1.30km |  7.20s |  1.00s | U.S.A.     | Sims
Mk15 mod. 3                 |  55.00kts |   9.15km |  16633 |   1.10km |  7.20s |  1.00s | U.S.A.     | Fletcher, Benson
Mk15 mod. 3                 |  65.00kts |   4.50km |  16633 |   1.30km |  7.20s |  1.00s | U.S.A.     | Atlanta
Mk16 mod. 1                 |  66.00kts |  10.50km |  19033 |   1.40km |  7.64s |  1.00s | U.S.A.     | Fletcher
Mk17                        |  66.00kts |  16.50km |  17900 |   1.40km |  7.64s |  1.00s | U.S.A.     | Gearing
Mk8 mod. 2B                 |  49.00kts |   9.15km |   8500 |   1.00km |  7.35s |  1.00s | U.S.A.     | Sims
Torpedo Model 1908          |  45.00kts |   3.00km |   6133 |   0.70km |  5.60s |  1.00s | U.S.S.R.   | Storozhevoi
Torpedo Model 1910          |  51.00kts |   3.00km |   6166 |   0.80km |  5.65s |  1.00s | U.S.S.R.   | Derzki, Storozhevoi, Izyaslav
Torpedo Model 1912          |  52.00kts |   5.01km |   7233 |   0.80km |  5.54s |  1.00s | U.S.S.R.   | Izyaslav
Type 92                     |  68.00kts |   6.99km |  14400 |   1.40km |  7.41s |  1.00s | Japan      | Fujin, Kamikaze R, Isokaze, Minekaze, Kamikaze
Type F3                     |  76.00kts |   8.01km |  21366 |   1.90km |  9.00s |  1.00s | Japan      | Zao, Shimakaze, Kagero
Type42 mod. 1               |  44.00kts |   5.01km |   6133 |   0.70km |  5.73s |  1.00s | Japan      | Umikaze, Tachibana, Tachibana Lima
Type8                       |  63.00kts |   6.00km |  14600 |   1.60km |  9.14s |  1.00s | Japan      | Furutaka, Yubari, Mutsuki
Type8 mod. 2                |  59.00kts |   9.99km |  16266 |   1.50km |  9.15s |  1.00s | Japan      | Myoko, Furutaka, Iwaki Alpha, Aoba, Mutsuki, Hatsuharu
Type90 mod. 1               |  62.00kts |   9.99km |  17233 |   1.60km |  9.29s |  1.00s | Japan      | Mogami, Atago, ARP Myoko, Tone, Ibuki, Myoko, Fubuki, Kitakami, Hatsuharu
Type90 mod. 2               |  57.00kts |  15.00km |  17233 |   1.40km |  8.84s |  1.00s | Japan      |Kagero, Fubuki
Type91 mod. 1A              |  35.00kts |   3.36km |   8566 |   1.30km | 13.37s |  3.50s | Japan      | Taiho, Hosho, Shokaku, Hiryu, Hakuryu, Ryujo, Zuiho
Type93                      |  62.00kts |  20.01km |  20966 |   2.50km |  9.13s |  1.00s | Japan      | Kagero, Shimakaze
Type93 mod. 2               |  67.00kts |   9.99km |  20966 |   1.70km |  9.13s |  1.00s | Japan      | Ibuki, Fubuki, Kagero
Type93 mod. 3               |  67.00kts |  12.00km |  23766 |   1.90km |  9.43s |  1.00s | Japan      | Shimakaze
Whitehead Mk5               |  49.00kts |   4.50km |   5900 |   0.80km |  5.88s |  1.00s | U.S.A.     | Sampson

Perhaps the most renowned aspect of Spotting Mechanics; bushes are the primary source of camouflage providers that you may find on the battlefield. The larger the bush, the better it conceals your tank. However, it is a bit more complicated than that. Another variable that affects how much camouflage you are receiving from a bush is your own distance and positioning in regards to said bush. There are 5 positions that come to mind when it comes down to choosing where to place your tank in respect to a bush. However, only 2 of these positions are widely accepted, with a third being highly situational.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,399 posts
6,354 battles
On 2/2/2019 at 12:33 PM, billel_medjdoubi said:

Perhaps the most renowned aspect of Spotting Mechanics; bushes are the primary source of camouflage providers that you may find on the battlefield. The larger the bush, the better it conceals your tank. However, it is a bit more complicated than that. Another variable that affects how much camouflage you are receiving from a bush is your own distance and positioning in regards to said bush. There are 5 positions that come to mind when it comes down to choosing where to place your tank in respect to a bush. However, only 2 of these positions are widely accepted, with a third being highly situational.

*edited*

Edited by G_Bg_82
edited due to not constructive content

[ADRIA]
Players
4,567 posts
6,874 battles
4 hours ago, billel_medjdoubi said:

(..) bushes (..) tank (..)

And now check the link to what forums you are in