You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Kruzenstern

Please make Domination mode (or all game modes) optional already...

21 comments in this topic

[MIMI]
Beta Tester
984 posts
5,306 battles

Seriously, I have hated this game mode since it was introduced, and nothing in this game irritates me more than that I still cannot turn it off like it is possible in WoT. Half the Domination matches are already decided by the MM because one side had 4 DDs and the other has 1, and the other half ends just when the battle starts getting interesting with far too many ships still alive. The only ship class in which I do not totally hate it is DDs, because of easy XP farming. Still not very enjoyable though. I know there are people who like Domination, and thats fine, let them play it and maybe even allow them to turn of the other types. But please allow those of us who don't like it to turn it off.

Or at the very least, reduce Domination frequency, like 3/4 of my matches are Domination and Standard Battle is anything but standard...

Edited by Kruzenstern

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,498 posts
11,621 battles

I must say that I really like the concept of this game mode, but seeing day after day your teammates that do aanything they can do to not go on caps really piss me off.

So I must say that I agree with the OP.

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,569 battles

I would like the opposite, to remove the standard mode. Domination is way more fun even with uneven DD matchmaking.

• Cool 7

[COSTS]
Alpha Tester
3,692 posts
5,958 battles

I like domination too. Must say that the Ocean map is much better with this mode.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
1,924 battles

I like domination too. Must say that the Ocean map is much better with this mode.

True, but then again, Ocean map is basicly not very good in my opinion no matter the game mode. It is the worst map in my opinion.

I actually prefer Domination over standard battle, it seems to at least make people go out and fight more often than in standard.

I would much rather like an option to disable one map from the qeue, that you then won't be able to join in on. 

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,207 posts
14,708 battles

No thanks. Games would just drag on forever.  Can you imagine having sunk every ship bar one on the other team after about 12 minutes and having to hunt down the last one?   Yawn.

Edited by Hedgehog1963

Beta Tester
34 posts
3,441 battles

The only thing that bothers me about domination mode is........people that plays it like standard mode.

On the other hand I like options......options are good,...... but it might tip the scale so that we get even more dd's in domination and fewer in standard battle though ,,,,,,(pretending its perfectly balanced as it is:B).

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
6,641 posts
28,513 battles

Hi all,

I like "Domination" mode - but I dislike the DD imparity! :(

I posted this in separate thread:

I had 7 "Domination" games today - in all of them my side had 1-2-3 less DDs by MM... :(

We were at HUGE disadvantage at the start and, of course 6 of those 7 games were lost despite the best effort...

So, WG, please make DDs MIRROR in "Domination" game mode because it is simply not fair to be fighting almost certain losing battle - the number of DDs is what counts in "Domination" mode!

Leo "Apollo11"

[WDMC]
Beta Tester
43 posts
5,603 battles

Domination is the best mode, the Defend aka "standard" mode is what should be removed. In defense mode you have no incentive to do anything but to camp and kill the fools who haven`t understand this. In domination you muss play actively in order to win, not just camp. So yes remove the standard mode for more active gameplay, even for BBs and alike. 

Players
2,832 posts
21,712 battles

I would like the opposite, to remove the standard mode. Domination is way more fun even with uneven DD matchmaking.

THIS!

domination is the only game mode that has a basis for strategic play.

if i could i would play domination only.

who cares abaout that stupid brawl all over the place, winner takes base standard mode

Players
720 posts
9,732 battles

What I'm reading here:

I like to take a tour along the map border and snipe at max range then chase the enemy CV with my BB while we are being capped.

So please WG, remove domination mode because I'm fed up of people pinging my map location and asking wtf I am doing. Also, it encourages team work and forces people to fight for specific objectives which is a concept that is alien to me.

• Cool 2

Players
66 posts
9,151 battles

Just give the players the option to chose the mode they want... Domination game mode is no fun at all, for me its a reason to quit the game, im so sick of it.

When players like domination mode, chose it, otherwise dont chose it... this way everyone can play the way they want to.

Players
8,241 posts

I much prefer Domination, things simply happen quicker on it. If a team sucks then it'll end far quicker and save everyone the pain. On Standard maps it tends to end in total destruction of one side somewhere near the end of the 20 minutes with some loser hiding in A1 or something :sceptic:

But yes, a DD disparity will royally mess up Domination mode...

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,353 posts
24,833 battles

Seriously, I have hated this game mode since it was introduced, and nothing in this game irritates me more than that I still cannot turn it off like it is possible in WoT. Half the Domination matches are already decided by the MM because one side had 4 DDs and the other has 1, and the other half ends just when the battle starts getting interesting with far too many ships still alive. The only ship class in which I do not totally hate it is DDs, because of easy XP farming. Still not very enjoyable though. I know there are people who like Domination, and thats fine, let them play it and maybe even allow them to turn of the other types. But please allow those of us who don't like it to turn it off.

Or at the very least, reduce Domination frequency, like 3/4 of my matches are Domination and Standard Battle is anything but standard...

You late to the game mate!!! Unless i am mistaken the disparity between Numbers of DD should only be +/- 1 know after the last patch...

[POI--]
Quality Poster
2,376 posts
19,086 battles

BCBdsjm.gif

in fact... just Remove Standard battles already... (from high tier games atleast)

Already happened, IIRC.

Beta Tester
282 posts
1,216 battles

Already happened, IIRC.

D'oh! i forgot about the removal they did that on 5.7 (on T9/10 max games), could have sworn this applies to T8 Max games as well... oh well

Edit: Wait... not fully... they reduced the chance.... ugh... i think my brain farted...

Edited by AntTiger666

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
4,775 posts
13,353 battles

Lets bring back old standard battles with 50-80% chance of a draw!!

//ye, that's sarcasm

[SCRUB]
Players
5,092 posts
30,625 battles

I agree.

In standard battles the lack of tactical insight seems to be more prevalent; and has greater consequences.

Either the whole team is camping near / behind the base; or no one deems it necessary to defend the base once it's being capped.

In standard battles it seems like a lot of players don't realise you lose the battle if the base is capped.

Beta Tester
6,634 posts
24,787 battles

If the option to make certain game modes optional would mean that a certain group of players (= those who do not understand victory conditions) would be excluded (or would exclude themselves...) from playing certain game modes, I'm all for it!

The problem ain't the different game modes - the problem are the players, who have about as much tactical ability as a very old potatoe. Can I have an option to make playing with these people optional?